Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Biltong.

Inedible.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
When I was a young lad I, like most of the population of sussex, worked for Amex at the Preston Road offices. They had a brilliant canteen and one day there was some main dish that had fried egg with it. I noticed that the egg had a black cross of some pasty stuff but I had it anyway. Turned out to be my first and last taste of anchovy and was the first time that I spat my food out in public.

The only other thing that repulsed me as bad was a malaysian sweet that a girl who was working for me brought back from a visit home. It was some kind of fruit flavour but it was truly awful. I kept it in the side of my mouth for a few minutes and then made an excuse that I had to go and do some copying or something. Apparently this fruit smells like shit but tastes lovely.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Haggis. From the people who bought you the deep fried Mars Bar.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I was watching some kids programme, horrible history I think, that said haggis was in fact an English creation.

Yes. Watched the same prog.:blush: But the sweatys are always claiming it. they are welcome. Same for the deep fried mars bar Tay.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
In terms of "Worst Food" the prize has to go to a double cheeseburger I had from Grubbs a while back...I nearly puked and poo'ed myself to death after it.

I could still taste the fucker days later every time I spewed..gross.

In terms of the most unappetising food ever..that has to be sheeps (or is it rams) bollocks in Morocco...but they were pretty lush once you got over the revulsion.

Which branch of Grubbs was that?
I think you were unlucky, they've always been good in my experience.
I used to prefer Grubbs but nowadays it's Uncle Sam's everytime.
Off for one this lunchtime "Our Biggest Burger"

The pancake rolls in my local chinese have been awful recently took one bite out of one and it whiffed of a used johnny after it's been resting in the waste paper basket all night. Gave them another chance a month later with similar results. I don't go there any more.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I would say Jellied Eels. They tasted how i'd imagine cheap cat food would taste but neither of our ravenous cats would touch it

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I've never eaten it and having seen a market stall selling both white and black tripe I cannot think why anybody would. It stinks but apparently it's very good for dogs.

It was my parents showing some of the things they ate as children. We also had Brawn (sheeps brains). The tripe was in milk I think.

Parents - do not make your children eat what you ate when you were younger. For example Smash.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
On a canal boat holiday one of our party had brought a whole, de-boned chicken in a tin. Somewhere near Skipton it was decided that this might make the basis of a nice risotto. From the moment that it slid, in a horridly slooshy, foetal manner onto the chopping board we realised that this had the potential of a truly terrible culinary mistake. We were not disappointed.

Roquefort cheese is a more recent horror for me. It manages to combine "cadaver" and "rancid socks" in one single, vile, taste.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Which branch of Grubbs was that?
I think you were unlucky, they've always been good in my experience.
I used to prefer Grubbs but nowadays it's Uncle Sam's everytime.
Off for one this lunchtime "Our Biggest Burger"

The pancake rolls in my local chinese have been awful recently took one bite out of one and it whiffed of a used johnny after it's been resting in the waste paper basket all night. Gave them another chance a month later with similar results. I don't go there any more.

Grubbs on London Road is f***ing TERRIBLE. Made a big mistake once buying some sort of burger on the way back after a heavy night drinking, and hours of vomiting and diarrhea ensued.

My vote would go for liver paste - Leverpostei, really popular in Scandinavia mainly Danmark on bread and meat. And it's utter shit.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
oyster - tasted and felt like salty snot going down your throat!

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
When I was a young lad I, like most of the population of sussex, worked for Amex at the Preston Road offices. They had a brilliant canteen and one day there was some main dish that had fried egg with it. I noticed that the egg had a black cross of some pasty stuff but I had it anyway. Turned out to be my first and last taste of anchovy and was the first time that I spat my food out in public.

The only other thing that repulsed me as bad was a malaysian sweet that a girl who was working for me brought back from a visit home. It was some kind of fruit flavour but it was truly awful. I kept it in the side of my mouth for a few minutes and then made an excuse that I had to go and do some copying or something. Apparently this fruit smells like shit but tastes lovely.

Could've been durian, the 'king of fruits' which I've had out there - banned from hotels, public transport, etc

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Oysters, had them in a training dinner in holland, had 2 ran off to my hotel room, and sick in the toilet about 5 times. f***ing disgusting

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
In West Malaysia, I spotted a restaurant with an English menu in the window which included Chicken Porridge.

Later that day I got a local to order me lunch and received porridge with salted bolied duck egg.

If my memory serves me well the recipe for Malaysian Porridge is as follows;

Take on large rice pan with a thick layer of rice stuck to the bottom and soak overnight in plenty of water. Next day warm gently and serve rice in said water.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Cous Cous ( or how ever you spell it ! ) - might as well have a mouthful of sawdust !

scooter1

How soon is now?
Anything on the menu they served me at the Princess Royal Hospital for the week I was there a few years ago.

One poor guy on my ward ordered a hamburger, and because he hadn't ticked the box for a bun he just got a beefburger on a plate, under a tin cover.
All our spirits were raised when somebodys wife offered to go to MacDonanlds and get a load of meals in. Its the first time i've seen so many happy faces as a MacDonalds is offered up..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here