Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean planning application

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I've done it, copied and pasted it onto brightonfans.com and onto the official message board as well.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Feeling really blue about all this. Legal technicalities or no legal technicalities NOBODY is going to be dumb enough to throw the Albion out of Withdean in the current circumstances. I don't buy any person's line of "but the law says we could, and the end of the Albion is nigh part 256...." Bollocks. The law says whatever the tosser making it up want's it to say and this being such a sensitive issue even if "a ruling" said we'd have to go, a deal would be done behind closed doors, deep into extra time and we'd all breath a sigh of relief for the umpteenth time in the past decade. We're staying at Withdean until they find us another home. And yes I think we can be that complacent.

They're making mugs of us all once again and I'm not wasting another bloody stamp, email etc being a good little citizen and writing poxy letters to the politicians. We wrote letters years ago to get the Albion back, did they think that in the event of Politicians making such a pigs ear of it that we'd be there 5 years later that the same thousands of people would rather travel 150 miles for each game again? I'll carry on my usual vocal support for the team on Saturdays and IF it ever got that serious, well, we ought to stop being so soft, begin the revolution and get really nasty for a change. Charlton did and they got their Valley back. I mean it was against "the law" of the 3rd Reich to try and assassinate the Fuhrer but lets face it, the world would have bought Von Stauffenberg a great big ice cream if he'd succeeded. Not that I want to cause thousands of GCSE students to fail their exams this summer by saying that was his motive. But you get my where I'm coming from?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
portlock seagull said:
Feeling really blue about all this. Legal technicalities or no legal technicalities NOBODY is going to be dumb enough to throw the Albion out of Withdean in the current circumstances. I don't buy any person's line of "but the law says we could, and the end of the Albion is nigh part 256...." Bollocks. The law says whatever the tosser making it up want's it to say and this being such a sensitive issue even if "a ruling" said we'd have to go, a deal would be done behind closed doors, deep into extra time and we'd all breath a sigh of relief for the umpteenth time in the past decade. We're staying at Withdean until they find us another home. And yes I think we can be that complacent.

They're making mugs of us all once again and I'm not wasting another bloody stamp, email etc being a good little citizen and writing poxy letters to the politicians. We wrote letters years ago to get the Albion back, did they think that in the event of Politicians making such a pigs ear of it that we'd be there 5 years later that the same thousands of people would rather travel 150 miles for each game again? I'll carry on my usual vocal support for the team on Saturdays and IF it ever got that serious, well, we ought to stop being so soft, begin the revolution and get really nasty for a change. Charlton did and they got their Valley back. I mean it was against "the law" of the 3rd Reich to try and assassinate the Fuhrer but lets face it, the world would have bought Von Stauffenberg a great big ice cream if he'd succeeded. Not that I want to cause thousands of GCSE students to fail their exams this summer by saying that was his motive. But you get my where I'm coming from?
How long did that take? It took me 30 seconds to register my comments? Sorry, who did you say was the mug? :jester:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Simster, you've written enough crap down the years on this site to publish a book if anyone was "mug" enough to buy it. Unlike you, I am not one to constanly air their opinions every day or even week on every subject regardless. So don't start lecturing me about writing a couple of paragraphs on here.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
portlock seagull said:
Simster, you've written enough crap down the years on this site to publish a book if anyone was "mug" enough to buy it. Unlike you, I am not one to constanly air their opinions every day or even week on every subject regardless. So don't start lecturing me about writing a couple of paragraphs on here.
Don't get arsey - I was just making the point that you could have just got on with it instead of posting all that!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Sorry Simster, the fever is calming down. If you want to read the shortened version I should have written "Don't think it'll make any difference". But don't you just want to get really ANGRY aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh with those NIMBYS aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh (fever's back)???!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
portlock seagull said:
Sorry Simster, the fever is calming down. If you want to read the shortened version I should have written "Don't think it'll make any difference". But don't you just want to get really ANGRY aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh with those NIMBYS aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh (fever's back)???!!
What pisses me off is the fact that we have all this crap because of one bloke and a technicality.

But I've spent the last 8 years consoling myself that all this has made the club and fans as strong and well organised as it has ever been. Just hope it's all worth it in the end.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
make sure me an others with me do this 2moro :angry: :angry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Done it

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I agree with Portlock and Simster. I've done my 30 seconds of registering but I am also sick and tired of these one off NIMBYS being able to pay their way into the High Court and cause havoc for us yet again.

If this bloke has so much money to throw away he should donate it to a charity instead of keeping lawyers well paid taking football clubs and the council to court.

I want a ground and I want it now. I feel like going and causing havoc occastionally just to get our cause well publicised. I don't mean an odd paragraph or a few column inches here and there but something that hits the headlines.

I'd do a similar thing to the Fathers like climbing Big Ben but I can't stand heights :eek:

I won't though cos this is just the wine talking but there are times when I get tempted, really really tempted.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
OK Yorkie we'll chain ourselve to the Swan - who's going to buy the first round ?

Err what happens when nature calls :p

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut said:
OK Yorkie we'll chain ourselve to the Swan - who's going to buy the first round ?

Err what happens when nature calls :p

Ill get Ned to bring round some plastic bags. He can get the rounds in too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
Ill get Ned to bring round some plastic bags. He can get the rounds in too.

Right nature sorted when shall we do the deed :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut said:
Right nature sorted when shall we do the deed :lolol:

I'll sort it out with you. (preferably when it's not quite so cold) Needless to say the plastic bags would be emptied into Falmer pond :lol:

Oct 5, 2003
""without these permissions there is the possibility that the club could not fulfil its fixtures (including the last match of this season) and so be expelled from the Football League."
"

so DICK TIGHT really has brought the club into a state of despair!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
FG aka FOOTBALL GENIUS said:
""without these permissions there is the possibility that the club could not fulfil its fixtures (including the last match of this season) and so be expelled from the Football League."
"

so DICK TIGHT really has brought the club into a state of despair!

Not really the time or place for this - mind you anything you say is crap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here