• McGhee

Votes: 19 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
I reckon you'll have similar remorse about your McGhee booing too in years to come :D

Maybe, I doubt it though.

Lloyd was working with a board that were trying to run the club down and was never popular, due to the way he had been put into the job.

Although Withdean is a pain, things are much more stable now than they were 15 years ago.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
someone mentioned Barry Lloyd:lolol: he destroyed alot of what was good with his attempts at unearthing the next Ian Wright from non league football.....geoff cooper , richard tiltman to name but 2 . . .shocking bloke

Voted Adams due to 2 championships

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
n1 gull said:
How the hell has McGhee got 6 votes. Absolutely beyond me.
Promotion (having finished higher than when he took over)
Keeping us up last season despite clearing a net £1.8m in transfer profit to date.
Possibly losing the plot this season, we'll have to see.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Dougal said:
someone mentioned Barry Lloyd:lolol: he destroyed alot of what was good with his attempts at unearthing the next Ian Wright from non league football.....geoff cooper , richard tiltman to name but 2 . . .shocking bloke

Voted Adams due to 2 championships

I do not disagree. When he went after that game at Port Vale in 1993 I was very pleased. For all the Nelson, Byrne and Small's there were some shockers in there and paying money for Farrington....

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Got to be Adam's with the way he managed to drag us from a bottom half 3rd division team to the winning the league and setting us on our way to the winning div 2. I remember watching us at Gillingham and just hoping that I'd see us play in the then Division 1 anytime in my life. Now we're in our 3rd season there and I think most of the credit must go to Micky Adams :bowdown:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
come on ...own up...who put mcgeee:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:
The real answer is of course McGhee - highest finish in the league structure.

FACT
Pull your tongue out of the guys arse for just a second.

He'd be no higher on that list than 3rd and way behind Adams & Coppell and maybe even Taylor.

FACT

Yoda

English & European
Coppell. OK, he failed to keep us up in the end but, we went down with pride AND set a good foundation for McGhee to get us back up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yoda said:
Coppell. OK, he failed to keep us up in the end but, we went down with pride AND set a good foundation for McGhee to get us back up.

What foundation? Leon, who was an excellent gamble I agree but who else?????

A semi fit goalkeeper and two old crocks I believe.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Voted Mcghee as he's had it a lot tougher...if he keeps us up this year then he deserves.

Will always love Micky though

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
The team that was left was still Adams core if you look at it.

Coppell had added Knight and Roberts to it and brought Butters back in, I guess Rehman was still on loan, just, but he was a bit hot and cold when playing for us.

exactly, this Coppell worship pisses me off, he used us and we didn't really benefit at all long term. He is an excellent manager but his legacy here is not the way some people are now interpreting it.

To put him in front of McGhee is a joke imo

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
exactly, this Coppell worship pisses me off, he used us and we didn't really benefit at all long term. He is an excellent manager but his legacy here is not the way some people are now interpreting it, imo

But then the to most people it is just a job, it is the same with players, some come here as a stepping stone and it is the same thing with managers. Both Taylor and Adams used us to move on. McGhee seems not to be, maybe that is loyalty, maybe that is because nobody else will employ him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here