Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean,what happens after Albion move ?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Are they going to keep the all the 'temporary' stands?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
3007104101_c364362f49.jpg

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Is the right answer

Way I understand it is/was when Whitehawks current owners became involved it was on the understanding that they were to move in once we vacated. Good luck to them, also nice to see that they currently have youth links with current Withdean sides.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Will be used for training,

Nope nowhere near big enough only got one pitch for starters. Expect they will take down the temp stands and use it for local games and athletics again

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Surely if either BHA or Whitehawk use i, floodlights, seating, etc can be downgraded to save running costs ?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Toys R Us and Burger King moving in?

Way I understand it is/was when Whitehawks current owners became involved it was on the understanding that they were to move in once we vacated. Good luck to them, also nice to see that they currently have youth links with current Withdean sides.

withdean dont have youth teams now! they are all hawks youth sides,i thought they were moving to withdean while the inclosed ground is developed? maybe wrong

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Are they going to keep the all the 'temporary' stands?

The actual Green seating everywhere except the south stand is on lease or hire, in years gone by the have been removed during the close season and used elsewhere, previously they have been used at st Andrews for the golf.
But IIRC this last close season they weren’t taken out.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Rookie; said:
Nope nowhere near big enough only got one pitch for starters

The first team train on it sometimes, I think they will still have that option if the manager wants it.

The actual Green seating everywhere except the south stand is on lease or hire, in years gone by the have been removed during the close season and used elsewhere, previously they have been used at st Andrews for the golf.
But IIRC this last close season they weren’t taken out.

The club bought the seats ages ago. It was more cost effective than renting when they knew Falmer wouldn't be built in the next couple of years.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why are whitehawk using Withers? Just out of interest but its nowhere near whitehawk.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Why are whitehawk using Withers? Just out of interest but its nowhere near whitehawk.

Just a guess but I think as they intend to rise through the football pyramid The enclosed ground isn't really suitable to be expanded much more than it is currently. It does make sense that it should be used by the local footballing community and good that we can leave some form of legacy behind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here