Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst food you've ever eaten.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Another vote for tripe for me - although I wasn't a big meat fan even before I became a veggie so that's not really surprising. In fact, I should vote for the chicken curry at the Shimla in Bradford as it was the food poisoning from there that made me finally give up meat.

I love goat cheese and Roquefort though: people don't know what they're missing (and until I gave up fish too, I loved oysters).

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Surely the correct answer is school semolina. Especially the pink version with the dollop of jam in the middle.

semolina was a highlight of my school dinners :laugh:

can't stand cauliflower sprouts or parsnips - just the briefest taste and i'm throwing up

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Oysters, had them in a training dinner in holland, had 2 ran off to my hotel room, and sick in the toilet about 5 times. f***ing disgusting

that is the only thing i would never eat again. swallowing snot in sea water.... is the closest i could get to describing it....

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Liver.

On one of my first days at Knoll Infants School in Hangleton, I remember being told that I had to eat the liver dinner.
I decided to sneak out without eating it, but was hauled back at the end of lunchtime by the head dinnerlady and was made to sit there and eat the now cold liver.
I said that I'd probably be sick if I did, but my protests fell on deaf ears as she stood there and watched me eat it. I was permitted to drink copious amounts of water to try and mask the taste.

Just at the point that I was getting up from the table, the swallowed liver and water brown sludge mixture made a second and not altogether unexpected volcanic projectile re-appearance all over the table and started to drip onto the newly-washed floor.

Happily, I wasn't asked to clean it up as I "had been a good boy and told the truth".

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
hmmmm....well my stepdad is a pro-cheeseeater, in that he will go after all the french stuff that reason tells you is beyond all eating....tried one once (can't remember the name) all i can do is try to conceptulise the flavour....it involves a lot of meat being left out in the open for a couple of months with a healthy audience of flies and possibly snakes.

Only thing worse is Quorn.

Last edited:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
On a canal boat holiday one of our party had brought a whole, de-boned chicken in a tin. Somewhere near Skipton it was decided that this might make the basis of a nice risotto. From the moment that it slid, in a horridly slooshy, foetal manner onto the chopping board we realised that this had the potential of a truly terrible culinary mistake. We were not disappointed.

Roquefort cheese is a more recent horror for me. It manages to combine "cadaver" and "rancid socks" in one single, vile, taste.

reminded me of something I saw before, although not de-boned.

A WHOLE chicken in a CAN

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bought one of those satay kits the other day. Now I can cook, having had 4 pubs and done my far share of chefing in the kitchen (over 200 meals in a session etc) I thought OK couldnt be bothered to do it all myself, buy a kit. I'm still getting the taste of burnt peanuts now, 2 days on. It simply said after cooking everything else place the sachet of peanut sauce in microwave for 2 mins. Having a powerful microwave I put it in for 1.3 mins but it tasted like shite. Some £10 of meat f**ked . Warning don't buy!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here