Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woking ticket details

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I've been shopping at Tescos for years. Doesn't mean I can pay half price on any item that takes my fancy.

I don't understand this attitude. the club price tickets sensibly at £10 a head, and you still advocate STEALING from them. I bet you'll be the first in the queue to suggest the next highly paid striker we should sign...

Well to begin with its hardly stealing! And i'm not sure what other people are doing for this game, but personally i will not be paying a tenner to go, as i would rather save my money for away games, but could well end up going and paying a fiver! So in fact is giving the club more money towards that big money striker :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well to begin with its hardly stealing! And i'm not sure what other people are doing for this game, but personally i will not be paying a tenner to go, as i would rather save my money for away games, but could well end up going and paying a fiver! So in fact is giving the club more money towards that big money striker :thumbsup:

Nice theory. Do you work for Portsmouth?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just remember, if you're going to "lose" the ticket, bear in mind you can't get a replacement duplicate on the day any more.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I've been shopping at Tescos for years. Doesn't mean I can pay half price on any item that takes my fancy.

I don't understand this attitude. the club price tickets sensibly at £10 a head, and you still advocate STEALING from them. I bet you'll be the first in the queue to suggest the next highly paid striker we should sign...

Look back at some of my previous posts regarding strikers, most of my suggestions would have cost peanuts compared to what most were suggesting. Still dont see the relevance between that and a ticket for an FA cup game.
Perhaps if there was a gap between 15 year olds and adults? Either way, i'll get in no problem, and if it bothers you then report me. Its hardly ever an issue for home games, but numerous away games me and my mates (mostly 17/18) are often charged full adult prices, because a student ticket does not exist, so are looking at £20-£25 instead of £5-£10.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think you are missing the point, i am giving the club an extra five pounds, which i would not be giving them otherwise. So its better if i don't go is it? ???

No, its better if you pay the full price for your age.

Or leave the seat to someone else who will.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think you are missing the point, i am giving the club an extra five pounds, which i would not be giving them otherwise. So its better if i don't go is it? ???

I'm not missing any point, thanks.

You want something that costs £10, but you only want to pay £5 for it. That is the point.

If everyone in the ground decided the same, the clubs [the gate money is shared] would lose out big time.

Fact is, they are selling you a ticket for about half of the usual price, and that is still not good enough for you.

For my part, one of my tickets [for my youngest] will actually be MORE expensive for this game, than for league games, as there is no U-10 price. Nothing I can do about it though, as that is the price. I can choose to pay it, or not go.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'm not missing any point, thanks.

You want something that costs £10, but you only want to pay £5 for it. That is the point.

If everyone in the ground decided the same, the clubs [the gate money is shared] would lose out big time.

Fact is, they are selling you a ticket for about half of the usual price, and that is still not good enough for you.

For my part, one of my tickets [for my youngest] will actually be MORE expensive for this game, than for league games, as there is no U-10 price. Nothing I can do about it though, as that is the price. I can choose to pay it, or not go.

But your ticket at £10 is a large reduction to normal prices. Ours at £10, is almost double what my season ticket works out at per game, and this is to see Woking in the Fa cup first round.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
But your ticket at £10 is a large reduction to normal prices. Ours at £10, is almost double what my season ticket works out at per game, and this is to see Woking in the Fa cup first round.

Precisely, i wonder how many adult tickets would be sold at over double the normal price they pay each week with a season ticket :fishing:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

So the fact that the club accomodate you with a CRACKING deal for 23 games, gives you the moral right to stiff them on the other one?

And actually for me its pretty similar to normal games. For mine and my two kids, my ST works out roughly £18 + £5 + £1 = £24. For this one, its £10 + £5 + £5 = £20.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When these games usually only get crowds of about 3,000?

The size of the crowd is neither here nor there, and at these prices we will be getting a HELL of a lot more than 3,000. The point is, the club have slashed prices for the fans, and yet you're still on the SWINDLE.

I know you're not bothered (obviously) and will go ahead and get your £5 ticket, and will probably get to see the game no problem. But please don't dress is up as if you're doing the club a favour by conning your way in on a child ticket.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The size of the crowd is neither here nor there, and at these prices we will be getting a HELL of a lot more than 3,000. The point it, the club have slashed prices for the fans, and yet you're still on the SWINDLE.

I know you're not bothered (obviously) and will go ahead and get your £5 ticket, and will probably get to see the game no problem. But please don't dress is up as if you're doing the club a favour by conning your way in on a child ticket.

This, basically.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
So the fact that the club accomodate you with a CRACKING deal for 23 games, gives you the moral right to stiff them on the other one?

And actually for me its pretty similar to normal games. For mine and my two kids, my ST works out roughly £18 + £5 + £1 = £24. For this one, its £10 + £5 + £5 = £20.

£18 down to £10, whereas mine is £6 up to £10.

Its Woking at home in the cup, If i can go for £5 ill go, but im not paying £10 because IMO its not worth it for a 17 year old, i'd rather work and save the money for an away game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Its Woking at home in the cup, If i can go for £5 ill go, but im not paying £10 because IMO its not worth it for a 17 year old, i'd rather work and save the money for an away game.

And my boy's is £1 up to £5. Which, if he wants to see the game, I'll have to pay.

And no-one says you have to go.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
The size of the crowd is neither here nor there, and at these prices we will be getting a HELL of a lot more than 3,000. The point is, the club have slashed prices for the fans, and yet you're still on the SWINDLE.

Don't get me wrong, i do get your point and i'm not idiot that makes a habit of this week in week out, as i love this club and the last thing i would want to do is stop giving money to the club! I have a season ticket at Withdean, as i have done for the last few seasons, and just don't particularly fancy paying ten pounds (although i admit its not a great deal) for a chance to see our reserves play some non-leaguers, something i can do for free every week at Lancing! I'm not having a go so apologies if it sounded that way, but i don't see the problem in giving the club more money than i intended, if it was a sell-out game, then ofcourse i would not do this as i know that people would be willing to pay that price

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
And my boy's is £1 up to £5. Which, if he wants to see the game, I'll have to pay.

And no-one says you have to go.

Nowhere did I say I have to go, simply that if I get a ticket for a fiver I probably will go, if not I wont. People are saying it's a great deal, well yes it is for adults, but if you fall between 15 and normal adult prices, its not really.

£10 is more than I pay for pretty much all away games, and this is Fa cup 1st round against Woking.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Nowhere did I say I have to go, simply that if I get a ticket for a fiver I probably will go, if not I wont. People are saying it's a great deal, well yes it is for adults, but if you fall between 15 and normal adult prices, its not really.

£10 is more than I pay for pretty much all away games, and this is Fa cup 1st round against Woking.

As a grown up, I can't believe you are arguing the toss over a whole fiver! My mrs is disabled but will sit in the south stand with me, does she ever get a cheap ticket - no she doesn't, get a grip will you!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

The season ticket price comparison (divided over a season) is a complete irrelevence. Thats been paid for up front already, thats your discount for doing it, so forget your £18 / £6 comparison. This is a cup game, and so has to be bought separately as though you were buying a 1-off league game ticket.

If I wanted a south stand ticket for a league game, I'd have to pay about £25, and you'd presumably have to pay around £17 for an U21 ticket. marking it down to £10 is still a pretty good deal if you ask me.

But then some people are always on the take for everything I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here