Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst ever Brighton Manager

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
99% of you would be too young to remember the worst manager we had and that was a guy called George Curtis. He had us as good as relegated by New Years Day.
He got us relegated twice in two season's down from Div2 to Div4

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
hinshelwood's record was dire, but remember that he didn't have a fit zamora at his disposal for much of his reign, and he was so vital to our team

he also had a team that was a bit out of it's depth after two successive promotions (the likes of watson and oatway clearly weren't division 1 players)

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
hinshelwood's record was dire, but remember that he didn't have a fit zamora at his disposal for much of his reign, and he was so vital to our team

he also had a team that was a bit out of it's depth after two successive promotions (the likes of watson and oatway clearly weren't division 1 players)

Exactly. I think we'd have struggled, possibly even lost 10 in a row (the last 2 of the 12 were under Coppell) with anyone in charge at that point in time.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Jeff Wood. Should never have been given the job in the first place

Second that. What was it? Won the first game, drew the 2nd, then lost the next 7 or something? I remember each game being more hopeless than the last.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It's a surprisingly short list really. I would discount Barry lloyd as just unpopular rather than bad and Adams' second spell because it was mitigated by his first (QED - he was not a bad manager as he has again proved at Port Vale.

George Curtis was truly awful in the very early sixties - the first manager I really remember, there was great rejoicing when he was replaced by Archie Macauley (not our best or most successful manager but my personal favourite). I think Curtis probably gets my vote ahead of Hinshelwood and Wood and also Jimmy Case (my dishonourable runner-up only because he had longer than the other two to prove how bad he was).

*from memory we were only actually relegated once under Curtis as he was replaced by Macauley with us already doomed to the second relegation but not technically down. Could be wrong though - the problem with him was incredibly negative tactics so we not only lost games but were awful to watch. Thankfully perhaps, I was living in London and only saw games in the school holidays

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
has anyone added up what he spent:facepalm: around 800k i think:tosser:

Well when it comes to being a wanker how much did he bring in sales ? What a tosser you are. He may not have been our best but he was long way from being the worst. He got us a promotion as well as the play off final but I guess you're too young to know, you're certainly immature.

Well when it comes to being a wanker how much did he bring in sales ? What a tosser you are. He may not have been our best but he was long way from being the worst. He got us a promotion as well as the play off final but I guess you're too young to know, you're certainly immature.

easy to sell the family silver,60k fo saunders! genius,worst manager also based on stuff behind closed doors???

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
It has to be Curtis, which other manager got us relegated in consecutive seasons?

Before my time, but hard to argue with that! Surely the winner? (aka "loser")

sorry mate just an opinion,immature? more than lightly,tosser? when ever i get the oppo:p

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
easy to sell the family silver,60k fo saunders! genius,worst manager also based on stuff behind closed doors???

That just shows how much you actually know, the club were forced to sell Saunders for whatever they could get by Barclays Bank. Thanks for confirming what I thought, you are utterly clueless :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here