Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst food you've ever eaten.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Definitely the squid and chips I ordered in Cuba. The squid was barely cooked, whole and, well, very translucent and squid looking. It looked like the chef had fished out the harbour the minute before.

The chips were okay though.

LC rememeber this? I think it was in the Valencia.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Roquefort cheese is a more recent horror for me. It manages to combine "cadaver" and "rancid socks" in one single, vile, taste.

What? This is the best cheese in the world. FACT!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Anything on the menu they served me at the Princess Royal Hospital for the week I was there a few years ago.

Food isn't up to much at the Royal Sussex either. Having come round to discover they had entered my stomach into some sort of "biggest operation scar in the world" competition, I was told I was on a "light diet". Which was interpreted as a Cornish pasty that had clearly done several rounds, two large scoops of Smash and a lake of (cheapo brand) beans. Not surprisingly it went untouched and the only "light" part of things was me when I left hospital.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
Andouillette - affectionately known as 'shit pipe sausage'. Basically a sausage made of pigs lower intestine with a tripe filling. Trouble is it still whiffs strongly of shit - even though it's been thoroughly cleaned.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Sea urchin in Thailand, it was just a small sliver of something brown that looked like cod roe...yet it tasted absolutely vile, not much return when you consider the size of the urchin and effort in harvesting the bloody things, but to the Thais it is a delicacy.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
The school bully's bogies...

not really, doesn't count cos it's not food nor is it true.
I did get flobbed at though and some got in my mouth, I felt utterly sickened but wasn't sick.

Oh and my son puked up in my mouth once (posseting) that was food when it went in his mouth but I'm not sure whether it counts when regugitated.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I once saw a prog on the telly which showed a "great delicacy" in Korea or nearby. This was a variety of seaweed collected from the shore which is then put in to earthenware jars and sealed then buried for a few years. The stuff is dug up in sequence and then the now rotten seaweed is devoured with great gusto !.. yuk !

On a personal note, I saw REM at the Rosebowl last year and tried the " Fish and Chips " from a van there.. absolutely dire I had one bite of the fish and tried to eat the chips but it was utterly inedible and I threw it all straight in to the bin..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here