Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Anyone miss the Withdean days?

Obviously it's great having a new stadium but was there anything that brings back fond memories?

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I use to like hearing the Withdean roar from my house and the walk down towards the stadium with all the other Brighton fans, always got me in the mood. Plus, it was a lot easier than it is now coming back from games!

Still, wouldn't swap The Amex for the world.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Easy to say "not really", but that's not quite true. The early days were alright really. The buzz of being back in Brighton and battering Mansfield 6-0 in the glorious sunshine after a few years of being absolute toilet was pretty good fun. Quickly followed by back to back titles at Withers - have we ever managed that in our history?

And on a personal note, it was nice to be able to go as a match sponsor for about £120. The problem with Withdean is that we were there for about 8 years too long.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I miss it because I used to have a press pass there and could take pictures on the line. I was not shooting for a paper but just for myself. Was good fun.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I use to like hearing the Withdean roar from my house and the walk down towards the stadium with all the other Brighton fans, always got me in the mood. Plus, it was a lot easier than it is now coming back from games!

Still, wouldn't swap The Amex for the world.

Exactly the same reasoning for me.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
My folks live in Patcham - so I miss being able to leave the house at 2.40 and being in my seat at Withers
by 2.55.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
The only thing I miss is the gorgeous Alice who used to sell the withdean wager in the west stand...oh and chips and curry sauce

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
surrey albion,

West stand........was that the one sort of behind the goal where we put away supporters
to begin with? Crikey - I can hardly believe I had to think hard where that stand was.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Of course you wouldn't ever swap it for the Amex, but Withdean did have it's charms and I look back fondly on it now (except when it pissed it down)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
surrey albion,

West stand........was that the one sort of behind the goal where we put away supporters
to begin with? Crikey - I can hardly believe I had to think hard where that stand was.
No, it's the one six miles from the pitch. I think he means south stand.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
surrey albion,

You say that I did have to say in my head "north,East,South and West" to try and figure it out, I still remember my seat for all the years there though EK125 just not the stand lol

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
No, it's the one six miles from the pitch. I think he means south stand.

Thanks Notters it was South, the stand that would have been West if it was the AMEX or goldstone (Right hand side if you were standing behind the goal, I do have an odd logic but it makes sense to me)

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Quickly followed by back to back titles at Withers - have we ever managed that in our history?

We were only the 7th team to win back-to-back titles in different divisions of the Football League full stop! I really doubt we've won consecutive titles in the same division at any point.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I miss getting wet

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Ah, Withdean. The only place where the North Stand was the posh bit.

Had some good times there. My favourite has to be the Swindon play-off game.

Hated getting bloody soaked every time it rained and glad to see the back of it in the end, though. Looking back now, it was worth the wait to get what we've got now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here