Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Workmates.....

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I get grief pretty much every monday morning!

There's a mainly a huge selection of premership teams includeing the usual suspects of man utd, liverpool, chelsea, newcastle and arsenal. There is a wednesday fan there that is alright, and the leeds fan is being rather quite at the minute.
But theres mainly 2 that do the most piss takes, they find anything to take a swipe at brighton, like today with the weather saying that if brighton were playing today you would get wet (another piss take about not haveing a proper ground...)

Quite frustrating but i just laugh it off with the thought of i bet you wish you could go to football and get drunk every weekend like i can, rather than sit at home on there own and watch "there team" on sky

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
filthy said:

There's a mainly a huge selection of premership teams includeing the usual suspects of man utd, liverpool, chelsea, newcastle and arsenal. There is a wednesday fan there that is alright, and the leeds fan is being rather quite at the minute.
But theres mainly 2 that do the most piss takes, they find anything to take a swipe at brighton, like today with the weather saying that if brighton were playing today you would get wet (another piss take about not haveing a proper ground...)

Quite frustrating but i just laugh it off with the thought of i bet you wish you could go to football and get drunk every weekend like i can, rather than sit at home on there own and watch "there team" on sky

Are they proper northerners or southern twatts supporting teams up north and don't go?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I get the odd comment, but it doesn't bother me because they are not real football fans, very rarely attending games.

They make the usual excuse of not being able to afford it, and yet if you speak to them they were either brought up near an affordable league club or support a premiership team in the north who they may have seen just a few times if lucky.

They don't even know their own teams history when you mention their players prior to 1990s.

They havent got the staying power to support their "own" teams to any real extent, let alone a real one on their doorsteps.

Even their conversations about games are in my mind a bit strange, based only on television coverage and some one else's analysis.

They are completely disconnected from one, their team and two in the broader sense, the game of football.

They be lucky to be hit by a piece of rubbish thrown from the car of one their "idols" rather than meet not one but two players at Seagulls Over London the other night like I did.

I pity them.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
algie said:
Are they proper northerners or southern twatts supporting teams up north and don't go?

Southerners that don't go.

There's only one other guy at work who does go to the odd game at arsenal as thats all he can afford. He normally get tickets for the not so fancied game, like norwich last year. They then started to take the piss out of him for going to crap game, but i stuck up for him saying at least he goes to games and supports hes team and not bskyb!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Both of my managers are palace fans :( thankfully one is ok doesnt take the piss taht much and knows a bit about brighton players situation etc the othersa ryte bell end cudnt name you two palace players and just trys to take the piss so i ask him how palace got on doesnt useally know "prick"

everyone else is premiership massive although a few watch the albion and hope they win! fans which will help fill falmer

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I have that with a Liverpool fan.Bangs on about them all the time and yet he has never been to Anfield or seen them play.I don't understand people who support a club miles away.I try to avoid football topics with people who only watch sky or motd.The best ones are when you go into work on monday and you tell so and so,your team had a good win over the weekend didn't they.Their reply is..did they,who did they beat:nono:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Reading x 4, Watford, 2 x Millwall, West Ham and one Leicester - normally abused badly on a Monday :down:

Oh for those days when Reading blew the Div 2 :down:

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I live in Newcastle too and so I get the chance to rip the mick out of my workmates as much as they do with me. Actually they all quite supportive and a few have gone with me to games to see "real football" as I call it.

I have a Spurs fan who works for me and I give him loads of grief - that is fun.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
filthy said:

You know deep down that you are a true fan, not some glory seeker looking for reflected glory because there's something missing in your life.

I mentioned in a previous thread that I took my 7 year old to his first game on Saturday because he was talking about Chelski - I would really hate for him to miss out on supporting a side that he can genuinely love, watch and associate with and there's no effing way I'm having any son of mine supporting anybody but Albion.

Father's perogative, innit!

Keep the faith - our reward is in heaven.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Buzzer said:
You know deep down that you are a true fan, not some glory seeker looking for reflected glory because there's something missing in your life.

I mentioned in a previous thread that I took my 7 year old to his first game on Saturday because he was talking about Chelski - I would really hate for him to miss out on supporting a side that he can genuinely love, watch and associate with and there's no effing way I'm having any son of mine supporting anybody but Albion.

Father's perogative, innit!

Keep the faith - our reward is in heaven.

did it work?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Everton x 2, Coventry, Arsenal, Pompey, Liverpool, Leeds, Man City and Norridge plus a couple of locals who prefer egg chasing.

I get the usual abuse for being an Albion fan but bizarrely have struck up a sarf coast brotherhood with the Pompey fan who is a diamond geezer and has a go at anyone who slags us off, his reasoning is that at least I am neither a plastic glory seeker or a Saints fan...who can fault a logic like that?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yep.

He loved it. Spoke to him tonight on the phone and he told me he wore his home top to school today as well so all his friends could see who he supported.

Got tickets for him and his little brother for Sunday and he's counting the days.

Told me he's going to show his 4 year old brother where Gully is, when to stamp his feet, where to get the hot dogs. He's hooked!

I'm so proud of him!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Where I work we have 2x Arse, 2x Manure and our manager who will watch any team so long as the players have nice legs.

A lot of the Staff are women and don't seem to understand the game, much less have any particular alleigence (not being sexist, just stating the facts of this case).

I'm the only Brighton fan (although one of the Arse ones is a casual follower if it suits him to be), but I'm also the only one out of any of us who has ever actually been to see their team live (neither of the Manure fans has ever been anywhere near OT for a match or otherwise, and one of the Arse ones was taken to Highbury when he was about 4, although not to an actual match).

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Buzzer said:
Yep.

He loved it. Spoke to him tonight on the phone and he told me he wore his home top to school today as well so all his friends could see who he supported.

Got tickets for him and his little brother for Sunday and he's counting the days.

Told me he's going to show his 4 year old brother where Gully is, when to stamp his feet, where to get the hot dogs. He's hooked!

I'm so proud of him!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
:clap:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
BUTTERBALL said:
It must be like a morgue.
No, that's at the Saturday job.

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Liverpool, Leeds x 3, Norwich, Palace, Newcastle, Chelsea, Man U x 2, Arsenal

Not much hope, I try not to bring the subject up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here