Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will wilkins quit if hammond leaves

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
not sure why but i think wilkins may quit as albion boss if hammond leaves because i think hes sick of losing players savage etc also hammond is ihis captain and he brought him up thru the youth team.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
dont think he will quit - can imagine him been pretty pissed off though, as another one of his squad leaves

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Wouldn't blame him the chairman seems to makes as many decisions to do with this club as he can - you wait next home game he will want to be checking the burgers and hotdogs haven't got to many onions in them before there are sold - not bad considering he was the one that said no one person would be in control of the club - it appears that everything that goes on in the club he sticks his nose in

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Wouldn't blame him the chairman seems to makes as many decisions to do with this club as he can - you wait next home game he will want to be checking the burgers and hotdogs haven't got to many onions in them before there are sold - not bad considering he was the one that said no one person would be in control of the club - it appears that everything that goes on in the club he sticks his nose in
Agreed fully as the chairman dictates everything at the club:nono:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
it appears that everything that goes on in the club he sticks his nose in

It's called being the Chairman!

If you owned a good majority in a business, wouldn't you want to stick your nose in to see what's going on? I would!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

If you owned a good majority in a business, wouldn't you want to stick your nose in to see what's going on? I would!

Don't be silly Djmiles. Debs obviously knows and has what it takes to run a business.

It is a disgrace that Dick has not managed to cajoule money out of Chapman, The Blooms, Fatboy Slim etc. when we lose money hand over fist. Oh....

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Yes but other managers in other clubs pick there own players unlike us:nono:it should be the manager that states im after so and so,but o know we get dick saying it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wilkins knows the limits on player budgets and we are a selling club so he knows the reality of the situation therefore unlikely to leave.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
and what about the rest of the board of directors

The ones that financially support the club? If they weren't happy with him, then I suspect they would not be so generous and would not back him as chairman. Chairman meaning the big chief, i.e. he is the boss.

I would be more worried if the chairman did not take an interest in the club.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
at the end of the day you hear with all other clubs from the managers who they are targeting for - with us all we he is dick doing this - what will he be doing next - i am having this team on saturday's game - he and the BOARD OF DIRECTORS have employed Dean Dean and Ian to do a job - PLEASE Dick let them do it !!!!!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
and what about the rest of the board of directors

How do you know they don't stick their nose in? They may well do, but it's always going to be Dick Knight in the papers because he owns more than anyone else (to my knowledge)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
at the end of the day you hear with all other clubs from the managers who they are targeting for - with us all we he is dick doing this - what will he be doing next - i am having this team on saturday's game - he and the BOARD OF DIRECTORS have employed Dean Dean and Ian to do a job - PLEASE Dick let them do it !!!!!

How is he stopping them from doing their job or are you just speculating? DW has made it clear he doesn't want to get pulled into transfer speculation, which seems likea good idea if you ask me. The key job of a manager is to deal with on the field and dressing room affairs, not contractual talks and speculation.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
This all goes back to the Knight argument, as usual.

Okay, he's saved the club but that isn't a requisite for him to do whatever he likes. We appreciate him saving us, obviously, but as I say that doesn't mean he is immune from any critisism. So, you are allowed to ask the question, why doesn't he put more money in?

The simple answer to this is, does he have it? And to be honest we won't know. We all know brighton aren't the best off club so we know that it isn't like is Man Utd were being tight to their manager. We don't know the ins and outs of club finance but it does appear to me that if they invested some money the positive multiplier effect would come into play and they could actually end up accumulating. But again, we won't really know and it might not be possible. We don't really know how much would have to be invested to get the end product of actually making money through investing (getting promoted/playing exciting football for instance). To be honest I think it is that they don't want to take any spending risks (look how turienzo ended up), which is probably quite wise.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Yes but wouldn't you have thought it would be the manager that would have a little say in what happens with the team - ie at millwall before kick off dick knight tells bas agent it is his last game for the club - great team morale before a game - not - yes it is dean job on the pitch which up until christmas he was doing a great job - chairman sticks his nose in and look what happens

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here