Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Working/Living in Bangkok Advice?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yes the picture is good, however Bars was proved wrong and begins the insults. Krung Thep is referred to as Bangkok outside of Thailand as most westerners know it as this. In Thailand I believe it is referred to as Krung Thep. You can get as arsey as you like but it's a fact.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Its a Corker Chappers. I can state Bars Mar and me and not one and the same but he walks my walk and talks my talk. He has been a breath of fresh air to this stale site imho.

Well now all the wankers have landed in one thread, I believe it is time to go. I hope you have fun sucking each others cocks.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Wrong actually, it is known as Bangkok to the Thais as well

So, seriously, where does the name Krung Thep come into it then? On QI the other night it told this story.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Well now all the wankers have landed in one thread, I believe it is time to go. I hope you have fun sucking each others cocks.

So, You're Pretentious Website Against The Judgement Of The Rest Of The World And We're The Wankers Apparently.

Never Mind Nipple. I'll Let You Win One Of Our Debates Some Day.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So, You're Pretentious Website Against The Judgement Of The Rest Of The World And We're The Wankers Apparently.

Never Mind Nipple. I'll Let You Win One Of Our Debates Some Day.

It's not losing a debate that bothers me in the least, It's putting up with your insults that make it unbearable.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
So, seriously, where does the name Krung Thep come into it then? On QI the other night it told this story.

Krung Thep is an abbreviation of the Thai name Krung-dēvamahānagara amararatanakosindra mahindrayudhyā mahātilakabhava navaratanarājadhānī purīramya utamarājanivēsana mahāsthāna amaravimāna avatārasthitya shakrasdattiya vishnukarmaprasiddhi.

Which translates to the 'City of Angels'.

The only people I've ever heard in Bangkok call it Krung Thep are stinking backpackers who need a good bath walking round town reading the Lonely Planet book.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its a difficult one I like Nibble and Bars Mar so I will leave this one now.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Krung Thep is an abbreviation of the Thai name Krung-dēvamahānagara amararatanakosindra mahindrayudhyā mahātilakabhava navaratanarājadhānī purīramya utamarājanivēsana mahāsthāna amaravimāna avatārasthitya shakrasdattiya vishnukarmaprasiddhi.

Which translates to the 'City of Angels'.

The only people I've ever heard in Bangkok call it Krung Thep are stinking backpackers who need a good bath walking round town reading the Lonely Planet book.

Cheers for that. I heard it on QI and thought I'd look it up. Everywhere I looked seemed to back the Krung Thep thing up. Thanks for answering and not ripping out.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
One of my best friends here is from Bangkok. He always calls it Bangkok when speaking English.

It's entirely possible he calls it "Krung Thep" when speaking in Thai, but since I don't speak Thai and can't understand him, I wouldn't know...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Completely uncalled for. At the end of the day, this would have blown over if you'd done the decent thing and eaten some humble pie. It's OK to be wrong sometimes.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Completely uncalled for. At the end of the day, this would have blown over if you'd done the decent thing and eaten some humble pie. It's OK to be wrong sometimes.

Simster jumping in and grabbing the wrong idea. I am happy to accept that I am wrong and have done so, I even acknowledged that Bars gave a good comeback, but I don't need to be insulted for being wrong and having someone jump down my throat and start to insult me for no reason. Of course I am going to defend myself. You jump into threads and don't bother to understand any of it fully so do me a favour Simster and shut your face.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Shut *my* face? Eh? I didn't say anything particularly unpleasant to you and I didn't "jump into this thread" either - I was in this thread before you chimed in, you gobby pretentious boring little windbag.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Shut *my* face? Eh? I didn't say anything particularly unpleasant to you and I didn't "jump into this thread" either - I was in this thread before you chimed in, you gobby pretentious boring little windbag.

Get f***ed.:salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here