Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will you continue to wear a mask after the 19th?

Mask after the 19th?

• Yes, particularly in enclosed public places.

Votes: 270 58.8%
  • Nope, I'm ditching it.

Votes: 31 6.8%
  • Depends on the situation.

Votes: 158 34.4%

• Total voters

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Too much self righteousness on this thread.

If someone wants to wear a mask, then great. If they don't, then that's fine too.

Masks are now 100% optional. People do their bit to remain respectful to public health in different ways. Mask wearing is just one way they can do that.

Most shops are politely requesting that you wear a mask for 'the benefit of staff and other customers'

For most people wearing a mask in shops/public transport is a very minor thing to do, especially as we are all used to it now, so when asked politely, we'll do it.

You seem to hate it, for whatever reason (so far you haven't explained what it is that makes it so bad for you as far as I can see). And of course, now that it's not mandatory, it's your choice.

So for most of us we'll make the choice to carry on when asked to do so (or if we feel more comfortable personally). And you'll make the choice not to. I understand all of that.

What I don;t understand is your desire to come on here and make such a big thing of NOT wearing a mask in shops You seem to have a wder agenda than just making your own personal choice...and leaving others to make theirs.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
First time in London since the 19th and seemed the vast majority of people on train/underground still wearing them and understand the spirit of the rules.

I just heading south having just spent a pleasant weekend in the capital and would second this, interesting that on my train right now heading south majority wearing masks yet going north on Friday not so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
First time in London since the 19th and seemed the vast majority of people on train/underground still wearing them and understand the spirit of the rules.

Seems similar everywhere. Most people doing the decent thing for now and still wearing masks. Those trying to claim otherwise are talking shyte

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Had to drive to London on Friday - stopped at Fleet Services (M3) on the way up, and the way back - pleasantly surprised to see the vast majority of people wore masks.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No.

People are forgetting where we are in the pandemic. We no longer need to wear masks. If people are happier without one, then they shouldn't wear one. We are the point in the pandemic where we need to prioritise the mental wellbeing of people.

For a bit of context of where we are in the pandemic - Brighton last night:

I'm in there, bloody great night too!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I just heading south having just spent a pleasant weekend in the capital and would second this, interesting that on my train right now heading south majority wearing masks yet going north on Friday not so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I can third that, went into London yesterday on Thameslink and the majority were wearing masks and the only exceptions were those you would expect to have been flaunting the rules pre 19th. Also seemed the case in most restaurants and shops we passed.

Maybe the public can be trusted.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here