Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Report We’ve Ever Seen (Amy Lawrence’s 652 Word School Essay From West Ham)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Tom Hark said:
Like I say, I didn't DIRECTLY complain. I just pointed people in the direction of the quote from the match programme. And provided an email address to moan at.

That's the point!

I have no problem with Observer readers complaining about the article.

It's non-Observer readers complaining - and people encouraging them to - which is so utterly pathetic.

You started this thread a WEEK after the report was published. Not one person had mentioned it on NSC all week.

Seriously, get a life!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wozza said:
That's the point!

It's non-Observer readers complaining - and people encouraging them to - which is so utterly pathetic.

You started this thread a WEEK after the report was published. Not one person had mentioned it on NSC all week.

Seriously, get a life!

Personally I was happy to go with a score draw following your 'Sticking your nose in again' post this morning. Has to be said that made me chuckle :lol:

However, you've ignored completely my point about journalistic standards. Probably cos it's

:goal:

Really don't see how you can do anything else other than concede the point. But by all means, let's play this one into extra time ;)

Albion Rob

Tom Hark said:
Thought I already did. Oh well. Happy to quote you again.

Okaaaay. I can't really see where you're coming from here. To recap on my perspective:

I don't see why Brighton fans are spitting the dummy over the club not being mentioned in a national newspaper match report. While I would obviously have preferred us to get a mention, I think it's a bit pathetic to go emailing the paper in question and harrassing the journalist.

I'd sooner put my energies into hoping the team would put in a better showing and make it impossible for the paper not to mention us next time.

I'm sure if we had got a draw or a win in that game, Curbs' comments would have been second best.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Albion Rob said:
Okaaaay. I can't really see where you're coming from here. To recap on my perspective:

I don't see why Brighton fans are spitting the dummy over the club not being mentioned in a national newspaper match report.

Look mate, I really don't know what else to say. This was a national newspaper match report. Of six hundred words. Of a match that featured the Albion. That didn't mention the Albion once. Pointless continuing this conversation, I'd suggest.

Albion Rob

Tom Hark said:
Look mate, I really don't know what else to say. This was a national newspaper match report. Of six hundred words. Of a match that featured the Albion. That didn't mention the Albion once. Pointless continuing this conversation, I'd suggest.

Ok mate, fair enough, I accept your concession with good grace and humility.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wozza said:
I'll type slower for you...

Read this slowly...

It. Was. A. Match. Report. Unworthy. Of. The. Observer.

bigc said:
Exactly.

Surely if the club had a problem it would have been worth THEM emailing The Observer, to which they would have got a totally legitimate response.

Stuff like that makes me think the club has a seriously misguided element to it.

Perhaps they were just looking for us to slag someone else off as opposed to the team?

Did you see the piece in the match programme?

It was no more than a humorous one-paragraph aside.

Really think the match programme needs to be allowed to poke a little bit of fun now and then, and this certainly is a worthy case.

Tooting has summed up the case for the defence excellently but it's still a little bit embarrassing for the Observer, and I say this has someone who has been in exactly the same position as both Lawrence and her hard-pressed subs and probably made similar errors!

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Tom Hark said:
Of course.

LI has now pronounced it 'a little bit embarrassing for the Observer'.

Thread closed. I win.
"It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine." P.G. Wodehouse

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
"It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine." P.G. Wodehouse

Ah. Double posts. The curse of Friday lunchtime drinking. I blame the double chocolate stout :lolol:

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Tom Hark said:
Ah. Double posts. The curse of Friday lunchtime drinking. I blame the double chocolate stout :lolol:
That's three edits now and it's STILL not funny! :clap: :clap:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
That's three edits now and it's STILL not funny! :clap: :clap:

Ah. Right. Expect you'd prefer to read it in the original German.

OK, here goes:

Amperestunde. Doppelte Pfosten. Der Fluch des Freitag Mittagtrinkens. Ich tadele den doppelten Schokolade Stout

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here