Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean Boycott

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
trueblue said:
I don't think the for/anti split is representative.

It appears the same to me, but in the other direction. Of those I speak to away from NSC, it must be 50/50, if not a greater number against McGhee.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Gaffer said:

IMHO if you think you are justified in depriving OUR club of your money and support then don't claim to be a true supporter.

Bollocks, quite frankly. If you choose not to put your money into the club, so be it - people do have lives away from football, which just occasionally have to take precedence. If you've got conflicting priorities, the quality of entertainment at Withdean is going to be a factor in deciding whether or not to stump up the hefty fee.

Hey, maybe I'm just not a "true supporter" ... although if that's the case, I can't imagine what I was doing at Gillingham for all those games ...

Repugnant Toad said:
although if that's the case, I can't imagine what I was doing at Gillingham for all those games ...

You were having the time of your life, surely? You've gone on record as saying you prefer the football we played when we were 91st in the league at Gillingham to the kind of football we play now that beats Palace and Leeds. What logic got you to that view, f*** knows, but that's what you said! :D

And as for saying someone who throws the towel in now is as big a supporter of the team than the fans who will be gathering loyally to lift the team in these last 14 games, what are you on?

What gets me is that we have a huge challenge ahead us, one where the odds probably are stacked against us now. But isn't that what sport is all about? Isn't that nervous fear and excitement about what awaits is the very stuff of what being a supporter is all about?

One half of me will be sick with dread as we turn up for this Saturday's "cup final". The other half will be exhilarated in the knowledge that the game could be another death or glory moment for us like the Swindon semi or the Ipswich final game of last season.

Bring it on! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
im sure i speak for a lot of albion fans when i say i will go week in week out home and away what ever division we are in!. like many i went through the the dull depressing archer and priestfield days and no matter how bad things are at the mo they aint anywhere near to that .we are just looking like we're heading back to league 1 depressing yer but hardly the end of the world! im not anti mcghee not convinced he's the right man either,i do think maybe a change of face and fresh ideas maybe good and what we could do with though but no matter how bad a managers doing i'd never consider boycotting unless it was desperate very desperate (mansfield desperate) the team needs the support to try and stop the ineveratable !

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
You were having the time of your life, surely? You've gone on record as saying you prefer the football we played when we were 91st in the league at Gillingham to the kind of football we play now that beats Palace and Leeds. What logic got you to that view, f*** knows, but that's what you said!

I said it was more entertaining. Slight difference, but let's get the right words. And fear not, I'll be there on Saturday releasing balloons, blowing five different whistles and throwing roses at the players ... I just find this old good fan/bad fan thing a fraction tiresome.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Repugnant Toad said:
Bollocks, quite frankly. If you choose not to put your money into the club, so be it - people do have lives away from football, which just occasionally have to take precedence. If you've got conflicting priorities, the quality of entertainment at Withdean is going to be a factor in deciding whether or not to stump up the hefty fee.

Hey, maybe I'm just not a "true supporter" ... although if that's the case, I can't imagine what I was doing at Gillingham for all those games ...

Ok. I agree that sometimes events will conspire to make turning up at Withdean a low priority. However, I do not understand how folk who support the Club start talking about a boycott just because we are having a tough time football wise. If all the "fans" did this there would be no club.

We have seen many bad games over the years but that's what you sign up for when you support the Albion. If you want to watch football where your team is always top dog then it's currently off to Stamford Bridge, but that will never be the same for someone who has grown up supporting the Albion.

A boycott by supporters? No thanks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If this person is an NSC poster and is trying to get a boycott going maybe he should out himself on here? What better place to suggest a boycott if he/she has the courage of their convictions.

Who are ya????

f***ing useless idea if you're not gonna try and find participants on the board of the club you want us to boycott

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
B.M.F said:
Was talking to a member of NSC today at work and he said that he is not going to go to Withdean again until MM is sacked. My thoughts on this are that no matter what you think of the personnel at the club you should still attend to support the club as, after all, that is what you call yourself.
Not going to name him but wondered what others views are on this.

I think you will find that, by default, that is already happening. Because of the shit football we are playing, and the club's failure to bring-in fresh players, the fans are voting with their feet and staying away.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Whats the use in boycotting matches because you disagree with the manager? If you are a true supporter then you're dedicated to the club and follow them through thick and thin.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Withdean Boycott

3gulls said:
I think you will find that, by default, that is already happening. Because of the shit football we are playing, and the club's failure to bring-in fresh players, the fans are voting with their feet and staying away.

Sounds like a very lame excuse to stop shelling out money. Did they really expect us to bring in lots of new players? They will be back, when we have Falmer and perhaps even moaning and groaing that they didnt get a ticket and how they put up with Withdean for years, compared to all these "newbies".

I will never stop coming to watch Brighton, whether they be languishing in the lower leagues or fighting off relegation from the Championship.

You can guarantee most of them will try and get tickets for the last game of the season, if there was a potential last day survival scenario.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
seagullsovergrimsby said:
Whats the use in boycotting matches because you disagree with the manager? If you are a true supporter then you're dedicated to the club and follow them through thick and thin.

You are right. Unfortunately, only a small minority of people who "support" a team or watch matches are that loyal.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Repugnant Toad said:
It appears the same to me, but in the other direction. Of those I speak to away from NSC, it must be 50/50, if not a greater number against McGhee.
Can't agree. Even on here, there is a 70/30 split in favour of McGhee. Other than that I don't know anyone who wants him out.

And he's not going anyway, which means the BMF's 'mate' is going to miss out, but that's his problem.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
what a twat , obviously not a real albion fan and probably regularly uses the following excuses when justifying not going

can't get through to ticket line
its a bit cold/hot/windy/wet for football
the gog ate my homework

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
B.M.F said:
Was talking to a member of NSC today at work and he said that he is not going to go to Withdean again until MM is sacked. My thoughts on this are that no matter what you think of the personnel at the club you should still attend to support the club as, after all, that is what you call yourself.
Not going to name him but wondered what others views are on this.

You should show your work mate this thread. He'll either realise the error of his ways or it will just confirm that he is a grade A tosser.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
:nono: :nono: :nono:

Fair weather fans at their very best!

Just take step back from the past few results and have a look at the big picture. The club are pushing way above our weight at the moment and we still have a chance of staying up in the second tier of English football for god sake! Get behind the team for f*** sake!

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What a f***ing shit thread.
Why don't people understand that there is another world away from the albion. I didn't renew my season ticket the year we won the division 2 title, my reason: I just didn't enjoy it anymore. Most of my mates had stopped going and I was sitting on my own, mainly amongst a load of blue rinse and bobble hat brigade who went every week but didn't have a clue about football. I only go to away games and withdean a couple of games a season now. Does this mean I'm not 'proper' albion now?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Why all the fuss and debate because one person doesn't like McGhee?
It's his choice.
There will be some who didn't like Coppell (at least two that I know of) and some who won't like a future manager.
Really not worth starting a thread over (unless of course there is another agenda)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here