Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Won't See Me Again At Withdean

Cambridge_Seagull

Jan 24, 2006
Cambridge
I have stood by MM from the start. I truly believed he was the manager who would keep us in the championship and after who would guide us back there. I put with the constant fallings out thinking that maybe we were better off without these prima donnas but know the moment has come. Another transfer window has slammed shut and we have not added to our squad and have in fact sold our brightest talent for what I believe is half his worth. I am about to go uni in Newcastle and I think that my next shirt will be a newcastle one. Brighton have given me so much pleasure over the last 10 years and so much pride that dispite all the struggles that we survived and were united. It breaks my heart to see the fighting amongst the players, fans and staff and frankly I have had enough. Pull yourselves together and try and save this club. Maybe one day I might return but I can't see it.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
but to keep the ball rolling you need to have something to get excited about on the pitch if you are asking top $ to watch the 3rd tier of football. New fans wont pay £24 to see us play Bournemouth on a wet Tuesday. If we signed a few layers and get some momentum going like in the early Withdean years then it will hget back on track.

DK siad relegation cost £1,000,000 but he also could have signed the striker to try & keep us up in january 2005 - as siad before he was offered Fallon for 100k last Nov and said no - the rest is history

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Cambridge_Seagull said:
I have stood by MM from the start. I truly believed he was the manager who would keep us in the championship and after who would guide us back there. I put with the constant fallings out thinking that maybe we were better off without these prima donnas but know the moment has come. Another transfer window has slammed shut and we have not added to our squad and have in fact sold our brightest talent for what I believe is half his worth. I am about to go uni in Newcastle and I think that my next shirt will be a newcastle one. Brighton have given me so much pleasure over the last 10 years and so much pride that dispite all the struggles that we survived and were united. It breaks my heart to see the fighting amongst the players, fans and staff and frankly I have had enough. Pull yourselves together and try and save this club. Maybe one day I might return but I can't see it.

f*** off then. You think its some sort of prilevlidge for the club that they can have your support? :wave:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Stinky Kat said:
but to keep the ball rolling you need to have something to get excited about on the pitch if you are asking top $ to watch the 3rd tier of football. New fans wont pay £24 to see us play Bournemouth on a wet Tuesday. If we signed a few layers and get some momentum going like in the early Withdean years then it will hget back on track.

I agree with that. I just think that at the very least its now down to us fans that are there to stick with it through these times, not jump ship. Things aren't going to get better if we all give up...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Cambridge_Seagull said:
Excuse me, does anyone have a large onion spare? And there was I thinking Frank Sinatra had a lengthy farewell.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Cambridge_Seagull said:

Tell you what, why not go and support Cambridge Utd. Its also clear that as you're off to Uni you're just a kid and hopefully one day you'll grow to realise what a stupid post you've made.

Noboby gives a shit about you.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
bhaexpress said:
Tell you what, why not go and support Cambridge Utd. Its also clear that as you're off to Uni you're just a kid and hopefully one day you'll grow to realise what a stupid post you've made.

Im sure the club accounts do

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Kinky Gerbils said:
Im sure the club accounts do

If the bloke is in Cambridge and obviously just left school how many games do you think he gets to ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rougvie said:
Stanley was a fool, he may not have been as manipulative as the others but that makes him no better than them.

BG, until you leave this obsession no one will take anything else (and I dont believe its all bollocks) you say seriously.

I have passed the obsession stage but if I say anything it is immediately thrown back to 'oh yes your friends' I have explained countless times that they were not 'friends' but my company did a lot of work for Greg Stanley when he had The Blue Peter Club so I was thrown into his company quite often and being an avid Brighton supporter I was invited to all of the club functions held there.

I am not silly enough to not realise what DK has done to save this club but unfortunately I do not see that he can forever rest on his laurels and say, as people do on here continually, if it wasnt for him we wouldnt have a club.

I do not subscribe to that view I believe that had he not stepped in, ignoring the consortium I was involved with, somebody would have stepped in.

Similarly now if he left, the club wouldnt fold somebody would step in and so would a new manager come in if MM left or was sacked.

The recent performance of both MM and DK over the transfers window saga has done neither of them any good and as a result more and more people are either seeing the light or becoming disenchanted however you wish to view it.

I fully accept that the major obstacle to all of this is Falmer but the team should still be a major consideration if only for the fact that dwindling gates at Withdean will play into LDC hands.

Will the present regime survive if gates drop any lower than the last game at Withdean? I doubt it unless they receive strong financial support from somebody.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
bhaexpress said:
If the bloke is in Cambridge and obviously just left school how many games do you think he gets to ?

I used to be based in Scotland but still came down for the home games when I could,so your post is bollocks really,or should all Brighton fans live in Brighton only in your opinion ??

TrevorDove said:
It maybe where I am in the stage of my life and maybe I will want to go again but I've already turned down two freebies this year and until something changes my next visit to Withdean won't be anytime soon.

I think your post is very honest, I really don't see the big drama about a few people stop going to watch football. If you've watched a lot of it over the years, maybe the sense of excitement isn't there because it's associated with a particular stage of your life and you do want to do something a bit different. Maybe you'll come back, maybe you won't - hopefully you will but it's down to the individual.

For me, it's only a big deal and something Dick Knight has to start taking big notice of if our crowds really start to hemorrhage.

But that's not happening. Our first two crowds were very healthy, bigger than when we last started a League 1 campaign. Even the recent Sunday crowd was not that bad given the amount of sporty Sussex folk who were spending a lot of money the previous day in London.

It seems to me that people dropping out is a fairly typical and usual thing. The only new thing these days is the existence of messageboards, where people can give a strange kind of publicity to their disaffection and blame many and various things other than the obvious one that they've fallen out of love of watching live football.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Munchkin said:
Have finally lost the faith, followed this club through thick and thin, and supported Dick and the manager despite the flack they have recieved.

Last night was the final straw, this club is a joke.

Dick Knight the time for you to leave has come.

My season ticket is in the bin.

bloody hell mate its not that bad yet,I know, I know no stadium,no signings,shit manager(although I think he has done OK) and really going nowhere but when its like that theres only one way to go,thats down the road and support your team,I am sure you are not a fair weather supporter and you have gone this far,so keep going your local club needs you. :salute:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
bhaexpress said:

leave the lad alone.

So much anger.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Rougvie said:
I'm sure it will be no great loss, the person/s that sit next to you will be able to stetch out a bit more.

An all round result really.
We had loads of room in H block against Crewe.......enough to get a Conga going:lolol: :lolol:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
bhaexpress said:

Harsh but what I would come to expect from some one like you with the lowest f***ing iq and wit on the board

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here