Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Boozer in Sussex

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Good Companion?

I haven't been in there for a few years now. Don't know why I even went back after they threw a group of us out on NYE at 11.50pm, despite having sold us a round of drinks..! (We were underage at the time, though).

Is it still covered from head to toe in that ghastly wood panelling?

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The Whistlestop next to Portslade station

I used to go in there quite a bit about five years ago while i was waiting for beak.

Not the worst pub i've ever been in but always very lively in there.Didn't it get shut down for a while after a massive fight?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
. Absolutely agree, if you mean the one in Worthing. Full of drunken arseholes, they serve school kids with booze. 2 or 3 fights a week, police seen permanently camped outside, but do nothing. Should have been closed years ago.

Yep, thats the one. Like going back to 1977 when you walk through the door.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Pilot in Southwick has an unenviable reputation. I have not actually been in there, but a pub that closes at nine o'clock and the landlord goes down the road for a drink. They even run out of beer. I kid you not. Not just once. And then there are the fights and the Police presence. Does anybody want to fill in the other murky details? Allegedly.

And they do not run out of beer because they sell out. Other reasons which makes Fawlty Towers a well run business.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
A few contenders from my neck of the woods:-

"The Pubb" at Hampden Park - simply a dump and the clientel leave a lot to be desired

The Kingfisher - Langney Shopping Centre - see above

The Terminus - Hailsham - Ditto

Another dive ofa boozer in sussex has to be the Neville in Hove surely?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Not forgetting The Palmeira , used to be my local about 2 years ago. It may have changed now although “Beer in the evening” is still only giving it a rating of 2.1. Full of wealthy foreign language students looking for a fight with any Brits in there, most of which were the local nutters. Landlady also had a face like a slapped arse. Shame – as it used to be a good boozer to stop off at on the way into Brighton.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
They didn't like outsiders did they? as I found out to my cost a couple of times.

Nope, not much...it is a bit of a land that time forgot type of place, local shops for local people, if you get my drift...they also have a rugby club, which struck me as paricularly strange for West Sussex.

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
The Pilot in Southwick has an unenviable reputation. I have not actually been in there, but a pub that closes at nine o'clock and the landlord goes down the road for a drink. They even run out of beer. I kid you not. Not just once. And then there are the fights and the Police presence. Does anybody want to fill in the other murky details? Allegedly.

Another vote for the Pilot here. Had to meet in there in the early 80's, stayed for 15 minutes, never again.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The Toby in Woodingdean was something to behold in the 70's, I belive in got even worse in later years.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
With a load of mates, I got BANNED from the Northern way back in the early seventies. A banning that I have NEVER thought about challenging.

I got refused entry to the Thieves Kitchen in Worthing...after being spotted by the doorman rubbing out a couple of letters on their menu board so that 'unbeatable prices' became 'uneatable rices'...I saw the funny side of it, he didn't.

I think he did me a favour, it was a crap pub anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here