Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst/Most hated player you've ever seen at the Albion?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I've never bought in to the genuine hatred for Scotty, pantomime villain yes, always plays well against us, and as has been discussed many times before, set up by Carl Griffiths to take 100% of the rap in the match at the Goldstone, although Griffiths was just (if not more) culpable.

Ashley Neal and Willie Young for me.

I can still remember the 1-5 at Fratton Park, with Young with his right arm permanently raised for non-existent offsides because he was too fat and slow to run.

Well I still remember the "wanker" sign he gave the North Stand. and we didn't like the "six shooter" thing with his fingers. and we didn't like the goal he had just scored, 15 seconds after we had scored...........

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dickinson actually worked quite hard ON the pitch. This is something that could never be said about my least favourite - Mr Colin Kazim Richards.

Disagree. Dickinson REFUSED to jump for headers.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Slightly off beam, but most hated player seen at the Goldstone must be Henry Hughton for that excuse of a tackle at Selhurst that ended Gerry Ryan's career. For the return game at the Goldstone I have never seen a player more frightened of either the crowd or the opposing players. Wouldn't come anywhere near the touchline, and never took a second touch on the ball. Seem to recall that the crowd reaction never let up for the whole game whenever he was close to any action.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
David Cameron anyone?

No, not that pillock that's trying to run the country.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Lee Steele and Leon knight had the mispleasure of meeting both of those jumped up pricks:tosser::tosser::tosser:

Best Foot Forward

Apr 29, 2008
Burgess Hill
On a happier note I just loved Eric Potts and of course the inimitable Frank Worthington - Gary Stevens on his debut shone like a star even then - Lawro as a player not the sardonic idiot he is now on the BBC - no greater joy and anticipation of going to Withdean to watch Bobby Zamora and always thinking he'd score and we were invincible.

can't disagree with any of that

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I din't think I've ever actually disliked any Albion player. Robbie Savage was possibly the neareast though.

Livermore and Kitson were probably the 2 most disapointing players for me. Massively high hopes for both of them when they signed yet both really disapointed with performance and fitness respectively.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
The name says it all..........although Lloydy did sign some shite (hands tied financially excuse accepted).....Geoff Cooper, left back. Cack. Grant Horscroft, centre back. Cack. Mick Trusson. Midfield. Shit. Dean (legend) Wilkins (season 86/87) could not do anything right - but turned out a classy lefty.......any how, back to the cack.....Tllts, obviously.....Darren Hughes (us supporters coughed up £40k through a fund for him).....cack.....Dale Jasper....cack.....Crumps? Was shocking, but I kinda licked him anyhow......and was a better right back than winger......Gary Rowell....Sunderlands big player.....cack(dodgy knees excuse accepted).....

Jeez there have been some shockers.....

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I'd plump for either Valur Gislasson or Michael Mahoney-Johnson as the worst players - they have to be, we were so utterly rubbish then and they brought the level down even further. As for disappointing players - Jason Peake has to be up there, we paid a lot of cash for him at a time when we were skint and he was simply crap.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Les Briley should be added to any list....wtf was that all about. Of the current players, RH really pisses me off....I'd run through walls for £8k a week :nono:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Most hated recently were Wayne Henderson and The Hawk. Harley ought to be making a late run for the job, but contributes too little to be noticed enough!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Nicky bissett, mick ferguson, derek allan, nicky rust, martin lambert..........................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here