• McGhee

Votes: 19 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
But then the to most people it is just a job, it is the same with players, some come here as a stepping stone and it is the same thing with managers. Both Taylor and Adams used us to move on. McGhee seems not to be, maybe that is loyalty, maybe that is because nobody else will employ him.

Anyone who wants to leave should go, Adams hasn't really benefitted long term but hey ho I'm with DK on this. If anyone wants to go let 'em and if we get compensation even better.

Let's not stick on the rose coloured glasses everytime we have a hiccup in a higher division than any of the others managed to get to AND stay in though.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Richie Morris said:
I am sure if better clubs came knocking McGhee would be off like a shot.

It's not like he dosnt have a history of doing that is it..?

Unlike the blessed St Micky f***ing off AND openly touting himself around for a better job while still managing us. Or Coppell f***ing off. Or Peter Taylor. Or, for that matter, Brian Horton. McGhee's shown a load more loyalty than any of those "legends".

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Man of Harveys said:
Unlike the blessed St Micky f***ing off AND openly touting himself around for a better job while still managing us. Or Coppell f***ing off. Or Peter Taylor. Or, for that matter, Brian Horton. McGhee's shown a load more loyalty than any of those "legends".

Agree:clap:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Man of Harveys said:

Is it loyalty, or were Adams, Taylor and Coppell seem as good bets and something other clubs want? where as McGhee is viewed in some circles as tarnished goods due to his antics at Reading and Leicester? I doubt any clubs would come calling for him at present (Dundee Utd need a new manager Mr McGhee), but if he were to depart from us, the chances are he would drop down a level or 2 rather than go on to a bigger club. The whole Knight thing cannot have helped either, the way it has been in the press and the coach incident (whether or not it happened).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Adams was still fumbling around at the wrong end of the same division as us the last time I looked. Are all those who voted for him seriously telling me we wouldn't be in the same position or worse with him in charge now?

Last edited:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Richie Morris said:
How has McGhee shown more loyalty? Do you know of any time when he could have realistically got a better job?

I agree, how has he shown more loyalty, have Man U offered him the job after Fergerson or something? What has he turned down?

I don't blame managers for leaving, as long as they don't leave us in the shite. Adams left us in a good position, as did Taylor and Coppell.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Richie Morris said:
How has McGhee shown more loyalty? Do you know of any time when he could have realistically got a better job?

No - but then again I'm not actually his agent.

But, unlike Micky Adams, he hasn't been gobbing off to the papers about feeling "very disappointed" when missing out on some big appointment or other, unless I've missed it. On the contrary: since the beginning, he's made it clear that he's wanted a long term future with us and that he wants to lead us out at Falmer. I admit, he did have a bad reputation for walking out before joining us but I've not seen a sign of it since.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Man of Harveys said:

Brian Horton left us to go to Port Vale because he lives in Cheshire and his wife has a career of her own she is headmistress of a school. He was able to commute between his home and Stoke daily is it wrong to want to be with your family.

He also started the turn around of this club playing wise.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
n1 gull said:
I agree, how has he shown more loyalty, have Man U offered him the job after Fergerson or something? What has he turned down?

I don't blame managers for leaving, as long as they don't leave us in the shite. Adams left us in a good position, as did Taylor and Coppell.

So managers should try and do the best they can? I totally agree.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Man of Harveys said:
No - but then again I'm not actually his agent.

But, unlike Micky Adams, he hasn't been gobbing off to the papers about feeling "very disappointed" when missing out on some big appointment or other, unless I've missed it. On the contrary: since the beginning, he's made it clear that he's wanted a long term future with us and that he wants to lead us out at Falmer. I admit, he did have a bad reputation for walking out before joining us but I've not seen a sign of it since.

Are you sure you're not his agent?

I agree Micky had a bee in his bonnet and did go on an on about being hard done by. I presume that goes back to the days when he got stiched up at Fulham.
MM hasn't got anything to prove, the chances of him getting a Premiership job are very unlikely.

If he carries on like he is at the moment, he'll have another chance in Division 1, which is probably more his level.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Why even ask that question. It has to be Micky Adams.
I would rate him as THE best Albion manager, not just at the Withdean

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Adams did the most for the club, Coppell is actually the best manager though.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
coppell

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Had to go for a legend. Contrary to LI's thoughts I believe the Yanks know a winner when they see one.

I witnessed the whole of Customs and Security at Orlando International Airport giving our Bob an ovation when he landed on their soil. They are used to real celebrities in their neck of the woods, so who am I not to recognise the genius?

Bob Booker is The King.

PS Little Legs Adams arrived a day later and not a murmur. He went through the airport without being noticed.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here