Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will wilkins quit if hammond leaves

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Yes but wouldn't you have thought it would be the manager that would have a little say in what happens with the team - ie at millwall before kick off dick knight tells bas agent it is his last game for the club - great team morale before a game - not - yes it is dean job on the pitch which up until christmas he was doing a great job - chairman sticks his nose in and look what happens

....and you of course have concrete evidence that DK hadn't discussed this with DW ahead of the match, and that DW hadn't agreed to drop a potentially disruptive player from the squad?

The role and responsibility of the Chairman of any organisation is to lead and to be seen to lead, and to represent the democratic views of the Board of Directors. He cannot make decisions without the backing of the Board. DK does not hold a majority interest and so must discuss all relevent matters with his Board, take a vote and act accordingly.

ffs!!

:flameboun

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
We know Dick is not whiter than white - that's obvious.

But you are blaming Dick for everything without considering the possibility that the individual players in question might be at fault.

'Not a very good deal' is all relative. It might not be very good for what Dean feels he can get or feels he deserves (though it might), but similarly it might be a very good deal for what the club can afford. If you stopped to consider that in your posts, you might not get the 'shit post' accusations levelled at you.

Similarly, and despite what other may 'truly believe' on here, Dean, Dean, Ian, Barry and Martin are all in the loop to a greater or lesser on any potential transfer targets. Dick gets involved too, but to say that the others don't, as well as the fact that Dick picks the team... :rolleyes:

For instance, your earlier posts about Bas and the Millwall game - I'm afraid you got it the wrong way round. Dick was told about Bas desire to leave AFTER the Millwall game, and he heard from 'a local reporter', let's assume it was Andy Naylor. Dick was upset being told that way - Wilkins obviously didn't tell him beforehand. Hence we got Dick's rather unfortunate response, a type of response he has said he will be more careful with in future (I'm paraphrasing that last bit).

no dick told bas agent before the millwall game it would be his last FACT!

ALL I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY IS WHY IS IT ALWAYS EVERYBODY ELSES FAULT APART FROM, DICK - HE NEVER ADMITS HE IS WRONG - WE HAD A GOOD TEAM SPIRIT BEFORE CHRISTMAS AND LOOK WHAT HAS HAPPENED - BAS GOES - GEORGES SEPAKS THE TRUTH AND HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH DEAN HAMMOND - I PERSONALLY WOULD THINK MORE OF DICK IF HE TOLD THE TRUTH AND SAID I F....D UP - IT TAKES A GOOD PERSON TO ADMIT THAT

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
no dick told bas agent before the millwall game it would be his last FACT!

ALL I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY IS WHY IS IT ALWAYS EVERYBODY ELSES FAULT APART FROM, DICK - HE NEVER ADMITS HE IS WRONG - WE HAD A GOOD TEAM SPIRIT BEFORE CHRISTMAS AND LOOK WHAT HAS HAPPENED - BAS GOES - GEORGES SEPAKS THE TRUTH AND HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH DEAN HAMMOND - I PERSONALLY WOULD THINK MORE OF DICK IF HE TOLD THE TRUTH AND SAID I F....D UP - IT TAKES A GOOD PERSON TO ADMIT THAT

Can you please tell us how you think Dick has f***ed up?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
his lack of understanding the word "negotiations" - this is the offer take it or leave it - hammond is the capatain has been brought through the youth system proved he is a good player (why would a championship club want him otherwise) and dick should have sorted this long ago - even before last october

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
his lack of understanding the word "negotiations" - this is the offer take it or leave it - hammond is the capatain has been brought through the youth system proved he is a good player (why would a championship club want him otherwise) and dick should have sorted this long ago - even before last october

Despite the fact that both Dick and the agent have said that they have been in negotiations since August, and that an offer was made three months ago, with further negotiations since, you KNOW that Dick hasn't been negotiating?

Are you in a position to reveal your source?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Jeeeez

Lets start with Savage, O'Callaghan and now Hammond and of course I am sure he has missed out on lots more during this window.

Thats in the last 28 days.

And you clearly haven't listened to anything that has been said in the last few weeks.

Savage wanted to be the best paid player at the club (or his agent did). Do you think he deserved that? No, neither did DK.

O'Callaghan may have been good (at times), but was a mouthy gobshite who had no interest in playing here in the long term. Plus, he was poking his nose around in business that didn't concern him, and would have ultimately had more of a detrimnetal effect on team morale than good. Not one player has thanked him for his outburst.

Hammond, well maybe this could have been sorted out last summer, but who knows whether or not we may have been at the same point anyway. Even if a contract offer was on the table last summer, there is absolutely no indication that Hammond would have signed it there and then.

Remember, we came perilously close to being relegated again last season, and DH has been crystal clear about his ambition to get back to the Championship. I would suggest that he would not have signed last summer - because he wanted to be in this situation now.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

I give up.

The only lack of understanding I can see is from a few on here who do not seem to understand the realities of running a business and running a football club. You have a totally simplistic view of the club - we are not winning as much as I would like - someone must be to blame - it must be the chairman - Knight out - don't let he facts get in the way of my biased agenda.

You also do not seem to understand that there may have been a great deal of negotiation before getting to the 'final offer' stage. Sometimes negotiations do not bring what one or either party may want, but there is no fault on either side. It happens all the time.

Thank God none of you has anything to do with running our club or any other.

Jeeeez

Lets start with Savage, O'Callaghan and now Hammond and of course I am sure he has missed out on lots more during this window.

Thats in the last 28 days.

Ok let's start with those three examples. All three players were made offers to stay, all three decided not accept those offers. Two of those had agents that went blabbing to the press in order make the chairman look bad in the press, the other just went and did it himself despite being a temp.

Lets see how it has all panned out. Player one is currently sat at home catching up on Jeremy Kyle and Trisha. Player two has lost his job at championship side Ipswich and will now sample the heady heights of Irish league football, and the third will probably earn us a few quid.

I am really failing to see how DK has really ballsed any of this up. The club wanted all three to stay, and all three felt the club could not offer them either in terms of money or status what they wanted for the careers and have chosen to move on. I fail to see the controversy here.

Alternatively we could look at the signing of an experienced midfielder from a Scottish Premier league side and the return of a championship level full back, and that's just in the last 14 days!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yes, of course you should, because it's the only way you can feel superior, while the rest of us think how f***ing sad that comment sounds. Fancy hearing the chairman moan about the team, eh? Christ, they'll be asking you to sit on the board next!

I'm going to give Yorkie a break here and give her the benefit of the doubt.

I read her post as meaning 'you made an important point, Ed, and it needs repeating...', but, having read your take on it, I could be wrong.

:shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes, of course you should, because it's the only way you can feel superior, while the rest of us think how f***ing sad that comment sounds. Fancy hearing the chairman moan about the team, eh? Christ, they'll be asking you to sit on the board next!

Its not often I will say this about something Mr Badger types, but;

HA hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha ha ha ha ha ha

ha

:D:D:D

Top work.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Ok let's start with those three examples. All three players were made offers to stay, all three decided not accept those offers. Two of those had agents that went blabbing to the press in order make the chairman look bad in the press, the other just went and did it himself despite being a temp.

Lets see how it has all panned out. Player one is currently sat at home catching up on Jeremy Kyle and Trisha. Player two has lost his job at championship side Ipswich and will now sample the heady heights of Irish league football, and the third will probably earn us a few quid.

I am really failing to see how DK has really ballsed any of this up. The club wanted all three to stay, and all three felt the club could not offer them either in terms of money or status what they wanted for the careers and have chosen to move on. I fail to see the controversy here.

Alternatively we could look at the signing of an experienced midfielder from a Scottish Premier league side and the return of a championship level full back, and that's just in the last 14 days!
Agree with all of that. I think all 3 are examples of how Dick has the long-term interests of the club at heart, rather than the short-term giving in to any individual player. If Wilkins was to leave because of these incidents I would be surprised and disappointed. He has been in football long enough to know that players come and go and around this club long enough that we have to cut our suit according to the small amount of cloth we have.

If I was Wilkins I would be disappointed with Hammond - he has shown faith in keeping him as captain and continuing to play him even through losses of form and that faith hasn't been repaid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here