Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wood wanted at the Amex...

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
ummm HE IS 19.

It takes one promotion and suddenly everyone loses sight of a quality youngster. He had a massive contribution us walking the league and would be a welcome addition.

'Woeful'? 'WOEFUL'?

Unbelievable.

Totally agree. Showed some signs of real quality in my opinion. Yes he went off the boil at times too, but so did all the players. I wouldn't be keen on having him as first choice next season but definitely would be a worthy squad player who would chip in with goals and performances when needed

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Point 1 = can be inferred from his quote re getting into the West Brom first team (laughable)... by implication, the second point must be true...
Point 3 = my source...

I admit my 'utter, utter gash' comment was OTT, but I have explained why I said it; please see my comments on Wood's shortcomings as a player (IMHO, of course)... bottom-line = he is not good enough for the Championship next season... you seem to agree with this!?

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Sorroy mejona to nick your quote, but......

THATS NOT SELF-DELUDED.

Bloody hell. Thats call AMBITION.

I want us to win every game this season. Thats not being DELUDED. Thats AIMING for something. Yes, we won't do it. But we will TRY.

He has said in an interview he wants to play for WB. How, I mean HOW is that DELUDED.

Painful.

Fuckin ell, we've got a bright one here:eek::eek:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Again, how do you know this? How good does he think he is? Do you know him? Can anyone know how good he really is when he is only 19?

I'm surprised you haven't got a job as a Scout seeing as you are able to judge players so clearly at such a young age without even speaking to them.

I have said I don't think he is good enough for the Championship yet... I have also said that he might be in the future... it would be a HUGE gamble if he is leading the line for us next season...

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I have said I don't think he is good enough for the Championship yet... I have also said that he might be in the future... it would be a HUGE gamble if he is leading the line for us next season...

Where has ANYONE suggested that if we signed him he would be leading the line for us next year?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
i have said i don't think he is good enough for the championship yet... I have also said that he might be in the future... It would be a huge gamble if he is leading the line for us next season...
f*** off!!:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Don't ever acuse anyone of twisting things, and then type something like that, after all the other shit you've posted. Leading the line?

You are out of order what you have said about Wood's own personal opinions, when its clear you haven't got a clue, and people have assued me of digging myself a hole.

It's also now very clear, you hear something, and think about it, and then think you've heard someone completely different to what you have heard.

Give it up mate. Either come back when you know something, or just give it up.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Er, I think you said he was 'utter utter gash'.

Where has ANYONE suggested that if we signed him he would be leading the line for us next year?

Indeed, I don't remember anyone suggesting that.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If Gus and the rest of his staff think Wood is good enough for the Championship I'll go with that. Personally think he is a good player and will get better the more football he plays, towards the end of the season he did look a bit ropey for whatever reason but he showed more than enough during his time here to show there is a good player in there

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, sorry, I know you are catchin up and we have a few posts crossing here. I know I shouldn't use insults. But sorry, that post has just made you into the biggest FUCKWIT I have come across on here in a while.

How does that help your argument. You keep saying he is self deluded. That he has a high opinion of himself.

Then you say you don't know him!!

HOW THE f*** DO YOU KNOW THIS THEN!!!!

As I said all along, you talk complete and utter shit. (And before you cut and paste, I am calm, and I am laughing my arse of at the complete TIT I've just managed to stumble across on here!!

So, my comments on his football abilities just ignored again then Mr. B? If you have nothing to add except insults, then I suggest you are the one who is making yourself look foolish...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
THATS NOT SELF-DELUDED.

Bloody hell. Thats call AMBITION.

I want us to win every game this season. Thats not being DELUDED. Thats AIMING for something. Yes, we won't do it. But we will TRY.

He has said in an interview he wants to play for WB. How, I mean HOW is that DELUDED.

Painful.

Because he is not good enough... that means he is deluded

Delude - "to persuade somebody to believe something that is untrue or unreal"
Deluded (adjective)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, can I just clarify something with you B.W.? If you were Chris Wood, what would you do in his situation? a) Try your hardest and work as hard as you can to try and force your way into the team by believing in yourself and believing in the faith that your Premier League club have invested in you? Or b) Realise that you are being 'deluded', give up and go and try and play for a league 1 or 2 team?

Are you just generally an un-ambitious person or what? What do you do for a living? If you got yourself a job where you were being paid big money in an important position, but were struggling with it a bit, would you just give up and go and take a worse job, or would you do your very best to make it work? If you were trying your best to make it work, what would you think of people saying that you thought you were much better than you were and were being completely deluded?

Hmmm... lot of questions there Commander... realising your own shortcomings is an important skill... so is building on your strengths... unfortunately, Wood has an abundance of the former...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
so, my comments on his football abilities just ignored again then mr. B? If you have nothing to add except insults, then i suggest you are the one who is making yourself look foolish...

because he is not good enough... That means he is deluded

delude - "to persuade somebody to believe something that is untrue or unreal"
deluded (adjective)

oh my god, is he for real :eek::eek:

I then sir would suggest that you are deluded!! delude - "to persuade somebody to believe something that is untrue or unreal"
:lolol::lolol::lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

So why sign him? And why would West Brom loan him out to sit on our bench?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
He was very good at the start with us but towards the end of the season his form dropped, I'm not too sure what to make of it but could be someone to throw on in the last 10 when we are in need of a goal.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
So why sign him? And why would West Brom loan him out to sit on our bench?

Sign him because although he may not lead the line for us this year, he could give a vital contribution as a squad player, and his young age and high potential means that he could lead the line in a few years. More of a longer term investment.

I wouldn't be so keen to take him on loan as I'm not sure we'll see as much of a benefit from him in a short period of time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here