Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Won't See Me Again At Withdean

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BensGrandad said:
This is just a personal view of what I think would have happened based on Archer & Stanleys wealth. I have no way of knowing for sure.

To answer another post I do realise what DK has done for the club and that should not be forgotten but we must move on what he has done was in the past now and the future is a different story.

Whatever, as usual you present another wild figment of your imagination anyway. There's absolutely nothing to substantiate this latest notion and Stanley and Archer had no interest in this club other than ripping it off, something you keep accusing DK of.

And you wonder why you get mocked.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That was their plan 1 year at Portsmouth and build a new ground to share with Portsmouth along the A27. I am not saying I agree with that but that was his plan.

The personal abuse Stanleys family got as a result of this plan made him decide to pull his money out of the club. The rest unfortunately is history. His original intention when Mullery was manager for the 2nd time was never to rip this club off but the abuse overtook his thinking and he became bitter about it.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BensGrandad said:
That was their plan 1 year at Portsmouth and build a new ground to share with Portsmouth along the A27. I am not saying I agree with that but that was his plan.

The personal abuse Stanleys family got as a result of this plan made him decide to pull his money out of the club. The rest unfortunately is history. His original intention when Mullery was manager for the 2nd time was never to rip this club off but the abuse overtook his thinking and he became bitter about it.

We'd like to believe you but .......

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What about the huge amount of interest that Stanley (allegedly)took.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Stanley was a fool, he may not have been as manipulative as the others but that makes him no better than them.

BG, until you leave this obsession no one will take anything else (and I dont believe its all bollocks) you say seriously.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Wanderer said:
Not the point, we have had the whole of the close season to sign someone, and folks are getting a bit narked, that's all - it's because they care :lolol:

Buts it just this whole "sign someone" idea. Doesn't seem to matter who it was. Despite what people say, we only seem to have really tried to any great extent to bring in a handful of players - perhaps there are no available players interested in us that MM feels would improve our squad?

I'd rather people vented their frustrations at whatever they feel true problem is, rather than using the fairly abstract notion of whether we made a signing yesterday or not.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Munchkin said:
Have finally lost the faith, followed this club through thick and thin, and supported Dick and the manager despite the flack they have recieved.

Last night was the final straw, this club is a joke.

Dick Knight the time for you to leave has come.

My season ticket is in the bin.

On the ask the club thread you said youd sent your ST back. So is it in the bin, the post, or your pant drawer waiting for a couple of wins to tempt you back?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Won't See Me Again At Withdean

Tubby Mondays said:
On the ask the club thread you said youd sent your ST back. So is it in the bin, the post, or your pant drawer waiting for a couple of wins to tempt you back?

Good point well made :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Won't See Me Again At Withdean

Tubby Mondays said:

Sort of like going to a restaurant, paying for a meal then sneaking out without eating it innit? :shootself

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Peter Grummit said:
No. Lack of signings is but a symptom.

I'm just declaring I have, for the time being, fallen out of love with the Albion after 35 years.

It's a confessional/therapy thing. Apologies to those who find this self-indulgent (I would).

PG

Ive also had a belly full after 40 years of following this club,I just got fed up with the broken promises this manager and Chairman keep making.

In fact I cant even be bothered to post on here anymore.

Must be getting old and morbid now I am approaching 50 !!

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
So thats a group of supporters (including myself) that have had enough, (this in just one thread)

Many others I'm sure feel the same, when will this club realise what they are doing is destroying the supporters. :nono: :nono:

Half of the people that post on this board I'm sure have probably never stepped foot in the Witdean, let alone followed the club every other week in Gillingham.

Iv'e said it already, but what I find the hardest to accept is the paper talk linking this club with so called 'targets', the chairman and manager feeding us a line and then when we sell one of the clubs younger players, we do nothing to replace him or strengthen the squad as a whole.

I'm sorry but, we can't even fill the Withdean at present, what hope is there for Falmer when we keep selling players and getting very little in return to show the supporters we ant to get out of this division.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Munchkin said:

I'm sorry but, we can't even fill the Withdean at present, what hope is there for Falmer when we keep selling players and getting very little in return to show the supporters we ant to get out of this division.

Exactly - you have to have some kind of entertaining product to get punters through the door - we dont have that and in this division there are very few attractive teams coming to Withdean.

Perhaps we should play Stonewall FC and get the gay fans interested - maybe that coud be Kerrys testomonial

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I can never understand why people throw there season tickets away!
I don't have one this year but if i did i would sell the next 5 games at a sensible price, might aswell get some cash back for it.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
filthy said:
I can never understand why people throw there season tickets away!
I don't have one this year but if i did i would sell the next 5 games at a sensible price, might aswell get some cash back for it.

I think you may be pushed to move it on

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Stinky Kat said:
I think you may be pushed to move it on

In the worse case scenario if a sold a ticket for a fiver, that be a fiver more than if the ticket was chucked in the bin!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Munchkin said:
So thats a group of supporters (including myself) that have had enough, (this in just one thread)

Many others I'm sure feel the same, when will this club realise what they are doing is destroying the supporters. :nono: :nono:

Half of the people that post on this board I'm sure have probably never stepped foot in the Witdean, let alone followed the club every other week in Gillingham.

Iv'e said it already, but what I find the hardest to accept is the paper talk linking this club with so called 'targets', the chairman and manager feeding us a line and then when we sell one of the clubs younger players, we do nothing to replace him or strengthen the squad as a whole.

In the end tho, it's about going to watch live football with your mates on a Saturday afternoon. Well it was, before t'internet. Now everybody beats themselves and everybody else up endlessly and works themselves up into a right old state. I mean, it's only the poxy transfer window. Life goes on.

Things were so much simpler when you just met up in the pub, had a couple of beers, went to the game, stood on the terraces, went back to the pub, had a bit of a grumble, then forgot all about it til next time.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Tom Hark said:
In the end tho, it's about going to watch live football with your mates on a Saturday afternoon. Well it was, before t'internet. Now everybody beats themselves and everybody else up endlessly and works themselves up into a right old state. I mean, it's only the poxy transfer window. Life goes on.

Bloody hell Thomas, that is the most sensible post I have seen all day!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Munchkin said:

Do you not think that maybe its the other way around though? Its a shame when its this situation, but its BECAUSE the ground is half-empty that we have to sell players for little in return? And that as supporters, its our job to get in there, support the team and try and turn it around?

It'd be great if we could invest in getting exciting stuff on the pitch to bring in fans, but sometimes football can't always work that way. I would think fans of this club should understand that more than any.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here