Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wood wanted at the Amex...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That's proper funny!! I actually laughed out loud.

At first I thought definitely NO.... But he is only 19. Might be good to have in the squad.

The point I am making WRT his NZ appearance in the WC is that there is not much competition for him to achieve that status; it is far easier for him to achieve NZ caps, and even a WC appearance than, say, a Brazilian youngster...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And this is the same management team that signed Liam Dickinson, and got sacked?? I'd say thats a f***ing plus, if those muppets don't rate you? OK

As I say Mr B, you are entitled to your twisted opinion...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Well, we will have to agree to differ then Mr Burns... as I said earlier in this thread, I am hopeful we will sign 2 better strikers than Barnes (and maybe Hoskins) for next season... neither of these new players would be Wood, IMHO...

BTW, I gave my fuller arguments for why Wood is not good enough and Barnes is a good prospect in earlier posts, but you chose to post my 'summing up' accompanied by a w@nker sign instead of countering my reasoning, which I believe shows your lack of good character... enjoy your ongoing vendetta...
Once again you say I have a vendetta, even though I have said in this thread, and a post I know you have read that I don't.

So don't tell me to take notice of your "fuller" arguments, when you clearly can't do it yourself. As I said earlier, opinion B] you're a knob. You said Wood is utter utter gash. You're an idiot. Pull your head out your arse, take off your blue and white specs, and then you may be able to see beyond your own nose. There's a good lad:thumbsup:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He was reasonable for a while, but his form fell off a cliff after he came back from China. Watching him at Notts County he was particularly dismal, constantly on his heels, won nothing in the air, never put in the workrate to get in front of his marker to receive the ball to feet, and that seemed fairly typical of his late-season form and performances. I'm disturbed to say that he was almost Gatting-like at times, which is moderately horrifying in itself.

Gotta say, I'd be fairly underwhelmed if we signed him permanently. For me it'd mean we STILL need to sign two more quality strikers on top of his arrival. Perhaps if he got a permanent deal here we'd see more from him in the Championship, but for me the jury is still very much out on whether he's really got what it takes to make it as a player here.

That's kinda how I feel, but much better worded by your good self...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The point I am making WRT his NZ appearance in the WC is that there is not much competition for him to achieve that status; it is far easier for him to achieve NZ caps, and even a WC appearance than, say, a Brazilian youngster...
And I have a twisted opinion :facepalm:

I think the point you are making very well, is that you are a complete tithead :thumbsup:

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
OK... but what about next season... is he good enough for us in the Championship?

If u see my post before I said that I don't see him as a starter for us next season but would be excited if we signed him permanently. I'd be happy to have him as part of the squad but don't think WBA would loan him on that basis.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
That's kinda how I feel, but much better worded by your good self...
That's nothing like you feel. Easy 10s post and you saying he is UTTER UTTER GASH are worlds apart. If you feel like Easy 10s post, yet you called Wood Utter utter gash, then theres no point in reading your post, as if what you type and what you mean are this fair apart, then how can anyone know what the f*** you are trying to say???

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Barnsley didn't cancel his loan, West Brom did because they didn't feel Barnsley were using him enough. When he first came to Brighton he certainly didnt seem fit, so perhaps WBA were right to cancel the loan, but there are two sides to this and we dont know why Barnsley weren't using him, maybe they didn't think he was good enough, maybe they should have got him fitter, or maybe the culture at Barnsley with players like Liam Dickinson around wasn't entirely about fitness.

FWIW he doesn't really excite me, but if Gus has seen enough in him over the last 3/4 of a season then who are we to argue.

I believe you'll find the Barnsley management team were not exactly fighting to keep the oh so magnificent Wood on...

Does Gus really want him back? Well, he must be pretty far down the shopping list... may I politely suggest that if he is one of the 2 other strikers we bring in this summer, then we will have failed to lure quite a few better options in...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Talking of Wood - no news on his near namesake, Michael Woods?

I see from his Twitter feed that he is on holiday in Ibiza and looking forward to coming home to "a long and successful season" - doesn't say who with but doesn't deny(doesn't reply) that he is coming to us when challenged

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The post I quoted, you saying you hope his dreams come true with West Brom. Personally I'd rather they came true with Brighton.

Oh, I see... I was being a bit cheeky about his prospects of success at West Brom... I obviously hope that, if we do sign him again, he becomes a major success with us... sorry about that...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's nothing like you feel. Easy 10s post and you saying he is UTTER UTTER GASH are worlds apart.

In fairness, I did compare Wood to Gatting. I admit I hesitated as I thought that might be a bit strong, but on reflection, I stand by that observation.

The one caveat is that Wood DID show some decent form mid-season, so I suppose we can trot out the old favourite in that maybe he has got "potential". But he certainly went all Gatting for me after China, which has put me right off tbh.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Talking of Wood - no news on his near namesake, Michael Woods?

I see from his Twitter feed that he is on holiday in Ibiza and looking forward to coming home to "a long and successful season" - doesn't say who with but doesn't deny(doesn't reply) that he is coming to us when challenged

If both of them sign for us, things on here will get a whole lot more confusing...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I believe you'll find the Barnsley management team were not exactly fighting to keep the oh so magnificent Wood on...
So its gone from he thinks he better than what he is & Barnsley got shot of him ----- Barnsley didn't fight to keep him when WBA took him back!!

You're making it up as you go along mate. You clearly no idea what you are taking about.

You think this, you believe that. And the funny thing is you say I have a vendetta and twisted opinion........ :tosser: I think that smilies justified mate judging by your efforts in the last hour so

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Blimey, I hope we sign someone soon because every thread on this board seems to descend very quickly into stupid bitchy arguments and name-calling. Anyone would think we're all a little anxious about transfers...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
In fairness, I did compare Wood to Gatting. I admit I hesitated as I thought that might be a bit strong, but on reflection, I stand by that observation.

The one caveat is that Wood DID show some decent form mid-season, so I suppose we can trot out the old favourite in that maybe he has got "potential". But he certainly went all Gatting for me after China, which has put me right off tbh.
To be fair though easy, if your going by the Notts COunty game, I'd say your being unfair on Joe Gatting!!! Of all the players that took their foot of the peddle after we won the league, Wood was probably the biggest culprit. I think he has more potential then Barnes, but then I don't think either of them will make it past league one when they find their levels.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Once again you say I have a vendetta, even though I have said in this thread, and a post I know you have read that I don't.

So don't tell me to take notice of your "fuller" arguments, when you clearly can't do it yourself. As I said earlier, opinion B] you're a knob. You said Wood is utter utter gash. You're an idiot. Pull your head out your arse, take off your blue and white specs, and then you may be able to see beyond your own nose. There's a good lad:thumbsup:

Calm down Mr B, no need to go off on one again... yes, I have a rather low opinion of Wood... IMHO, he has done NOTHING to suggest he will be good enough for us in the Championship next season... when tested at that level he has so far failed... I have explained why I think he currently has shortcomings as a player (and why Barnes is a better player)... who knows what the future brings? However, I am pretty certain it will involve more ignorant insults and condescending smilies coming my way from you...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And I have a twisted opinion :facepalm:

I think the point you are making very well, is that you are a complete tithead :thumbsup:

Look, do you think it is easier to get into the NZ national team than the Brazilian one?

(a) Yes
(b) No

Your chance to shine Mr B?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That's nothing like you feel. Easy 10s post and you saying he is UTTER UTTER GASH are worlds apart. If you feel like Easy 10s post, yet you called Wood Utter utter gash, then theres no point in reading your post, as if what you type and what you mean are this fair apart, then how can anyone know what the f*** you are trying to say???

Dear Mr B... you have again deliberately ignored my reasoning for why I have such a low opinion of Wood... suggest you re-read my posts in this thread... and do try to calm down... you, after all, not very young any more, and your yellow skin suggest you may have liver problems...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I thought people were going to be banned for bickering?

I'd like Wood to sign, he's promising and he fitted in with the way we play.
I was at the a couple of the games people slated him for, and thought he was good both times

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Calm down Mr B, no need to go off on one again... yes, I have a rather low opinion of Wood... IMHO, he has done NOTHING to suggest he will be good enough for us in the Championship next season... when tested at that level he has so far failed... I have explained why I think he currently has shortcomings as a player (and why Barnes is a better player)... who knows what the future brings? However, I am pretty certain it will involve more ignorant insults and condescending smilies coming my way from you...
I'm as calm as a cucumber mate. I think its funny how you keep telling me not to go off on one, when I haven't!! But reading what you are saying is even funnier. You've admitted you see things through blue and white specs, and your post proves it. You are maikng untrue statements about why he left Barnsley, when in truth its clear to most, you have absolutely no idea what you are taking about. And that is clear from reading nearly everyone of your posts on this subject.

Stop trying to make things up to further your argument. Go back to you "source" and ask him to a] stop taking shit, or b] tell you think as they happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here