Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Won't See Me Again At Withdean

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Meade's_Ball said:

We're not what i want us to be at the moment, but i can't think of a time we ever have been exactly what i dream of.

Spot on.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
So we could have signed a name last night, any name, and that would have made you change your mind? People on this board make me laugh with disbelief.

If you want to stop going because results are bad, because you don't like DK or MM, then thats one thing (although I have my own opinions on what sort of supporter that would make you).

But for christs sake, you're giving up on the Albion because we failed to sign a single player, who you probably wouldn't have heard of, and who you have absolutely no idea what kind of impact he would have made, and yet that would have made the difference? ???

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
No. Lack of signings is but a symptom.

I'm just declaring I have, for the time being, fallen out of love with the Albion after 35 years.

It's a confessional/therapy thing. Apologies to those who find this self-indulgent (I would).

PG

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
ATFC Seagull said:
So we could have signed a name last night, any name, and that would have made you change your mind? People on this board make me laugh with disbelief.

If you want to stop going because results are bad, because you don't like DK or MM, then thats one thing (although I have my own opinions on what sort of supporter that would make you).

But for christs sake, you're giving up on the Albion because we failed to sign a single player, who you probably wouldn't have heard of, and who you have absolutely no idea what kind of impact he would have made, and yet that would have made the difference? ???

I wonder if anybody who's decided to throw away their season ticket will also flounce out of NSC. Somehow I doubt it.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
The thing that depresses me more than anything is not that we didn't sign anyone, it's that someone thought it was better to stay playing for the stiffs at Orient than to come to us.
Personally I loved the Gillingham days. It was a good day out and often didn't make it home until the next day. We had a new chairman in charge and we were told we would be in a nice new stadium in a few years time. I was looking forward to a bright new future. All these years later the hope is fading.
As I said, it's not just the fact we didn't sign anyone - the club is just not what it was a few years ago.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Peter Grummit said:
No. Lack of signings is but a symptom.

I'm just declaring I have, for the time being, fallen out of love with the Albion after 35 years.

It's a confessional/therapy thing. Apologies to those who find this self-indulgent (I would).

PG

I feel exactly the same PG. I've just had enough. After going through the last dark days at the Goldstone, then Gillingham and having the euphoria of the early days at Withdean it's so hard to sit there in a shitty stand with no roof watching your side slump back down into English footballs basement. The manager is a clown and we have to keep him. It's a joke.

I will not renew my season ticket and the three blokes I sit with all feel the same - one of them is contemplating emigrating to Cyprus and he is the kind of heart on your sleeve fan that would never miss a game a season or two ago.

There's no atmosphere at the ground because there is absolutely no cause for optimism.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Jimmy Saville said:
one of them is contemplating emigrating to Cyprus and he is the kind of heart on your sleeve fan that would never miss a game a season or two ago.
I'm really sorry, I don't mean to be rude at all but if someone's decision whether or not to move to CYPRUS is based on the performance of his football team, well - that's just a bit sad really, isn't it? That really made me chuckle.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Man of Harveys said:
I'm really sorry, I don't mean to be rude at all but if someone's decision whether or not to move to CYPRUS is based on the performance of his football team, well - that's just a bit sad really, isn't it? That really made me chuckle.

The point I was making is he is the kind of bloke who never misses a home game and goes to a fair few away games. He has three brighton tatoos, shirts in frames all over his house - he is an obsessive fan - the kind of person that puts Brighton first in his decision making. I think the fact that he is thinking about moving two thousand miles away is a good sign of his disaffection.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
I gave up the second season McGhee was in charge - and I was a season ticket holder for 20 plus years.

I still love the Albion, follow them on the radio and in the press but it has got to a stage where I'm not paying that amount of money to watch crap - it bacame a chore to go and watch them rather than a cracking day out - regardless of result.

It maybe where I am in the stage of my life and maybe I will want to go again but I've already turned down two freebies this year and until something changes my next visit to Withdean won't be anytime soon.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Munchkin said:
Have finally lost the faith, followed this club through thick and thin, and supported Dick and the manager despite the flack they have recieved.

Last night was the final straw, this club is a joke.

Dick Knight the time for you to leave has come.

My season ticket is in the bin.

I'll have your season ticket
:wave:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BensGrandad said:
The most truthful statement on here but then 1 man cannot be allowed to run this club!

But 2 can run it into the ground.

Wish you'd run into something.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
BensGrandad said:
The most truthful statement on here but then 1 man cannot be allowed to run this club!

But 2 can run it into the ground.
Your mate Greg Stanley, Bill Archer and David Belloti - that's three isn't it?:tosser:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
ATFC Seagull said:

Not the point, we have had the whole of the close season to sign someone, and folks are getting a bit narked, that's all - it's because they care :lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Man of Harveys said:
Your mate Greg Stanley, Bill Archer and David Belloti - that's three isn't it?:tosser:

We already realise that BG is a senile old tosser which explains how he can't remember Dick Knight's part in keeping this club alive.

Let's all wait to see what new myth or unfounded rumour he can dream up from whats left of his clearly failing mind.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Man of Harveys said:

Get your facts right , if you wish to attempt to be scarcastict, they were not my mates and only 1 was ever Chairman.

To really put the cat among the pigeons I would say that had we been allowed to play at Fratton Park for a year as they wanted we would have a new ground now. That is not to say I agree with how they went about their business or what they did.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BensGrandad said:
To really put the cat among the pigeons I would say that had we been allowed to play at Fratton Park for a year as they wanted we would have a new ground now.

f*** me didn't take him long did it ?

BensGrandad said:

To really put the cat among the pigeons I would say that had we been allowed to play at Fratton Park for a year as they wanted we would have a new ground now. That is not to say I agree with how they went about their business or what they did.

How would that have worked exactly?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is just a personal view of what I think would have happened based on Archer & Stanleys wealth. I have no way of knowing for sure.

To answer another post I do realise what DK has done for the club and that should not be forgotten but we must move on what he has done was in the past now and the future is a different story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here