Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing Herald (The Pompey Pages)

D

Deleted member 2719

When I had my pub in Midhurst Portsmouth fans far outweighed the Brighton fans but not vocally as I was there and wouldnt let anybody shout me down about BHA.

This is what makes the decision not to fit in game against Worthing all the more amazing!!

Which Pub was that and when were you their BG?

I used to drink in Midhurst regularly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Which Pub was that and when were you their BG?

I used to drink in Midhurst regularly.

Silver Horse Shoes from 1995 = 2001. John Portsmouth FC Westwood used to come in the pub and stick play up Pompey stickers every where. So I had some Super Seagulls ones printed and then borrowed his minibus that he used for Pompey away matches and we stuck them in every nook and cranny of his bus, under seats in the engine behind the wheels etc.

D

Deleted member 2719

Silver Horse Shoes from 1995 = 2001. John Portsmouth FC Westwood used to come in the pub and stick play up Pompey stickers every where. So I had some Super Seagulls ones printed and then borrowed his minibus that he used for Pompey away matches and we stuck them in every nook and cranny of his bus, under seats in the engine behind the wheels etc.

Nice one.

I met mrs Mouldy in the silver horseshoes at halloween 1998 she wasn't into football then but is now an avid Albion fan.
In fact there was three Albion fans that night and just the one Pompey fan (Westwoods right had man can't remember his name but he was seeing a Midhurst girl and we were really winding him up singing Albion songs all night)

I know Midhurst well as i went to school their and never noticed many Pompey fans there back in the seventies and eighties but i know Albion out numbered the Pompey scum in Petworth until recent years.

Sorry i was an Egremont/Wheatsheaf/Angel man in my drinking days.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Brighton fans East of the counties should not ever underestimate the hatred for the Pompey Scum this side of the county
It always amazes me that our fans situated in the North and East of the county have never really accepted what the rest of us know. i.e. that Portsmouth are a f***ing twatty club. Most of their fans are proper plastic, they're nearly all plug ugly and amazingly they really do think they're MILES bigger than Southampton, Brighton and Reading when the truth is that in terms of potential, there isn't really much to choose between any of them.

Personally I hate them with a passion and always have - but this is partly because I lived in Hampshire for a while, and partly because in the mid to late 80s, we were involved in various promotion tussles with them and one FA Cup match. I also remember the 5-1 defeat at their ghastly little hovel when they kept us back in the pouring rain and told us who all their goal scorers were. And I never really accepted Alan "not sure if I can be arsed to try today" Biley, purely because he was loved at the scum.

I hate them more than Palace, I really do.

HeraldHound

Jun 30, 2009
Just an update, the Pompey Pages link has now been removed from the Herald website.

There's been Albion columns with Reidy and Whingy in the paper and on the net in the last couple of years, as well as Harty's column, and we'll be hoping to have the same, if not more Albion coverage, this season. And absolutely nothing on Portsmouth!

D

Deleted member 2719

Just an update, the Pompey Pages link has now been removed from the Herald website.

There's been Albion columns with Reidy and Whingy in the paper and on the net in the last couple of years, as well as Harty's column, and we'll be hoping to have the same, if not more Albion coverage, this season. And absolutely nothing on Portsmouth!

Well done that man glad to hear the words "nothing on Pompey" in a West Sussex paper.

Maybe you could even pump up the Publicity of Falmer etc as we get nearer completion.

:thumbsup:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Brighton fans East of the counties should not ever underestimate the hatred for the Pompey Scum this side of the county after all they are eating rapidly in to our fanbase, but i like to think we can claw a few back as long as they don't get their new stadium for the next six or seven years.
I wouldn't be too worried about that mouldy. There may have been a rise in plastic Portsmouth (I don't know), but they don't actually sell out their ground.

D

Deleted member 2719

I wouldn't be too worried about that mouldy. There may have been a rise in plastic Portsmouth (I don't know), but they don't actually sell out their ground.

Yes you probably right i think they suffered as we did when hitting capacity week after week and people gave up trying to get tickets and got out of the habit, i am pretty sure we won't be filling Falmer that often so fans should be able to get tickets easily hence no lost sales.

With my B+W specs on we will be over subscribed for Falmer week after week and need an extension come 2015.

:falmer::falmer::falmer:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Sorry - should have passed on your message.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
During my time in the Navy, being a Plymouth (Guzz) rating we always slagged off Pompey and referred to it as DSG which of course stands for Dog Sh1t City. Sums it up perfectly for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here