Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woking ticket details

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, I really have to get a bit of work done, so I'll leave this now.
The fact is, that as all the pricing has to be agreed with Woking, the usual deals are not all available, like your U-21 price, and like my boy's U-10 price.

I think Easy 10 nailed the thread a while back anyway.

Like he said, do what you think is best, but don't kid yourself or anyone else that you're doing the right thing by the club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, I really have to get a bit of work done, so I'll leave this now.
The fact is, that as all the pricing has to be agreed with Woking, the usual deals are not all available, like your U-21 price, and like my boy's U-10 price.

I think Easy 10 nailed the thread a while back anyway.

Like he said, do what you think is best, but don't kid yourself or anyone else that you're doing the right thing by the club.

Kids these days eh Hans ?

:rolleyes:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
As a grown up, I can't believe you are arguing the toss over a whole fiver! My mrs is disabled but will sit in the south stand with me, does she ever get a cheap ticket - no she doesn't, get a grip will you!

Not at all, read what i've said, that if i get in for a fiver i'll go, if not i wont go. No arguement was purposely started, someone else took the bother of questioning what i was doing. Added to the fact your Mrs is an adult, so is used to paying adult prices, with or without a disability.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Kids these days eh Hans ?

:rolleyes:

Yep, awful arent they.
Waking up at 5am and working from 6-11am most Saturday mornings to pay for myself to go to the football home and away, and then working Sundays when college allows it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yep, awful arent they.
Waking up at 5am and working from 6-11am most Saturday mornings to pay for myself to go to the football home and away, and then working Sundays when college allows it.

I'm sure you and your friend are fine, upstanding, hard-working members of the community. And its great that some of your money is channelled towards the Albion, we'll need that to continue.

But whatever way you slice it, when you buy child tickets when you are not a child, you are ripping off the club you support.

Would you buy something in the club shop for a fiver, and at the same time slip something else in your pocket for the same value and sneak out without paying ?

Whats the difference ?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Not at all, read what i've said, that if i get in for a fiver i'll go, if not i wont go. No arguement was purposely started, someone else took the bother of questioning what i was doing. Added to the fact your Mrs is an adult, so is used to paying adult prices, with or without a disability.

strangely most events discount for either my mrs or her carer (me) as she is registered disabled, the fact that you are prepared to bend the rules regarding the age restriction for a fiver speaks volumes about why you were questioned about what you are proposing to do, the fact that you see nothing wrong is what had irritated so many people. It's ok to "work the system" for your own benefit is the message you are sending out mate, using my mrs as an example I was trying to show you that you are morally in the wrong on this occasion.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
strangely most events discount for either my mrs or her carer (me) as she is registered disabled, the fact that you are prepared to bend the rules regarding the age restriction for a fiver speaks volumes about why you were questioned about what you are proposing to do, the fact that you see nothing wrong is what had irritated so many people. It's ok to "work the system" for your own benefit is the message you are sending out mate, using my mrs as an example I was trying to show you that you are morally in the wrong on this occasion.

I think this thread goes a long way to explaining the billions of state benefits claimed fraudulantly. As kids (sorry adults) like these grow up abusing the system to get a cheap ride they see easy money can be made getting benefits rather than jobs because they can get away with it.

Well hopefully things will change soon but ultimately its down to the morals of the individual and whether they know right from wrong.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would you buy something in the club shop for a fiver, and at the same time slip something else in your pocket for the same value and sneak out without paying ?

Whats the difference ?

I think that's an unfair comparison, tbh. That WOULD be blatant stealing, and they'd never do that.

This would be more like going into the SPAR, and swapping the price sticker on a MARS BAR from 52p, to 30p, on the 'justification' that you 'normally buy them in a five-pack, and that's what they work out as'.

Or something...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think that's an unfair comparison, tbh. That WOULD be blatant stealing, and they'd never do that.

This would be more like going into the SPAR, and swapping the price sticker on a MARS BAR from 52p, to 30p, on the 'justification' that you 'normally buy them in a five-pack, and that's what they work out as'.

Or something...

:lolol:

EXCELLENT analogy.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
f*** me, does anyone give that much of a shit if he pays an adult or child price or not?

If he goes, the club gains a fiver. If he doesn't go, the club gets no money at all. Bit of a no brainer really.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
To be fair to the guy, if the club did student tickets it would not be a problem.
It pisses me off that as a student I have to pay full price!

Between them and the government it is like being in some kind of tantric spit roast!

Been out, apologies for not sitting in all day.

Agree 100%, theres no student price thats the annoying thing. Usually the club are good with this, as with my season ticket, but why would I pay more than usual to see Woking play infront of 4-5k people.

If I can get away with paying a fiver, then I'll do it, couldnt care any less what a few people on a forum think.
:thumbsup:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
To be fair to the guy, if the club did student tickets it would not be a problem.
It pisses me off that as a student I have to pay full price!

Between them and the government it is like being in some kind of tantric spit roast!
You chose to be a student:lolol:
It annoys me that students think they can get discounts on everything???

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
I can't even be bothered to pay £5, I'm going to double click and get in for free :)

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
f*** me, does anyone give that much of a shit if he pays an adult or child price or not?

If he goes, the club gains a fiver. If he doesn't go, the club gets no money at all. Bit of a no brainer really.

'This'

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Im 16 and will pay the £10, would of liked the U21 option, but if it isnt there I dont mind paying £10 to the club.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

People obviously do care. It is the principle of the matter.

A 'no brainer' is paying for the ticket that you qualify for. He would get a fine if he pulled a similar stunt on a train and rightly so.

Exactly. I have become increasingly nauseated with NSC recently as people seem to have an incredible amount to say about the most mundane factors of other peoples lives when really they should just butt out.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not getting discounts would be fine for students BUT you have to pay rent (like anyone else) do a full time course which you now have to pay for and then are expected to be able to pay for basic things like food etc at the same prices as people with full time jobs.

But anyway that is not the debate here.

If they get caught entering the ground with a "wrong" ticket then its their problem and will get punished if they get caught.
If you morally don't like it don't do it, and let the club/supermarket/mars bar street vendor sort it out.

I have sympathy with the guy as being a student I have thought exactly the same thing. Maybe the club should take note :wink:
Yeah but there is many hard working people who can't find the money to go to football for various reasons:p

Maybe this another reason why students in recent times have dodged work as they have far to many discounts offered on a plate,but yes thats another story and best keep it on topic.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here