Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst display by an Albion team for a long time.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
West Ham were there for the taking. They really were not very good.

But apart from a few brief periods of the game, we were just awful.

Our passing was absolutely pathetic. Never seen so many stray balls. Most of the team seemed to have forgotten that we were the guys playing in blue and white stripes. Even Reyes got into the act.

Bridcutt! Less said the better. Once he's gifted them their goal his performance went rapidly downhill. Worst display by far from him. Painful, as he is such a key part of the team. IMHO Gus should have substituted him at half time.

CMS cannot play the loan striker role. He is useless at challenging for high balls. Why the hell don't we play two up front, at least at home? What is the point of playing Barnes or Hoskins (who are both strikers)on the wing?

No passion or commitment from most of the players for most of the game.

Controversial, I know, but I am fast losing faith in Gus. We are playing the wrong kind of game for this league. Our tippy tappy football gets us absolutely nowhere .... and very slowly at that. We must speed up our game and mix up our style of play so that we stop being so damn predictable. And as far as I am concerned he must take much of the blame for letting Murray go. With him still in the team we would be in the top four.

And from a personal point of view I am feeling less and less connected to the team. Apart from Noone, where are the "characters"? Maybe sitting up in the gods in WSU keeps you too far away from the action, but I really miss players like Charlie, Chippy, FDM, OGH and others who may not have been the most talented players to ever grace an Albion shirt, but at least you knew they were giving 100% all of the time.

Unusually for me, I am feeling very depressed about our chances for the season. Without a massive improvement in a number of areas we will surely struggle.

Mega moan now over.

Well that's 2 minutes of my life wasted. Ridiculous rant, almost all bullshit. You must've been watching a different game to everyone else. Either that or on a windup

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Op must be a wind up.....surely?

Regretably not I think, just a very misguided idividual who obviously has little or no knowledge of Football. Maybe the OP should consider a different sport.... Tiddly winks perhaps?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
west ham were there for the taking. They really were not very good.

Our passing was absolutely pathetic. Never seen so many stray balls. Most of the team seemed to have forgotten that we were the guys playing in blue and white stripes. Even reyes got into the act.

Bridcutt! Less said the better. Once he's gifted them their goal his performance went rapidly downhill. Worst display by far from him. Painful, as he is such a key part of the team. Imho gus should have substituted him at half time.

Cms cannot play the loan striker role. He is useless at challenging for high balls. Why the hell don't we play two up front, at least at home? What is the point of playing barnes or hoskins (who are both strikers)on the wing?

Controversial, i know, but i am fast losing faith in gus. We are playing the wrong kind of game for this league. Our tippy tappy football gets us absolutely nowhere .... And very slowly at that. We must speed up our game and mix up our style of play so that we stop being so damn predictable. And as far as i am concerned he must take much of the blame for letting murray go. With him still in the team we would be in the top four.

And from a personal point of view i am feeling less and less connected to the team. Apart from noone, where are the "characters"? Maybe sitting up in the gods in wsu keeps you too far away from the action, but i really miss players like charlie, chippy, fdm, ogh and others who may not have been the most talented players to ever grace an albion shirt, but at least you knew they were giving 100% all of the time.

Unusually for me, i am feeling very depressed about our chances for the season. Without a massive improvement in a number of areas we will surely struggle.

Mega moan now over.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!! Complete bunkum now theres an old sussex word !! Mate your a total div with no idea about football

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Pleb. We played well, just couldn't create an opening.

You ARE joking.

We were second best in every department.

We must be more adventurous at home. Please can we STOP playing CMS as a lone striker

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Please explain what the point is of 62% possession when we lose the game? Personally I'd rather have 30% possession and a victory. Sorry if you disagree.

Passing the ball around between our defenders and making no forward progress up the pitch can become rather pointless, particularly when we are one nil down with ten minutes to play.

So despite the fact that we had 12 shots on goal (4 on target, 8 off) to their 7 (3 on, 4 off) and had 11 corners to their 2 we made no forward progress up the pitch? All we lacked last night was the final ball to unlock a resolute West Ham team who were there for a 1-0 win, had we been able to find that ball we'd have won the game.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You ARE joking.

We were second best in every department.

We must be more adventurous at home. Please can we STOP playing CMS as a lone striker
I disagree, apart from the CMS lone striker part. He was taking shots out of pure frustration last night, I think Vicente would of been the difference last night!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
west ham were there for the taking. They really were not very good.

Our passing was absolutely pathetic. Never seen so many stray balls. Most of the team seemed to have forgotten that we were the guys playing in blue and white stripes. Even reyes got into the act.

Bridcutt! Less said the better. Once he's gifted them their goal his performance went rapidly downhill. Worst display by far from him. Painful, as he is such a key part of the team. Imho gus should have substituted him at half time.

Cms cannot play the loan striker role. He is useless at challenging for high balls. Why the hell don't we play two up front, at least at home? What is the point of playing barnes or hoskins (who are both strikers)on the wing?

Controversial, i know, but i am fast losing faith in gus. We are playing the wrong kind of game for this league. Our tippy tappy football gets us absolutely nowhere .... And very slowly at that. We must speed up our game and mix up our style of play so that we stop being so damn predictable. And as far as i am concerned he must take much of the blame for letting murray go. With him still in the team we would be in the top four.

And from a personal point of view i am feeling less and less connected to the team. Apart from noone, where are the "characters"? Maybe sitting up in the gods in wsu keeps you too far away from the action, but i really miss players like charlie, chippy, fdm, ogh and others who may not have been the most talented players to ever grace an albion shirt, but at least you knew they were giving 100% all of the time.

Unusually for me, i am feeling very depressed about our chances for the season. Without a massive improvement in a number of areas we will surely struggle.

Mega moan now over.

cock.

I certainly expected some feedback. I believe that is what a Board like NSC is all about.

As for the game I watched being in my head, I think you will see at least a couple of posts on here agreeing with me.

Might just watch the game on the telebox tonight (I had promised myself I wouldn't) for a reality check. I really want to see how many really bad and stupid misplaced passes we made. Not sure I'll be able to count that high though!

Just by way of interest what is the highest number you can count too - is it double figures?.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ i was getting angry and frustrated watching that,why o why are we so so slow getting forward?CMS is not being utilised properly and our midfield of sparrow,dicker and harley is total dross,we need creative midfielders not defensive clueless midfielders.

Its time we learn't to shoot,take corners and free kicks.I still beieve the midfield is dire and we are a charity club as we gift other clubs goals all the time.

Think we will finish between 14th and 20th this season:)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't agree with OP but nor do I agree that was our best performance of the campaign. In saying that I think we are so close to being bloody brilliant. Allardyce brought his team down to stifle us and he did that perfectly but if we had found someone to sit behind our front 2 (well what should have been) and pick up the ball from Bridcutt/Dicker and show some creativity we could have taken it down.

Putting Reyes into MF (alongside/in front of Bridcutt) may be the answer - he showed some very nice touches and looked full of confidence. I really do believe if Gus can tweak it just a little we're there. I'm no tactician but the way we play I'd like to see a formation and personnel something like

Harper
Calderon --- Greer --- Dunk --- Painter
Reyes --- Bridcutt
Vicente ----------------- Noone
Barnes/Hoskins ---CMS

Not sure how sensible that is but just feels like it gives us a few more options

Only thing on players is I think we might need someone a bit more "threatening" up with CMS

Regardless I reckon we're about there ... results will come

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Bit harsh on the OP.

I do believe in the football Gus wants to play.

At the moment unfortunately (at this level), we don't have enough players who can pass the ball accurately and with speed. I,m certain Gus wil solve this problem given time.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Worst op I've seen on NSC so far and considering some of the palarse wum's were in the running that's really saying something.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Putting Reyes into MF (alongside/in front of Bridcutt) may be the answer - he showed some very nice touches and looked full of confidence. I really do believe if Gus can tweak it just a little we're there. I'm no tactician but the way we play I'd like to see a formation and personnel something like

Harper
Calderon --- Greer --- Dunk --- Painter
Reyes --- Bridcutt
Vicente ----------------- Noone
Barnes/Hoskins ---CMS

Not sure how sensible that is but just feels like it gives us a few more options

Only thing on players is I think we might need someone a bit more "threatening" up with CMS

Regardless I reckon we're about there ... results will come

Putting Reyes in midfield seems like a good option. His creativity is a bit wasted at RB where Calderon is adequate for the job at present.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here