Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Won't See Me Again At Withdean

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
:flameboun :flameboun

So, is it in the bin, sent back to the club or what? What's the latest?

And what happens if we WIN a game or two? Unlikely I know but it may happen - what happens to this "binned" season ticket - by now no doubt covered in eggshell and coffee grounds - then?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Munchkin said:
Have finally lost the faith, followed this club through thick and thin, and supported Dick and the manager despite the flack they have recieved.

Last night was the final straw, this club is a joke.

Dick Knight the time for you to leave has come.

My season ticket is in the bin.

As a club, we've been in MUCH worse positions than we are now.

Did you start supporting in 1999 by any chance? ???

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Re: Re: Won't See Me Again At Withdean

Wozza said:
As a club, we've been in MUCH worse positions than we are now.

Did you start supporting in 1999 by any chance? ???

Thats ok then

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I'm sure it will be no great loss, the person/s that sit next to you will be able to stetch out a bit more.

An all round result really.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ernest said:
It doesn't matter about season ticket holders not going or throwing their tickets away as they have already paid. It's the people who buy tickets for each match who count and if they stay away the club is even more f***ed.

People like me :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Ernest said:
It doesn't matter about season ticket holders not going or throwing their tickets away as they have already paid. It's the people who buy tickets for each match who count and if they stay away the club is even more f***ed.

I think it's a much more vindicative statement when season ticket holders don't go, a more powerful statement. If the floaters don't go it's one game, win one they will come back. When st's are returned then they aren't going even with paying £500 for them, and a good chance the club wont be able to count on that money again next year. I don't agree with it but if it's a statement you're trying to make, don't give the ticket to anyone else, just send it back to the club with a covering note.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Man of Harveys said:

And what happens if we WIN a game or two? Unlikely I know but it may happen - what happens to this "binned" season ticket - by now no doubt covered in eggshell and coffee grounds - then?

My son now has it.

It may make little difference, but the last 21 years of my life have revolved around supporting the Abion, never have Ifelt more let down and disheartend at any stage than midnight last night, maybe some of you will say I'm being overdramatic, but for me all the talk about this player coming... and this deal almost done... and players being talked about and printed in the Argus.. makes it an even harder pill to swallow.

This club is becoming a laughing stock, and I never thought I would see the day when players don't want to join this club, and players are leaving this club due to the manager and his attitude and the transfer money is not being re-invested into the playing staff.

Gutted.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Munchkin said:
My son now has it.

It may make little difference, but the last 21 years of my life have revolved around supporting the Abion, never have Ifelt more let down and disheartend at any stage than midnight last night, maybe some of you will say I'm being overdramatic, but for me all the talk about this player coming... and this deal almost done... and players being talked about and printed in the Argus.. makes it an even harder pill to swallow.

This club is becoming a laughing stock, and I never thought I would see the day when players don't want to join this club, and players are leaving this club due to the manager and his attitude and the transfer money is not being re-invested into the playing staff.

Gutted.

We could have signed the perfect player yesterday and he could have bust his leg in training today. The loan player option is still open. If the club don't use THAT then it's a major problem. But not signing anybody yesterday is not the end of the world. Pretty sure exactly the same will happen in the January transfer window. Again.

Munchkin said:
Have finally lost the faith, followed this club through thick and thin, and supported Dick and the manager despite the flack they have recieved.

Last night was the final straw, this club is a joke.

Dick Knight the time for you to leave has come.

My season ticket is in the bin.

Man of Harveys said:

Munchkin said:
My son now has it.

Based on an idea originally posted by Black Country Seagull ...
Supporters should not make idiotic statements like that, wait until the ticket has been binned, returned, burned or given away, then announce it.

I blame Sven for all this.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Lord Bracknell said:
I blame Sven for all this.

Not as far away from the truth as you think, I wonder what our mood with football in general would have been if we had done well over the summer.

I work with a Charlton and a Millwall fan and both seem to be just as apathetic about their clubs as I do.

There does seem to be a slight backlash against football in general at the moment, and orchestrator Sven gets £14,000 a day still for his troubles.

:angry:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I too am not interested in going anymore.

Didn't renew our family's 4 season tickets this year.

Have been a season ticket holder or regular attender (ie virtually every home game) plus plenty away, since 1971 aged 7. Went to Giilingham (most weeks), Wembleyx3, Cardiff, Newcastle away 1979, Holland preseason tour 1982, Rochdale away Tuesday night etc etc.

Took my 6 yo on the pier on Sunday and felt strangely liberated.

I will probably go to a game at some point this year when have nothing better to do, but at present am glad to be rid of the monkey.

Sussex success has helped. In truth, although I'm ashamed to take Murdoch's shilling, so has getting Sky. West Ham look worth following.

PG.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Peter Grummit said:
I too am not interested in going anymore.

Didn't renew our family's 4 season tickets this year.

Have been a season ticket holder or regular attender (ie virtually every home game) plus plenty away, since 1971 aged 7. Went to Giilingham (most weeks), Wembleyx3, Cardiff, Newcastle away 1979, Holland preseason tour 1982, Rochdale away Tuesday night etc etc.

Took my 6 yo on the pier on Sunday and felt strangely liberated.

I will probably go to a game at some point this year when have nothing better to do, but at present am glad to be rid of the monkey.

Sussex success has helped. In truth, although I'm ashamed to take Murdoch's shilling, so has getting Sky. West Ham look worth following.

PG.

You mean you want to support another team? Well that is an indictment on the general apathy of some supporters.

So be it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
It does worry me that fans who have been through so much have lost patience with the current situation. Is it really worse then when we got f***ed over or having to travel to Gillingham and back. I do think the club has problems from the board down to the playing staff but we are mid table, have some great youth players coming through and an average size ground for this division.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
What i wonder is who is a member of the laughing stock. I hear chortles and occasional guffaws, but i see them as personal insults toward my vocal bunions rather than group mockery to some strange love that arose in my childhood.
We're not what i want us to be at the moment, but i can't think of a time we ever have been exactly what i dream of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here