Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will you Grow your Hair Out or Will You Do it Yourself?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm blond highlights away from appearing in Tiger King.

Sadly I will never have the thatch of my hero Davy.

No heft. :down:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yep. Bought clippers from amazon two weeks ago. Took the plunge over the weekend. Looks fine*. Feels miles better.

*looks fine, taking account of I did it myself! If I’d paid a tenner for it, I’d be dissapointed!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
One of my colleagues bought some clippers. He usually has a number 2, so set it at 2. Only to find that this meant 2mm - and once he found that out it was too late!

Yes I wondered about the settings ...fortunately i have a very short haircut anyway.....got mine for £18 at the beginning of March...bargain

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yep. Bought clippers from amazon two weeks ago. Took the plunge over the weekend. Looks fine*. Feels miles better.

*looks fine, taking account of I did it myself! If I’d paid a tenner for it, I’d be dissapointed!

Yep, same here. I even got some good feedback from some of my friends, although it's hard to look closely at it on a video call. I did find myself spotting bits I'd missed over the following few days and digging out the scissors to tidy things up.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
One of my colleagues bought some clippers. He usually has a number 2, so set it at 2. Only to find that this meant 2mm - and once he found that out it was too late!

I normally have a grade 2 or 3 back and sides. Got the missus to cut mine yesterday, I told her to start on 8 on my clippers to test it first, bloody glad I did based on exactly what you just stated!

Jan 30, 2008
Great head of hair here , wavy, still keeping its shape having been clippered back and sides, hair bears eat your hearts out
Regards
DF

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Sheared all mine off 3 weeks ago to half a mm all over - Already grown to about 5-6mm - Looks and feels good, plus saved a tenner to the bargain

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Starting to look a right mess

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I spent a while doing the back and sides today from setting 9 to setting 3 on my Braun. Back and sides look Grrrrreat! (as Tony the Tiger used to say), but the top is a bit wanky. I may have to go the Full Grealish in a few weeks. And I don't mean Tony.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I normally have a grade 2 or 3 back and sides. Got the missus to cut mine yesterday, I told her to start on 8 on my clippers to test it first, bloody glad I did based on exactly what you just stated!

Do you mean your hair is actually listed? Don't you need to get written consent from the relevant authorities before carrying out any alterations.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I spent a while doing the back and sides today from setting 9 to setting 3 on my Braun. Back and sides look Grrrrreat! (as Tony the Tiger used to say), but the top is a bit wanky. I may have to go the Full Grealish in a few weeks. And I don't mean Tony.

I had no idea he died of cancer in 2013. Only 56. Out of curiosity I googled him after reading your post to see what he was up to now.
Belated RIP.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I had no idea he died of cancer in 2013. Only 56. Out of curiosity I googled him after reading your post to see what he was up to now.
Belated RIP.

Crap. :down:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
dfe77583a7a9fc1847a75292686eecbf_400x400.jpeg

Im slowly starting to turn into some kind of cave animal... havent shaved in weeks (why bother) and my hair is reaching UK prime minister levels of disorder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here