Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean Boycott

Billy the Fish said:
What a f***ing shit thread.
Why don't people understand that there is another world away from the albion. I didn't renew my season ticket the year we won the division 2 title, my reason: I just didn't enjoy it anymore. Most of my mates had stopped going and I was sitting on my own, mainly amongst a load of blue rinse and bobble hat brigade who went every week but didn't have a clue about football. I only go to away games and withdean a couple of games a season now. Does this mean I'm not 'proper' albion now?

Not at all. But that's not a boycott is it?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Billy the Fish said:
Why don't people understand that there is another world away from the albion. I didn't renew my season ticket the year we won the division 2 title, my reason: I just didn't enjoy it anymore. Most of my mates had stopped going and I was sitting on my own, mainly amongst a load of blue rinse and bobble hat brigade who went every week but didn't have a clue about football. I only go to away games and withdean a couple of games a season now. Does this mean I'm not 'proper' albion now?

But you're not BOYCOTTING because you want a manager to leave are you.

I'm sure there are plenty of people like you who stop going because it's not entertaining or whatever but they don't attempt to disguise it as a stand against the current team management.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
jonny.rainbow said:
But you're not BOYCOTTING because you want a manager to leave are you.

I'm sure there are plenty of people like you who stop going because it's not entertaining or whatever but they don't attempt to disguise it as a stand against the current team management.
Fair enough. This is a bit of a silly arguement then.

E

enigma

I am what you would call an occasional supporter. I dont go very often as money is tight at the moment, but ideally I would go about 4-5 times a season, home or away.

I choose to go to matches to SUPPORT the team, nothing more, nothing less. I dont care who the management is or what division we are in, I go to see BHA and SUPPORT them.

Last edited by a moderator:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
eastlondonseagull said:
It's you who's planning this boycott, innit David? ??? We won't miss you if you do decide to stay away, fella, cos you don't bloody open your mouth when you're there anyway :p

Dont get a chance to thanks to the bald bastard with bad fitting jackets who sits down the front constantly piping up:p :lolol:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Yorkie said:
Why all the fuss and debate because one person doesn't like McGhee?
It's his choice.
There will be some who didn't like Coppell (at least two that I know of) and some who won't like a future manager.
Really not worth starting a thread over (unless of course there is another agenda)

No agenda Yorkie. Was just annoyed that fans of the club say they will not go because of one person. At the end of the day if more people think like this person at work then the club will start losing more and more money ( yes i know we already are ) until we end up folding.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Billy the Fish said:

Edit: Has already been explained

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
While I would never not go becaus of mcghee i would stop going if the football was dire and at the moment it is.
And before you say "but your a spurs fan" Some Brighton fans will start thinking like this as well, also do you honestly think withers is full of die hard brighton?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
KinkyNormanBaker said:
While I would never not go becaus of mcghee i would stop going if the football was dire and at the moment it is.
And before you say "but your a spurs fan" Some Brighton fans will start thinking like this as well, also do you honestly think withers is full of die hard brighton?

Yes, why else would they go ?

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I'm missing a few away games at the moment as i'm fed up with the quality (or lack of it) and don't think i'm getting my moneys worth, plus apart from coventry haveing a new ground i have already been to the all the other grounds in this division so i'm not missing anything new. I'm going to go to every home game left this season (as i have a season ticket so seems silly not too) but would still buy home tickets as the money is going to the club, where as the club is getting nothing from our away games so apart from my vocal support at games, that is all the club are going to be missing from me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here