Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst display by an Albion team for a long time.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
So let me get this right... Our players are shit but if we had Glen Murray in the team those same shit players would be in the top four? Ok.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Entertaining game, improved performance, good atmosphere, record crowd, the majority of possession, no panicky hoofing, a narrow loss against one of the favourites for promotion. Yep, I'm despondent.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Dear NSC

I do apologise for posting an opinion on here. I mistakenly thought that was what the Board was about. In future I will post a draft of my thoughts and get approval from NSC before the actual post. I do hope that will meet with your approval.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
So that performace was worse than when we couldn't beat 9 men a few years ago? Or when we were playing in the Mid 90's?

Get a grip man! We've just played West Ham off the park, we just didn't have that little bit extra quality for the final ball. This is a work in progress and Gus is well aware of what's required.

We'll be fine this season.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Dear NSC

I do apologise for posting an opinion on here. I mistakenly thought that was what the Board was about. In future I will post a draft of my thoughts and get approval from NSC before the actual post. I do hope that will meet with your approval.

That's a cracking idea! because your original post was pretty pathetic IMHO

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Dear NSC

Post what you like. But if you comment on a game that has taken place in your head rather than on the pitch, you can expect some 'feedback'.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Post what you like. But if you comment on a game that has taken place in your head rather than on the pitch, you can expect some 'feedback'.

I certainly expected some feedback. I believe that is what a Board like NSC is all about.

As for the game I watched being in my head, I think you will see at least a couple of posts on here agreeing with me.

Might just watch the game on the telebox tonight (I had promised myself I wouldn't) for a reality check. I really want to see how many really bad and stupid misplaced passes we made. Not sure I'll be able to count that high though!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dear NSC

Oh don't be so precious, there's nothing wrong in posting an opinion, as you say it's what the board's about. However you must accept that other people too have opinions, and in this instance they've differed from yours. That's why most of the posts on here have disagreed with you; it's nothing personal so don't get the hump.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
West Ham were there for the taking. They really were not very good.

But apart from a few brief periods of the game, we were just awful.

Our passing was absolutely pathetic. Never seen so many stray balls. Most of the team seemed to have forgotten that we were the guys playing in blue and white stripes. Even Reyes got into the act.

Bridcutt! Less said the better. Once he's gifted them their goal his performance went rapidly downhill. Worst display by far from him. Painful, as he is such a key part of the team. IMHO Gus should have substituted him at half time.

CMS cannot play the loan striker role. He is useless at challenging for high balls. Why the hell don't we play two up front, at least at home? What is the point of playing Barnes or Hoskins (who are both strikers)on the wing?

No passion or commitment from most of the players for most of the game.

Controversial, I know, but I am fast losing faith in Gus. We are playing the wrong kind of game for this league. Our tippy tappy football gets us absolutely nowhere .... and very slowly at that. We must speed up our game and mix up our style of play so that we stop being so damn predictable. And as far as I am concerned he must take much of the blame for letting Murray go. With him still in the team we would be in the top four.

And from a personal point of view I am feeling less and less connected to the team. Apart from Noone, where are the "characters"? Maybe sitting up in the gods in WSU keeps you too far away from the action, but I really miss players like Charlie, Chippy, FDM, OGH and others who may not have been the most talented players to ever grace an Albion shirt, but at least you knew they were giving 100% all of the time.

Unusually for me, I am feeling very depressed about our chances for the season. Without a massive improvement in a number of areas we will surely struggle.

Mega moan now over.

You might change your mind if you watched the game

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Entertaining game, improved performance, good atmosphere, record crowd, the majority of possession, no panicky hoofing, a narrow loss against one of the favourites for promotion. Yep, I'm despondent.

this, this, and this.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Dear NSC

Don't apologise. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Unfortunately, the opinion you expressed is one of the stupidest opinions ever offered on any message board ever on any subject in the history of the universe ever including before the internet was even invented.

You're not a bad person though, just hopelessly misguided. Sit down, look at the possession statistics, look at the corners tally and shots on goal tally. Watch a recording of the game on Sky Plus if you have it.

And if you still think that was one of the "worst performances in a long time" then you are officially a moron. For now, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.....

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Dear NSC

You have every right to post your opinions.

Just as everyone else has the absolute right to call you a f***ing idiot for expressing those opinions.

If you can't take it, then leave the board.

Simple.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Don't apologise. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Unfortunately, the opinion you expressed is one of the stupidest opinions ever offered on any message board ever on any subject in the history of the universe ever including before the internet was even invented.

You're not a bad person though, just hopelessly misguided. Sit down, look at the possession statistics, look at the corners tally and shots on goal tally. Watch a recording of the game on Sky Plus if you have it.

And if you still think that was one of the "worst performances in a long time" then you are officially a moron. For now, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.....
Genuine LOL! Beautifully put!

(Sorry goldstone, just expressing an opinion)

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I certainly expected some feedback. I believe that is what a Board like NSC is all about.

As for the game I watched being in my head, I think you will see at least a couple of posts on here agreeing with me.

Might just watch the game on the telebox tonight (I had promised myself I wouldn't) for a reality check. I really want to see how many really bad and stupid misplaced passes we made. Not sure I'll be able to count that high though!

Riiight. So we had 62% possession (check BBC) but kept giving the ball away? Please explain that one to me buddy. I await your response.....

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Riiight. So we had 62% possession (check BBC) but kept giving the ball away? Please explain that one to me buddy. I await your response.....

Please explain what the point is of 62% possession when we lose the game? Personally I'd rather have 30% possession and a victory. Sorry if you disagree.

Passing the ball around between our defenders and making no forward progress up the pitch can become rather pointless, particularly when we are one nil down with ten minutes to play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here