Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst/Most hated player you've ever seen at the Albion?

AlanGordonPartridge

Jan 2, 2012
After hearing of Liam Dickinson's recent departure from Southend United it made me wonder who was disliked or failed to impress the most at the Albion over the years. Mine would have to be 'Dicko', he was lazy, had a bad attitude and I've never seen a player more booed and abused at the Withdean (been coming since 2003). What do you think? ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dickinson actually worked quite hard ON the pitch. This is something that could never be said about my least favourite - Mr Colin Kazim Richards.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Mark Farrington, Murray was a twat for first two years IMO and didnt mind Dickenson he looked interested when on the pitch

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are they not 2 different things.

Disliking is a fair bit different to, failing to impress.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Scott McGleish ???

edit: do you mean playing for the Albion?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Micky Bennett.

Worked hard, but was absolute SHITHOUSE. Couldn't kick a ball in a straight line.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Most disliked was Wayne Henderson, most disappointing was CKR mainly because of the fanfare in which he was signed, although Harley has been disappointing bearing in mind the fuss we made trying to sign him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
WORST is hard. I'm going to plump for WILLIE YOUNG.

Most DISSAPOINTING was David Livermore.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Worst has to be Ashley Neal.

Most hated....tricky one, players don't tend to be hated when they are still playing for us. Marcus Painter gets allot of un-warrented stick at the moment as does Barnes. Harley, probably deserved. But for me it would be either Zesh Rayman or That blonde twat Savage. Both loanees, neither wanted to play for us (Rayman had a corker of a debut as well) and both did f*** all. For a perm probably Mark Walton.....he was useless! I remember a game at Southend and he'd just made another massive blunder, the bloke behind me came out with the immortal line of "Walton, you are about as much use as a bag of nine irons".

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Mickey Thomas; a mercenary who came in a blaze of glory and fleeced us for all he could, whilst giving us nothing. The same could also apply to a lesser degree to Barry Bridges. The award for the most blatant couldn't-give-a-shit performance in recent years goes to CKR at Rotherham.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Graeme Smith is a pretty decent shout, to be fair.

I'm not convinced he was actually made of solid matter.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Mickey Thomas; a mercenary who came in a blaze of glory and fleeced us for all he could, whilst giving us nothing. The same could also apply to a lesser degree to Barry Bridges. The award for the most blatant couldn't-give-a-shit performance in recent years goes to CKR at Rotherham.

Micky Thomas for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here