Worst Boozer in Sussex

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The trolar bar (i think it was called) in Worthing, that was bad news :lolol:

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
tbh any pub in lancing is utter cack,unless you like a fight,and young chavs although the crabtree is fairly respectable

Totally agree. Crabtree is a decent little boozer.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Sussex Yeoman in Goring - no beer, just crap lager, bar staff that make the talliban seem cheerful and friendly, and if it ain't busy they just close up and chuck you out. I suppose it could have improved in the five or so years since I last went there, but I can't be bothered to go there to find out.............

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
As someone said The Clifton in Worthing, anyone remember the night the Cardiff fans went in there ?, they had to close off the whole of Tarring and Clifton road to restore order, never seen anything like in Worthing since the War....

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
The Toby in Woodingdean was something to behold in the 70's, I belive in got even worse in later years.

In mid/late eighties didn't a pool table get pushed half through a external wall ?

I used to work at the 'Downs' around then, and if they got barred from The Toby, they'd come up to us...

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
In mid/late eighties didn't a pool table get pushed half through a external wall ?

I used to work at the 'Downs' around then, and if they got barred from The Toby, they'd come up to us...

I heard that, dont know how true it was, moved from Woodingdean to Hailsham in '79, Downs was my local up till then.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The trolar bar (i think it was called) in Worthing, that was bad news :lolol:

There was something really strange about that place that I actually liked, call it escapism, it was almost like being in Austria or Germany...until you remembered that it was smack bang in the middle of a shopping precinct in Worthing.

Brother Sid

Jan 4, 2006
Horsham
never been in The Whistlestop , but one Saturday about 11.30ammorning whilst waiting in my car for the barriers to go up on the level crossing a pisshead fell out through the doors and collapsed in the road in front of my car. It took several other motorists and pedestrians several raises and lowerings of the barriers before the road was clear.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
never been in The Whistlestop , but one Saturday about 11.30ammorning whilst waiting in my car for the barriers to go up on the level crossing a pisshead fell out through the doors and collapsed in the road in front of my car. It took several other motorists and pedestrians several raises and lowerings of the barriers before the road was clear.

:lolol: At 11.30 in the morning?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Seafield, Hove.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
Another shithole the stag in Portslade old village. I used to go there 40 odd years ago with my dad, i dont think its had a coat of paint it the public bar in all that time.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west

Jeez...how big was he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here