Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woolworths mis-price on LCD TVs - £150

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
exactly what I have written in my complaint to them, its one thing cancelling without so much as an explanatory email to me. But as they are still advertising the products at that price then they are being malicious.

Don't think they've taken anything off my card, if they have I will be asking for compensation from them for doing so or for them to honour the contract implied by them taking payment. And if they start junk mailing me I'll close the account anyway.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Now when you click on more details you just get a white screen...

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
As the old and wise say:

If an offer looks too good to be true, it probably is.

I'd laugh my pants off if those of you who put through multiple orders (did I see someone had ordered 7) were charged at the correct full price per the Ts & Cs and got hit seven grand plus on their credit card and no refunds if goods not faulty. :nono:

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Shropshire Seagull said:
As the old and wise say:

I'd laugh my pants off if those of you who put through multiple orders (did I see someone had ordered 7) were charged at the correct full price per the Ts & Cs and got hit seven grand plus on their credit card and no refunds if goods not faulty. :nono:

would be rather tough for them to do that since they cancelled the orders:dunce:

D

Deleted User X18H

Woolies haven't had the good grace to advise my order is cancelled.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Shropshire Seagull said:
As the old and wise say:

Agree with your first statement; but no charge's made to me today.

Here's what they have said:

Further to your recent order enquiry, please note the following:

Woolworths endeavours to ensure that all pricing information on its website is accurate. However, on very rare occasions, errors do occur.

Due to an isolated technical problem, a pricing error occurred on a small number of TVs.

The terms and conditions on our website state that where a pricing error occurs, Woolworths may cancel any orders placed. This was an unfortunate but obvious mistake and we are therefore unable to accept any orders at the incorrect pricing.

It is important to note that Woolworths' terms and conditions also make clear that an order acknowledgement communication does not constitute a binding acceptance of a customer order. This will only occur once Woolworths confirms the despatch of goods.

We apologise for any confusion caused.

Woolworths On-line Customer Services.

booo.....!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Shropshire Seagull said:
got hit seven grand plus on their credit card and no refunds if goods not faulty. :nono:

Distance selling laws would mean that if that happened to anyone, they could claim a full refund even if the sets were not faulty.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Shropshire Seagull said:
As the old and wise say:

If you were able to read, then you would see that the T&Cs state that they have to ASK before charging you the full price on misqouted goods if you STILL want them at that price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here