Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Workmates.....

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Buzzer said:
Yep.

He loved it. Spoke to him tonight on the phone and he told me he wore his home top to school today as well so all his friends could see who he supported.

Got tickets for him and his little brother for Sunday and he's counting the days.

Told me he's going to show his 4 year old brother where Gully is, when to stamp his feet, where to get the hot dogs. He's hooked!

I'm so proud of him!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Thats great:clap:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Buzzer said:
Yep.

He loved it. Spoke to him tonight on the phone and he told me he wore his home top to school today as well so all his friends could see who he supported.

Got tickets for him and his little brother for Sunday and he's counting the days.

Told me he's going to show his 4 year old brother where Gully is, when to stamp his feet, where to get the hot dogs. He's hooked!

I'm so proud of him!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

You sir are a FANTASTIC father.

At my local British boozer in Los Angeles, I got respect from all for always stating my team as Brighton. I even heard "no, I mean who is your Prem team?" from the unlikely persons who glom onto the 'big' teams even if nowhere near where they're from.

For those who have to bear the hoots of derision, I would advise you to swot up a little on those jeering types' chosen teams' worst defeats, and remind them of that time when some non-league side spanked their mighty warriors by several.

Remember, BHA have some excuse for losing games, like few other teams in the league!

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
1 x QPR
1 x Palarse
1 x Albion
1 x Athletic Madrid

Nobody else seems to like football, so even have to resort to talking to the Palarse fan, but he is probably the most genuine football fan in the office (apart from me of course).

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Chelski and Manure.

At least the Chelski fan has been going since the 70s and rememebrs when they were crap.

in a perverse way I think he enjoyed it more then than now.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Nobby's Betamax Video said:
Mainly Brighton where I work :clap:

....with a sprinkling of Arsenal thrown in (who recently keep banging on about the Emirates Stadium) :censored:

Still, made hay while the sun shone with Arsenal's poor start.

Snap................Bout 5-6 Albion and 4-5 Arsenal out of 18

Give the Gooners their Due though they are quite passionate about their footie with 2 being STH and one goes to all the games and all europe ect ect

Sill give them stick though:lolol:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Chelski and Manure.

At least the Chelski fan has been going since the 70s and rememebrs when they were crap.

in a perverse way I think he enjoyed it more then than now.
A mate of mine has been a Chelsea supporter for nearly 40 years, but is ashamed to be Chelsea these days, with all the Chelsea shirts everywhere he feels like a "jump on the bandwagon" gloryhunter, even though he obviously isn't.It must be hard for some of the Oldschool Chelsea fans to be honest.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
1 'Bradford' & Man U fan...

Other than that, there's not ONE football fan out of the 20 of us.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Im the only football fan that goes to that games, all be it only 1/2 times a month.

There is one Liverpool 'fan' who has been to a grand total of 2 games, and they were both in london, but hes only 16 so he is still young!

Oh and my mate from work comes to some of the games with us but only coz there a few of us going and he fancies a day out!

Last edited:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I love it when you meet a plastic Man U fan and they ask 'but seriously, who are your Premiership team?'

When you reply with: 'isn't mad to think Man U were once called Newton Heath, played in yellow and green halves and enjoyed their highest 'home' attendance at Maine Road.'

The usual response is 'eh?'

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
tommy boy said:
i live in newcastle, so i get the piss RIPPED out of me by drunk geordies whenever i wear my brighton shirt round TOON

Just whip out a pencil and paper and write something-anything -down. That ought to confuse them.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I've got Huddersfield, Oldham, Leeds, Bradford, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd and a Pompey fan in the office up here so don't get to much stick not until we play at Huddersfield/ Bradford and probably lose anyway.

A couple of Man utd in all fairness one is from Salford and did used to watch them years ago but the other is a typical plastic and he's hated most by the lad from Salford - so all is good :D

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Mostly Brighton actually - with a couple of West Ham and Chelsea influences. oh and a Wolves fan too

Last edited:

cjdavis

May 17, 2006
shoreham
I don,t work with anybody, so no problems for me......but anyone I meet in life that tell,s me they support Man U , or Chelsea, or Liverpool etc etc....but never actually goes to watch them,....I just inform them , that they are not a "supporter".....but "an admirer".....it sounds so gay, they just shut up... :lolol: :lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Surely someone who likes watching but doesn't get involved is a voyeur, that sounds even worse.

D

Deleted member 2719

Gullsworth said:
Snap................Bout 5-6 Albion and 4-5 Arsenal out of 18

Give the Gooners their Due though they are quite passionate about their footie with 2 being STH and one goes to all the games and all europe ect ect

Sill give them stick though:lolol:

5-6?

???

Don't you have a spurs and Man u fan their too!!

:wave:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
how many times is this discussed?

Shock horror - there is someone at work that doesnt support the Albion! Cant be a real 'fan' must be a gloryhunting bastard!

BORING!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
bhanutz said:
how many times is this discussed?

Shock horror - there is someone at work that doesnt support the Albion! Cant be a real 'fan' must be a gloryhunting bastard!

BORING!

Theres a few people i work with that haven't been to a football league ground in the last 10 - 15 years and find it funny to pick up the supergoals section on a monday, look up scores and rip the piss out of people's teams that have lost.
There's one guy that makes me chuckle that by haveing read all of the paper starts telling me about newcastles striker problem after haveing taken the piss out of the albion.
Hes such a fan that he said he couldn't be bothered to leave work 30 minutes early to catch there recent uefa cup game on tele!
Where as i made up the time for leaveing work early to go to yeovil when i was told prior to leaveing early, whats the point in going, you're going to lose anyway!

Suppose it gives them some small kicks in an otherwise dull week for them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here