Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Winning v Leading Pet Hates

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Its not as prevalent as a couple of years ago but people saying 'Kinda' as in I kinda think that's not a good idea. Also super this and super that as in its super expensive etc etc

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Everyone now starting to not pronounce their T's as in ge**ing, Bri**ish, its driving me up the wall as everyone's doing it, even well spoken tv presenters.

Priti Patel has a hugely annoying tendency to not pronounce the ‘g’ on ‘ing’ words. Gettin’ on my tits it is.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Its not as prevalent as a couple of years ago but people saying 'Kinda' as in I kinda think that's not a good idea. Also super this and super that as in its super expensive etc etc

The yanks still do it continually. It was "created" across the pond many years ago and they are brought up to use it all the time. Top UK golfers who live and play in the US, such as Justin Rose, have picked up the unfortunate habit. "off of" is also entrenched in Justin's vocabulary now.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
It does my nut that they don`t class a shot off the woodwork as a shot on target , the target is the goal , the posts and crossbar are the very definition of the goal:shrug:

I have to disagree with you. The target is the space between and underneath the posts and crossbar. The posts and crossbar are definitely not the target. Perhaps thats where we are going wrong, the players are told hitting the woodwork is on target and thats what they are aiming for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here