Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing Herald (The Pompey Pages)

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
The Worthing Herald now has a feature called The Pompey Pages. What’s going on? Why have Portsmouth FC been given a regular feature in Worthing’s principal local newspaper? Albion are featured every week in Harty’s column. It’s right that the only Football League club in Sussex should get some coverage in a Worthing paper. But there’s something not quite right about a relationship between the Worthing Herald and Portsmouth FC.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I'll never buy that then.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
That's pretty crap really isn't it.

In the old days, my band used to feature a lot in that paper as we were touring the local pubs and clubs - but then, our bass player was the music writer for the paper, which kinda helped ! Doesn't look like I'll be buying it again now.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
This is an absolute disgrace, I normally buy the worthing herald to see how many of my former school friends have been arrested and to catch up on how hilariously pointless journalism can be.

Worthing has always been Albion seems like the Herald have jumped on anohter astoundingly crap idea.

Maybe we should start a boycott?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
This is an absolute disgrace, I normally buy the worthing herald to see how many of my former school friends have been arrested and to catch up on how hilariously pointless journalism can be.

Worthing has always been Albion seems like the Herald have jumped on anohter astoundingly crap idea.

Maybe we should start a boycott?

I would but then I work for them

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Worthing is hardcore Albion, the Worthing Herald has just shot itself in the foot!

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
So, are you able to give an opinion as to why the paper is promoting team from 50 miles away rather than the local one ?

Good idea I think an official response is needed.

Its probably because the editor is a pompey fan. Its really going to help getting young kids into local football when Hartys tiny column talking about our 0-0 draw at stockport whilst the portsomuth man u write up is on the next page.:rant:

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
So, are you able to give an opinion as to why the paper is promoting team from 50 miles away rather than the local one ?

My only guess is that because the Portsmouth News (The Argus equivilient if you like) is owned by the same company as the Herald they're just duplicating this in to the Worthing papers.

In my opinion however, there is no local interest in Pompy this far out of Portsmouth.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is Harty 4 weeks ago:

"By the summer of 2011, I would hope that under Bloom's chairmanship, although the Premiership big four influence won't have been totally eradicated, more youngsters in Sussex between nine and 16 will be following the Albion in numbers not seen since the halcyon days of the Goldstone."

Maybe he should have a word with the Sports Editor about The Pompey Pages. Seems a bit daft to have one columnist quite rightly extolling the virtues of supporting your local side while on the next page Portsmouth are getting bigged up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In 2 years time when Falmer is built and we're challenging at the top of the CHampionship while Pompey are scrabbling around at the bottom of the same division desperately looking to offload ex Premiership players after their own billionaire has lost interest and crowds at their hideous shed have dipped to the usual 12,381, we can all tell the Worthing Herald editor to shove his Pompey bollocks right up his own arsehole.

Bailers

Jul 6, 2003
Worthing
I would but then I work for them

I also work there, and I believe there was a problem at the printers in Portsmouth this week, which is probably why Pompey pages has got printed into the Herald.

There certainly wasn't meant to be anything about Pompey in the paper, nor will there be in the future. If anything, we're planning on doing more stuff with/about the Albion in future.

Yoda

English & European
WHAT f***ing PAGE??

I've got this weeks Herald today and can't see anything in it to do with PortSCUM.

Or is this something new from next week?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I also work there, and I believe there was a problem at the printers in Portsmouth this week, which is probably why Pompey pages has got printed into the Herald.

There certainly wasn't meant to be anything about Pompey in the paper, nor will there be in the future. If anything, we're planning on doing more stuff with/about the Albion in future.

Well, that's good to hear. Thanks or the update.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here