Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst ever Brighton Manager

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Sadly has to be Jimmy Case for me. Tough and unique situation but he spent money and would have taken us down twice had he remained.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You missed the very worst, Hinshelwood, 12 losses on the bounce was it?

Hinsh yes but Jimmy Case would come a close second. Jeff Wood wasn't around log enough to qualify. However Alan Mullery in his second stint and Micky Adams the same would be worth considering.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
General all round Villain and considering what he took over , it has to be Barry Lloyd

Er hem. Barry Lloyd got us promoted and nearly into the top flight. You need to also remember what was going on at board level with him as well.

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
Would of said Hinshelwood if it wasnt for that great gamne at Burnley. but my vote has to go with Micky Adams II. That away defeat at Luton in the JPT was simply embarrassing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mickey Adams part 2. Completely dismantled a promising young side and made baffling decision after baffling decision.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Micky Adams Mk II - team selections/positions seemed to be done with a pin and a blindfold.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Would of said Hinshelwood if it wasnt for that great gamne at Burnley. but my vote has to go with Micky Adams II. That away defeat at Luton in the JPT was simply embarrassing.

My thoughts exactly with regards to Hinsh. That Burnley away day was superb, but I would have to go for Jeff Wood, for pure out of depthedness.

It just has to be Micky Adams MK II simply for the sheer, utter, horrendous, relentless depression that engulfed the Withdean stadium for months on end. Everything from the minor, irrelevant stuff like the £5 fine for boots in the "clubhouse", to the simply shocking team selections that just beggared belief such as this midfield V Cheltenham,

VIRGO!!!...... El-Abd..........Cox.........Fraser

Not to mention he signed perhaps the most ineffectual players ever like Jarret, Livermore, Fleetwood yet once upon a time had a midfield at his disposal of:

Anyinsah........Thornton.........Savage........Johnson

.... and he still managed to lose, resorting to the tactic of " And Sullivan takes the goal kick long towards Mcleod and guess what, it's gone out of play and over the top of his f***ing head again!!!"

Oh and Colin Hawkins.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Who was the manager around 1972, when we got promoted to the old Div 2, and lost about 12 on the trot?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Jeff Wood - of course - as good a manager as Paul Wood was a winger
Paul Wood was a better winger than Jeff Wood was a manager
In my time it would have to be in no particular order

Jimmy Case - great player , crap manager. Bottom of league when Gritt took over.
Hinshelwood - says it all really
Wilkins - Achieved nought :fishing:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
the simply shocking team selections that just beggared belief such as this midfield V Cheltenham,

VIRGO!!!...... El-Abd..........Cox.........Fraser

Is that GENUINELY how they lined up (ie Fraser on the left wing)?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Love Jimmy as a player but as a manager it is hard to find anyone worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here