Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Until a squirrel runs the length of the touchline during a night game at the Amex, Withdean will always be better.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
For me, the place runs the full gamut of emotions from A-Z and back again - from relief at returning to Brighton, the zeitgeist of the Zamora-led back-to-back championships, the foreboding of relegation, the nail-biting play-offs, the despair at the relegation surrender, the misery and darkness of the Adams mk2 era, through to the resplendent sunrise under Gus, knowing 'Home' was getting ever closer.

It twisted you about, tore you up, made you smile, got you soaked and kicked your teeth in - sometimes all at the same time - at a time when all the fighting and campaigning made you proud to be a Brighton fan, yet was a necessary, if irritating friend.

That's Withdean in a nutshell for me.

Grateful for it? Without doubt. Great memories? Oh yes. Miss it now? Give over.

Couldnt say it better myself !The Withdean years created its own history.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For me, the place runs the full gamut of emotions from A-Z and back again - from relief at returning to Brighton, the zeitgeist of the Zamora-led back-to-back championships, the foreboding of relegation, the nail-biting play-offs, the despair at the relegation surrender, the misery and darkness of the Adams mk2 era, through to the resplendent sunrise under Gus, knowing 'Home' was getting ever closer.

It twisted you about, tore you up, made you smile, got you soaked and kicked your teeth in - sometimes all at the same time - at a time when all the fighting and campaigning made you proud to be a Brighton fan, yet was a necessary, if irritating friend.

That's Withdean in a nutshell for me.

Grateful for it? Without doubt. Great memories? Oh yes. Miss it now? Give over.

That sums it all up but not forgetting the champagne when we got the go ahead for Falmer followed by the anger when the opponents appealed.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I miss freezing my bollocks off,getting soaked on a regular basis,matches frozen off,no atmosphere and in the bleak pre-Gus years,losing just about every home game.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Miss The Sportsman. Enjoyed being in a proper pub right next to the ground, standing in the garden bit on nicer days and watching the players warm up. Only thing I preferred about the place pretty much.

Do you go to many pubs?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do you go to many pubs?

I mean compared to Dick's Bar, which is a glorified conference room. Couldn't feel less like a pub if it tried.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I mean compared to Dick's Bar, which is a glorified conference room. Couldn't feel less like a pub if it tried.

I don't disagree with that. The Swan is pretty good, though.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Absolutely hated poxy Withdean. Would like it erased from my memory!

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea
The food at the Amex started off fine but has gone progressively downhill, particularly the burgers. Give me the old Withdean Sausage & Chips out of the van any day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here