Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean Boycott

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...there must be part of this equation that I am missing, by not going to Withdean and cheering my team on I am actually helping them...:censored:

sleepynick

Sep 1, 2004
Saigon, Vietnam
FFS - this is getting ridiculous.

Very few if any of the problems of this club will not be solved by sacking McGhee, even if it was on the cards, which its not.

He got us on up, kept us up and can still keep us up again. Until the judicial review issue is resolved there is not the money to attract players that will improve the squad.

Hopefully your mate may well be boycotting Withdean for a long time - good ridance!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
BRIGHT ON Q said:
someone i was speaking too today who has been a season ticket holder for 30 years is NOT renewing.The club must not take it for granted that fans will renew.

I find this hard to believe (unless there are other reasons). I can't believe that someone was happy to support the club in the Archer/Belotti/Case era and during Priestfield but won't support them now.

The football we're playing now is many, many, many times better than it was just seven or eight years ago.

As for BMF's mate: Brighton is like other clubs: it has a mixture of diehard supporters, regular supporters, occasional supporters and glory hunters. That won't change: the diehards will follow the club through thick and thin, the loss of an occasional supporter is scarcely worth worrying about.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Gwylan said:
I find this hard to believe (unless there are other reasons). I can't believe that someone was happy to support the club in the Archer/Belotti/Case era and during Priestfield but won't support them now.

The football we're playing now is many, many, many times better than it was just seven or eight years ago.

As for BMF's mate: Brighton is like other clubs: it has a mixture of diehard supporters, regular supporters, occasional supporters and glory hunters. That won't change: the diehards will follow the club through thick and thin, the loss of an occasional supporter is scarcely worth worrying about.

Thats bull - you start losing the occasional supports you are in trouble

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I will only go to Withdean, when DK unveils Mourinho, as manager. :jester:

I guess it is left to the faithful that turn up, week in and week out, to keep the club from going under.

Don't like McGhee? Pathetic excuse to stop watching Brighton. Looks as if they were looking for an excuse anyway.

Get behind the team :clap: :clap: :clap: :albion:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Gwylan said:

Firstly can I say that he is not a mate, just someone that works for the same company as me. secondly, I would say he has been to more games than most of the people on here so would not really cal him a part time supporter.

It is worrying that supporters are not going due to their dislike of certain staff and I think it is wrong to miss games because of this. I also think it is rong for those that do not go because they hate Withdean. if eveyone had that attitude we would not get anyone at home games:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
B.M.F said:
Firstly can I say that he is not a mate, just someone that works for the same company as me. secondly, I would say he has been to more games than most of the people on here so would not really cal him a part time supporter.

It is worrying that supporters are not going due to their dislike of certain staff and I think it is wrong to miss games because of this. I also think it is rong for those that do not go because they hate Withdean. if eveyone had that attitude we would not get anyone at home games:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Agree entirely :thumbsup:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
This club is in serious financial difficulties. When all is said and done it is our club. The stance of boycotting matches is pathetic, disloyal and ultimately highly destructive.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
IMO if you are the sort of person who cares enough about a club that you believe the manager should leave you will also be the sort of person who will stick with the club through thick and thin.

Withdean Boycott. ??? Interesting that. He hasn't decided to boycott other games at purpose built stadiums, just Withdean.

IMO Not a real fan and nothing to get worried about.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
jonny.rainbow said:
IMO if you are the sort of person who cares enough about a club that you believe the manager should leave you will also be the sort of person who will stick with the club through thick and thin.

Withdean Boycott. ??? Interesting that. He hasn't decided to boycott other games at purpose built stadiums, just Withdean.

IMO Not a real fan and nothing to get worried about.

do non real fans have not real money?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm boycotting the burgers.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
You either have Blue and White stripes in your blood or not. Having supported The Albion through old Divisions 1- 4 plus Div 3 South and now the Championship stuff, I've seen a lot worse times than this.
IMHO if you think you are justified in depriving OUR club of your money and support then don't claim to be a true supporter.

:nono:

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Gaffer said:
You either have Blue and White stripes in your blood or not. Having supported The Albion through old Divisions 1- 4 plus Div 3 South and now the Championship stuff, I've seen a lot worse times than this.
IMHO if you think you are justified in depriving OUR club of your money and support then don't claim to be a true supporter.

:nono:

Spot on :clap: :clap: :clap:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I hope the boycotters enjoyed their day out at Cardiff, or Selhurst. I'm sure they'll be back for the next big game, regardless whether MM is still the boss.

I hope he is - and not just because the alternative is some two bob "ambitious" but unemployed non starter.

Up the Albion

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I really can't believe there'll be many people thinking like this. Virtually every Albion fan I know has nothing but praise for McGhee and the job he's done so far. OK, there are some dissenting voices here and on the phone-in but I don't think the for/anti split is representative. The silent majority recognise that we've done well to be in this division and, given our relative lack of resources, are doing well not to be adrift at the bottom.

The anti-mcghee brigade is definitely a case of empty vessels making the loudest noise!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here