Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will you Grow your Hair Out or Will You Do it Yourself?

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Keeping the beard trimmed as it gets too much grey in there when it grows out. Hair is being kept under control by wax at the moment but starting to look more like Nish Kumar every day.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
2FAFA06B-C34D-463F-A9CC-8153A63C26DD.jpeg

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
One of my colleagues bought some clippers. He usually has a number 2, so set it at 2. Only to find that this meant 2mm - and once he found that out it was too late!

I always thought the number aways represented the amount of mm the cut was ??

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
No, they usually have both marked on them though.

I was nearly right !

Number 1 – one-eighth of an inch
Number 2 – one-quarter of an inch
Number 3 – three-eighths of an inch
Number 4 – one-half of an inch
Number 5 – five-eighths of an inch
Number 6 – three-quarters of an inch
Number 7 – seven-eighths of an inch
Number 8 – one inch

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I'm getting my Mrs to do mine with the dog (ex dog) clippers.......got to be resourceful.
Done mine, shortest haircut I have ever had. Was going to get the wife to do it but I started it and found it easy. Used the (ex) dog clippers without a comb/guard and it almost as good as a shave, wife just tidied up the stray hairs behind my ears:D Job done, looks good.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I had a go at mine last Saturday with clippers - took off too much, too far up at the back, so I've got a very high line now.

See how a second go next week pans out, but I think I'll end up going skinhead until barbers ever reopen.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Done mine, shortest haircut I have ever had. Was going to get the wife to do it but I started it and found it easy. Used the (ex) dog clippers without a comb/guard and it almost as good as a shave, wife just tidied up the stray hairs behind my ears:D Job done, looks good.

Same here, except I used my beard trimmer clippers!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My beard is coming along, but I'm off to do a DIY skinhead and a possible wet shave afterwards. I'll be the weediest Tyson Fury lookalike ever.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Any tips? I'm concerned about the neck.

Got some remington clippers on amazon for a tenner on Sunday. They're now £50 :-o

Zero on the neck. Whatever number you like for the rest.

Zero all over, keep it simple.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm quite enjoying letting mine grow... should look a total mess in a months time :)

I had my hair cut New Years Eve.

I'm a reluctant hair cut patient, so when I need a cut I really need a hair cut.

I finally went to the barbers but Stacey wasn't working so I went home, thinking I'll go tomorrow.
It turns that was...

... Lock Down Eve. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had my hair cut New Years Eve.

I'm a reluctant hair cut patient, so when I need a cut I really need a hair cut.

I finally went to the barbers but Stacey wasn't working so I went home, thinking I'll go tomorrow.
It turns that was...

... Lock Down Eve. :lolol:
Nice bit of symmetry.

Just back from my barbers having had my second (2) haircut of the year to news that we're ostensibly in Tier 4.

It would seem my hair and Covid are somehow linked.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm on to my second hair clippers of the pandemic. The battery on the first ones no longer holds any charge. I got 3 cuts out of them which still works out cheaper than 3 trips to the barber.

I've replaced the cheap Amazon clippers with slightly less cheap Amazon clippers.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Better buy your hair clippers early. During the first lockdown, prices rocketed. I got skinned twice, and only once by the clippers.

Wahl are probably the best.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
My good lady wife booked in for a Christmas Eve 9am fleecing with the corded cutters.

Have to look presentable for Santa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here