Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst pub in Sussex

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Gemini said:
For shite, surly staff Im struggling to find worse than the White Horse in Rottingdean.
With the surroundings & access to the beach that place could & should be a goldmine...But I suppose if you pay peanuts

And it has been like that for decades. Good call.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
vulture said:
May tree in portslade :drink: :drink: :drink:
No longer there:nono: :nono: :nono:

Great place in my younger days but rough as f*** and a shit hole
i loved that pub,what years did you used to drink in their???

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
ha ha the above ,that is a bad un,merry monk or the farmers in lancing are pretty bad,infact only last week all the windows were done in.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Locky said:
He has asked me to put a Bar Billiard table in ....and has chucked the pool table out.

TOP BLOKE !! SEAGULLS FAN !! :clap: :clap:
so malcolm has finaly sold up eh,shuts for ages i seem to remember

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
empire said:
so malcolm has finaly sold up eh,shuts for ages i seem to remember

The boys were running it pretty much in the end, the closed it for over a year to renovate - when they reopened they only did Wes, Fri and Sat nights and finally sold it Christmas time ish...

Its different now, I'm still not sure about it - but the boys like the ale and it seems to have brought a few oldies out of the woodworks...

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The Grand Central by the station. Used to be quality when it was Finnegan's Wake - my teenage drinking haunt.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
tedebear said:
The boys were running it pretty much in the end, the closed it for over a year to renovate - when they reopened they only did Wes, Fri and Sat nights and finally sold it Christmas time ish...

Its different now, I'm still not sure about it - but the boys like the ale and it seems to have brought a few oldies out of the woodworks...
thanks for the info,as i havent seen him for ages

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Albion in Fishersgate. Stuffed to the rafters with slack-jawed, foul mouthed, chain smoking single mums and their reptilian offspring in buggies, along with a depressing array of spotty, baseball-capped tracksuited chavs bickering over the pool table and trying to act hard.

The toilets have to be seen to be believed. I went for a piss there once and the trough was quite literally a river of piss, as someone had seen fit to clog the drain up with bogroll. Not wanting to be covered in "splashback", I ventured towards the toilet cubicle, only to see the seat was thickly smeared in excrement.

Dreadful place. Thank GOD for the Kings Head.

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
tedebear said:

Totally renovated inside but needs work outside................do that and it could be quite a nice pub.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Easy 10 said:
The Albion in Fishersgate. Stuffed to the rafters with slack-jawed, foul mouthed, chain smoking single mums and their reptilian offspring in buggies, along with a depressing array of spotty, baseball-capped tracksuited chavs bickering over the pool table and trying to act hard.

The toilets have to be seen to be believed. I went for a piss there once and the trough was quite literally a river of piss, as someone had seen fit to clog the drain up with bogroll. Not wanting to be covered in "splashback", I ventured towards the toilet cubicle, only to see the seat was thickly smeared in excrement.

Dreadful place. Thank GOD for the Kings Head.

I used to go to school with the landlords son.

I know relevance!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perry Milkins said:
I used to go to school with the landlords son.

I know relevance!!!
You should ask his dad to sort it AHHHT then.

As a great man once said. "You will never see a more wretched hive of scum and villainy".

Last edited:

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
empire said:
ha ha the above ,that is a bad un,merry monk or the farmers in lancing are pretty bad,infact only last week all the windows were done in.

Seconded i grew up in Lancing those two pubs have always been shit holes!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here