Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wood wanted at the Amex...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Look, do you think it is easier to get into the NZ national team than the Brazilian one?

(a) Yes
(b) No

Your chance to shine Mr B?
That sums you up. Anyone who had to use the fact its easier to play for NZ than Brazil in an argumnet, does suggest you are clutching at straws.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So its gone from he thinks he better than what he is & Barnsley got shot of him ----- Barnsley didn't fight to keep him when WBA took him back!!

You're making it up as you go along mate. You clearly no idea what you are taking about.

You think this, you believe that. And the funny thing is you say I have a vendetta and twisted opinion........ :tosser: I think that smilies justified mate judging by your efforts in the last hour so

Hello Again Mr B,

He DOES think he is better than he is... and he does think he is better than BHA (laughable)
Barnsley DID get shot of him...

There, I hope that clarifies my stance on the situation... and it's so nice that you confirmed my prediction that you would continue to throw insults around whilst adding very little to the debate... please accept my hearty congratulations...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To be fair though easy, if your going by the Notts COunty game, I'd say your being unfair on Joe Gatting!!! Of all the players that took their foot of the peddle after we won the league, Wood was probably the biggest culprit. I think he has more potential then Barnes, but then I don't think either of them will make it past league one when they find their levels.

Mmm, there was a general collective foot-off-the-peddle in the team after Walsall. But Wood practically coasted to a complete halt, so I'd agree I think he probably was the biggest culprit. Maybe thats primarily because as a loan player in a promoted team, he didn't exactly feel the need to run himself into the ground any more. So I can understand the reasons to an extent, but I'm not sure thats the kind of attitude we want from a 19 year old supposedly trying to prove himself and make his way in the game.

Nope, I'd rather not have him back.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Dear Mr B... you have again deliberately ignored my reasoning for why I have such a low opinion of Wood... suggest you re-read my posts in this thread... and do try to calm down... you, after all, not very young any more, and your yellow skin suggest you may have liver problems...
What, earlier posts like "he is self-deluded"

Do you know him? Have you spoke to him? Are you making this opinion up?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
To be fair though easy, if your going by the Notts COunty game, I'd say your being unfair on Joe Gatting!!! Of all the players that took their foot of the peddle after we won the league, Wood was probably the biggest culprit. I think he has more potential then Barnes, but then I don't think either of them will make it past league one when they find their levels.

I'm shocked Mr B! You say Wood won't make it past L1 level, but you want us to sign him!? Please explain...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Please don't compare Wood to JW, that is just stupid again... JS is a totally different player, and he was apparently loaned from a top 4 club to another EPL club... versus the 'majestic' Wood - EPL club to Championship (failed loan), and on to L1 club...

The funniest thing you say is "footballers don't all come ready-made as global superstars as soon as they become adults"... that is certainly the truth in Wood's case (!!), and he is, IMHO, just not ready for the Championship, which is the point I am repeatedly making...

OK, so what about when Man Utd loaned a certain David Beckham to Preston as a 19 year old? Was that because they could tell that at 19 he was shit so he might as well play at a lower level? Or was it for the reasons I mentioned before?

The point is, you don't actually have a clue whether Chris Wood is ready for the Championship or not. And neither do I. But he did reasonably well at the top of League 1, and he has made a few appearances in the Championship for West Brom, so he probably is ready for it by now. It woudn't be the most exciting signing in the world, but as a back up striker he would be OK.

I have a source...

Doesn't everybody.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Hello Again Mr B,

He DOES think he is better than he is... and he does think he is better than BHA (laughable)
Barnsley DID get shot of him...

There, I hope that clarifies my stance on the situation... and it's so nice that you confirmed my prediction that you would continue to throw insults around whilst adding very little to the debate... please accept my hearty congratulations...

Okay point one, HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS?

Point two... HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS?

Point three, NO THEY DIDNT. HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS?

Last Paragraph. BORING. You only get insults because time and time again you are taking untruths and utter rubbish. (hope you dont take that as an insult, and before you do, do try and remember you called Wood UTTER UTTER GASH.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm as calm as a cucumber mate. I think its funny how you keep telling me not to go off on one, when I haven't!! But reading what you are saying is even funnier. You've admitted you see things through blue and white specs, and your post proves it. You are maikng untrue statements about why he left Barnsley, when in truth its clear to most, you have absolutely no idea what you are taking about. And that is clear from reading nearly everyone of your posts on this subject.

Stop trying to make things up to further your argument. Go back to you "source" and ask him to a] stop taking shit, or b] tell you think as they happened.

Hmmm... I'll stick with my source, but your advice much appreciated as ever...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hello Again Mr B,

Again, how do you know this? How good does he think he is? Do you know him? Can anyone know how good he really is when he is only 19?

I'm surprised you haven't got a job as a Scout seeing as you are able to judge players so clearly at such a young age without even speaking to them.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That sums you up. Anyone who had to use the fact its easier to play for NZ than Brazil in an argumnet, does suggest you are clutching at straws.

If you say so, Mr B... although I think you'll find it is easier to get in the NZ national team than the Brazilian one...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I'm shocked Mr B! You say Wood won't make it past L1 level, but you want us to sign him!? Please explain...
:yawn: Don't be shocked, you have just put 2 and 2 together and come up with crap again, like I suggest you have with your views of Woods personal opinion and state of mind, and the reason he left Barnsley.

I have said I think he has potential, but I dont think he'll make past league one. I also said I think he's better than Barnes, and if neither of them were Brighton players, and had to sign one, I'd rather sign Wood.

twisty twisting twisty things!

And you wonder why I use the :tosser: smiley. I think you have your answer there

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What, earlier posts like "he is self-deluded"

Do you know him? Have you spoke to him? Are you making this opinion up?

A pleasure to share my thoughts with you again Mr B:

One of my earlier posts:

A HUGE 'NO THANK YOU' from me... I really hope he does well in pre-season for West Brom... I find it astounding that he is so self-deluded that he thinks he is good enough for the Prem... he was barely good enough for league 1, IMHO... limited heading ability, slow, missed more chances than he took...

I do NOT know him BTW...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
OK, so what about when Man Utd loaned a certain David Beckham to Preston as a 19 year old? Was that because they could tell that at 19 he was shit so he might as well play at a lower level? Or was it for the reasons I mentioned before?

The point is, you don't actually have a clue whether Chris Wood is ready for the Championship or not. And neither do I. But he did reasonably well at the top of League 1, and he has made a few appearances in the Championship for West Brom, so he probably is ready for it by now. It woudn't be the most exciting signing in the world, but as a back up striker he would be OK.

Doesn't everybody.

Good points there Commander... I guess I take his most recent efforts in the Championship (truncated loan at Barnsley) as my yardstick of whether he is good enough for the league we are in... he was poor, I'm afraid...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

One of my earlier posts:

A HUGE 'NO THANK YOU' from me... I really hope he does well in pre-season for West Brom... I find it astounding that he is so self-deluded that he thinks he is good enough for the Prem... he was barely good enough for league 1, IMHO... limited heading ability, slow, missed more chances than he took...

I do NOT know him BTW...
Sorry, sorry, I know you are catchin up and we have a few posts crossing here. I know I shouldn't use insults. But sorry, that post has just made you into the biggest FUCKWIT I have come across on here in a while.

How does that help your argument. You keep saying he is self deluded. That he has a high opinion of himself.

Then you say you don't know him!!

HOW THE f*** DO YOU KNOW THIS THEN!!!!

As I said all along, you talk complete and utter shit. (And before you cut and paste, I am calm, and I am laughing my arse of at the complete TIT I've just managed to stumble across on here!!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

One of my earlier posts:

I do NOT know him BTW...

THATS NOT SELF-DELUDED.

Bloody hell. Thats call AMBITION.

I want us to win every game this season. Thats not being DELUDED. Thats AIMING for something. Yes, we won't do it. But we will TRY.

He has said in an interview he wants to play for WB. How, I mean HOW is that DELUDED.

Painful.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
THATS NOT SELF-DELUDED.

Bloody hell. Thats call AMBITION.

I want us to win every game this season. Thats not being DELUDED. Thats AIMING for something. Yes, we won't do it. But we will TRY.

He has said in an interview he wants to play for WB. How, I mean HOW is that DELUDED.

Painful.
No no no no no. He hasn't got it from that. But he doesn't know him either. It's all come from his "source".... and did you know its harder to get in the Brazil side then it is the New Zealand one. WHo says you don't learn anything from NSC:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

One of my earlier posts:

I do NOT know him BTW...

Sorry, can I just clarify something with you B.W.? If you were Chris Wood, what would you do in his situation? a) Try your hardest and work as hard as you can to try and force your way into the team by believing in yourself and believing in the faith that your Premier League club have invested in you? Or b) Realise that you are being 'deluded', give up and go and try and play for a league 1 or 2 team?

Are you just generally an un-ambitious person or what? What do you do for a living? If you got yourself a job where you were being paid big money in an important position, but were struggling with it a bit, would you just give up and go and take a worse job, or would you do your very best to make it work? If you were trying your best to make it work, what would you think of people saying that you thought you were much better than you were and were being completely deluded?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Okay point one, HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS?

Point two... HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS?

Point three, NO THEY DIDNT. HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS?

Last Paragraph. BORING. You only get insults because time and time again you are taking untruths and utter rubbish. (hope you dont take that as an insult, and before you do, do try and remember you called Wood UTTER UTTER GASH.

Point 1 = can be inferred from his quote re getting into the West Brom first team (laughable)... by implication, the second point must be true...
Point 3 = my source...

I admit my 'utter, utter gash' comment was OTT, but I have explained why I said it; please see my comments on Wood's shortcomings as a player (IMHO, of course)... bottom-line = he is not good enough for the Championship next season... you seem to agree with this!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here