Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Working/Living in Bangkok Advice?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was getting a little too cozy on here and Bars Mar has disturbed the clique and good on him.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
So any chance of any advice on bangkok then?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Feel between the legs first.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
All I said was "eat some humble pie"...

[special_joke_for_the_over_40s]
I ate some Humple Pie once. I got small pieces of Peter Frampton stuck between my teeth...
[/special_joke_for_the_over_40s]

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We know who they are , I know as soon as I post something who they will be, they come in together like a Wrestling Tag team going for the submission.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

You will either love it or hate it. I love it. Many people loathe it. I've never met anyone who slotted in between the two extremes.

Sorry to be sensible there. Carry on with the binfest... :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is so funny it is unreal.

Great entertainment boys

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Where's knobber gone....I mean Nibble

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

I think you'll have to start another thread for that question to be answered!

This one's been well and truly hijacked! :lolol::lolol:

(7 - 8 pages is my guess).

top tip.

the Lonely Planet guide and I mean its references to eateries etc is crap and so out of date.

Its humid and when you arrive loads of "friends" or touts will try and scam you.

Great for food, especially off the street great for massage and generally great.

Get down to the islands asap and chill.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Don't refer to it as Bangkok for a start. It is only called that by Westerners. Everyone else knows it by it's true name Krung Thep. Some people in Thailand have never even heard of Bangkok. If you refer to it as Bangkok you will lose respect with the locals and they will think you are ignorant.

well i've been there 6 times and never heard that. either i'm stupid, or possibly, you're talking shite

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Krung Thep is an abbreviation of the Thai name Krung-dēvamahānagara amararatanakosindra mahindrayudhyā mahātilakabhava navaratanarājadhānī purīramya utamarājanivēsana mahāsthāna amaravimāna avatārasthitya shakrasdattiya vishnukarmaprasiddhi.

Which translates to the 'City of Angels'.

You can sort of see why they shortened it :lol:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove

What, Bangkok, you are still refering to it as thet. Shame on you man!!

Who do you work for?

I want to travel the world and get paid! Got 5 years travel work related experience!!

Yes the picture is good, however Bars was proved wrong and begins the insults. Krung Thep is referred to as Bangkok outside of Thailand as most westerners know it as this. In Thailand I believe it is referred to as Krung Thep. You can get as arsey as you like but it's a fact.

All the Thai people I know (in Thailand and in the UK) refer to it as Bangkok so maybe not quite the fact you think it is...I have a picture that I took 3 weeks ago near the Erawan Shrine and on the SkyTrain structure is a big painted banner saying "Bangkok City of Life".

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
ill give you a spot of advice up at leeds mate-one of my fave cities in the world...alot of fun to be had-am off to thailand again in june and july so may even catch you out there!

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Don't refer to it as Bangkok for a start. It is only called that by Westerners. Everyone else knows it by it's true name Krung Thep. Some people in Thailand have never even heard of Bangkok. If you refer to it as Bangkok you will lose respect with the locals and they will think you are ignorant.

Thats bollocks, I've spent ages there and it has never happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here