Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst pub in Sussex

Gemini

Mar 3, 2006
For shite, surly staff Im struggling to find worse than the White Horse in Rottingdean.
With the surroundings & access to the beach that place could & should be a goldmine...But I suppose if you pay peanuts....:rolleyes:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
vulture said:
May tree in portslade :drink: :drink: :drink:
No longer there:nono: :nono: :nono:

Great place in my younger days but rough as f*** and a shit hole

Ever so many years ago I worked there.It was truly a great pub,and had the biggest and best cellar in town.

But the landlord made me take the toilet rolls out of the loos because he thought people were stealing them.Replaced with quartered Argus and Mirror pages,so they had some worth.

And the fruit machine mechanic would set up the machine to pay a jackpot in return for a free pint of Worthington E.

So not the worst pub at all.That was the Golden Cross on Portland Road.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Also,the Maytree was in Hove,another reason why Portslade is the worst town in Sussex.....no decent pubs,no history of decent pubs!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Bluejuice said:
The Broadway in East Grinstead, so horrible it hurts

I couldn't agree more. It will however be demolished and replaced by a "landmark" building if the council's pipedream development plans go ahead. However, unfortunately they seem to want to knock down the Ship, which is a gem of a pub.

Dandyman

In London village.
Sportsman - Withdean

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Screaming J said:
I offer the Lamb and/or Volunteer in Lewes. Both as rough as f***.

The Lamb isn't too bad these days, they've certainly cleaned their act up a bit. The Volunteer, however, remains a shithole.

The Piltdown Man about a year ago was consistently awful, but they were open all day and had a bar billiard table.

Dandyman

In London village.
Grendel said:
The Lamb isn't too bad these days, they've certainly cleaned their act up a bit. The Volunteer, however, remains a shithole.

The Piltdown Man about a year ago was consistently awful, but they were open all day and had a bar billiard table.

The Lamb is essentially a kids pub nowdays. The Volunteer is and always has been a shithole frequented by knuckledraggers.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
The Large One said:
So you've not visited the Duke of Wellington since Roy Chuter took it over about six weeks ago?

Not visited it for at least 5 years. Will put this right next time I'm in sunny Shoreham. Notice you didn't argue with my assessment of the other 9 or 10!

:drink:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
BarrelofFun said:
The Providence - Western Road, formerly The Litten Tree. :nono:

Oooowwww, that is an awful, awful pub, frequented twice but never, ever again. They were advertising an open mike comedy night, imagine doing stand up there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here