Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] World's most stupid Rioter

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not sure his solicitor would've had much chance in one day. Arrest to conviction in such a small timescale is never a good look.

I'm only here for the hypocrisy.
Plenty of people have been screaming about Tory authoritarianism recently, it's funny how they're happy to turn a blind eye when someone on the other side is on the receiving end.
And how is this consistent with your most recent comment that both cases were dealt with correctly?

You seem to have some sort of bee in your bonnet, which may be entirely legitimate, but it would be helpful if you explain what that is without lashing out at the hypocrisy of 'some people'.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
TELEMMGLPICT000389371010_17232343570720_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqZ21AwWbqiWR-HHMiCHqOlHdBljXG4x5TEZ73aQgxacg.jpeg

Ryan Wheatley​

A lawyer defending a rioter who “barrelled” into a police officer while running at counter-protesters claimed his client was simply trying to share his “point of view”. Barry Keel, defending, told Southampton Crown Court Wheatley “had some agreement with the counter-protesters” and that his client had “wanted to put his point of view that his concern was about illegal immigration rather than immigration per se”. .

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ed-fake-name-of-southport-attacker-destroyed/

:laugh:
Have some sympathy people, this is the world’s first pregnant man.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Deliberately missing the point. And stop overusing whataboutery, you seem to claim it in every disagreement, its not relevant here.

Yes they were jailed and people were unhappy about that. The same people are happy that this bloke was jailed, I'm saying they can't have it both ways.

For the record I think both cases have been dealt with correctly. I think both sentences were harsh.
There is quite a lot to mine in that post.

But I can't be arsed. I am deliberately not going to elaborate :wink:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
The equivalence is in the incitement/conspiracy. I don't care if that's incitement to murder or stealing a packet of crisps. The severity of the crime is irrelevant here.

Plenty on the JSO thread were implying that the organisers weren't culpable because they only spoke about committing crimes in a zoom call.
Yes they are both incitement but to very different things.
You are drawing equivalence between disruption and racially aggravated murder.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Deliberately missing the point. And stop overusing whataboutery, you seem to claim it in every disagreement, its not relevant here.

Yes they were jailed and people were unhappy about that. The same people are happy that this bloke was jailed, I'm saying they can't have it both ways.

For the record I think both cases have been dealt with correctly. I think both sentences were harsh.
I'm not even sure which sentence delivered this week you think is harsh. I think the JSO ones have been ridiculously harsh.
But there's no equivalence between the JSO and those this week. There were multiple riots this week. JSO have never even attempted anything of the sort.
It seems as though the sentences this week are having the required effect because the Riots thread has, all of a sudden, gone very quiet.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Don't be stupid. There is plenty of evidence on NSC that I am on warm terms with people who are naturally tory. And I am a Labour member. You can do the sums yourself.
That's fair enough. You hadn't yet come windmilling into the conversation when I made my initial post on the subject, so your specific opinions are not what I was referring to.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's fair enough. You hadn't yet come windmilling into the conversation when I made my initial post on the subject, so your specific opinions are not what I was referring to.
Sorry. Something lost by me in translation it seems. I am not the most gifted navigator of text messages (which is what NSC is). All the best.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not even sure which sentence delivered this week you think is harsh. I think the JSO ones have been ridiculously harsh.
But there's no equivalence between the JSO and those this week. There were multiple riots this week. JSO have never even attempted anything of the sort.
It seems as though the sentences this week are having the required effect because the Riots thread has, all of a sudden, gone very quiet.
You and I may disagree with the JSO sentencing, but we agree on most things including this.

But perhaps what @Billy the Fish has on his mind may have been lost in translation.

I think we can all agree that recent events have been ill-conceived at best and have resulted in the outing and slapping down of a small number of very foolish and unpleasant people.

And well done the PM for steering calmer.

At the end of the day when people abandon the rule of law and fail with their ballot box ambitions, woe betide them. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

There's more in that thread. See also on that page "they were only discussing it"
They were jailed for being part of a conspiracy, as far as I'm concerned. One that has involved blocking ambulances among other things. You can't engage with that and expect a slap on the wrist. Any more.

I hope that makes sense.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Don't be stupid. There is plenty of evidence on NSC that I am on warm terms with people who are naturally tory. And I am a Labour member. You can do the sums yourself.
I'm a Labour supporter and you called me a racist because we disagreed. You have zero empathy with anyone.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm a Labour supporter and you called me a racist because we disagreed. You have zero empathy with anyone.
With you, perhaps.

But 110% for the sweeping generalization.

Edit If I called you a racist it was because you engaged with racism. I wouldn't call you a racist because we disagree. Show me the evidence if you disagree.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The equivalence is in the incitement/conspiracy. I don't care if that's incitement to murder or stealing a packet of crisps. The severity of the crime is irrelevant here.

Plenty on the JSO thread were implying that the organisers weren't culpable because they only spoke about committing crimes in a zoom call.
I think most were happy they were culpable, but some disagreement over the length of sentence.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
With you, perhaps.

But 110% for the sweeping generalization.

Edit If I called you a racist it was because you engaged with racism. I wouldn't call you a racist because we disagree. Show me the evidence if you disagree.

Quick search and there we are.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You and I may disagree with the JSO sentencing, but we agree on most things including this.

But perhaps what @Billy the Fish has on his mind may have been lost in translation.

I think we can all agree that recent events have been ill-conceived at best and have resulted in the outing and slapping down of a small number of very foolish and unpleasant people.

And well done the PM for steering calmer.

At the end of the day when people abandon the rule of law and fail with their ballot box ambitions, woe betide them. :thumbsup:
I appreciate the more conciliatory reply.

You are correct, I have a bee in my bonnet. I'll also leave it there also as it's not worth us all going round in circles.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh, and in case you hadn't noticed, I engaged my empathy to get back on an even keel with the person who you have waded in to support. There is nothing left to see there :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Quick search and there we are.
You mean this (below). So I did not call you a racists, did I? Nuance. Look it up.

1723322971985.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I appreciate the more conciliatory reply.

You are correct, I have a bee in my bonnet. I'll also leave it there also as it's not worth us all going round in circles.
Good. We all have them :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here