Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Coppell

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • McGhee

Votes: 19 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Icy Gull said:
Adams was still fumbling around at the wrong end of the same division as us the last time I looked.

And Peter Taylor too despite having the set-up behind him that we couldn't offer him. But heigh-ho, what price loyalty towards a manager who not only got us up to tier two but kept us up - a double success that not even the records of Adams, Coppell and Taylor ALL COMBINED can top.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have been blessed with a few good managers in recent years.

(Well done Dick) and a couple of er, not-so-good ones!

I was going to vote MA but I have plumped for Coppell, just!

Oct 25, 2003
coppell was probably the most talented but didn't really do anything for us in the long term

adams built a very strong side which was good enough to win 2 championships, and many of whom won a play off final

taylor did a job but thats all, he basically carried on where MA left off and didn't build for the long term

Mcghee has had f*** all to work with and has got us up and kept us up, not sure what he's doing this season, seems to have gone a bit mental, BUT he has helped build long term by selling players for a good profit and bringing through some EXCELLENT young players(where was virgo pre-mcghee anyone?)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Has to be McGhee much as I agree that Adams was a Brighton legend. But MM has
a) taken us to our highest position in the last 15 years
b) Worked with considerable fewer resources than MA (we were one of the better payers in Div 3, which made easier to attract players) but still managed to avoid being adrift in this division or going into debt
c) Demonstrated loyalty by saying that he wanted to with us at Falmer (although I agree that was part-prompted by his poor record before joining us)
d) Most importantly of all, has developed a fine crop of youngsters. We're going to see the benefits of that in years to come.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Uncle Spielberg said:
Technically and results wise Taylor is the best manager whether you like to admit it is another matter.

Funnily enough if you check the database of games to wins Martin Hinshelwood has the best record.
When he was in charge for two games in an interim period - played two won two so 100% :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here