Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we make the top 6?

Assuming no loan activity, do you think we will finish in the top 6 this season?

• Yes, yes we will

Votes: 121 27.9%
  • No, no we won't

Votes: 312 72.1%

• Total voters

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
In a season of scrapped-for victories and rarely a time when we've looked totally top-dog - yes i know, thanks to injuries in a way - i don't think we have it in us to go on an identity-forming and forceful run to grab that bottom play-off spot. I hope we quickly become something again. I don't mind not winning every week, but i do mind being without many extraordinary moments to remember.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It is isn't over until the fat bird sings.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
and didnt think we would all season,3 year plan and all that

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Not at a chance, i knew before the season had started we wouldn't

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Any team capable of sweeping aside the runnaway leaders as we did has to have the ability to win more matches than they lose , i think we will just scrape in by the skin of our teeth , we have a fine squad , we really need to start showing how fine it is on the pitch now , these next 2 home games v Doncaster and Leeds are must wins if my skin of our teeth prediction is to come true .

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We could need more than half a new team next season, No Kusczak, Upson, Greer, Bruno, Ward , Lopez and how much is that going to cost without reinforcing the other parts of the squad. Whoever is in charge of this strategy needs booting out quickly.
I can't see Bloom sacking himself somehow.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I don't think we have any chance of making the top 6 - mind you thought the same last season at this time in the season and the run in was all the more enjoyable for it being so unexpected.

Being a pessimist means you can really enjoy the good times :)

The man who is a pessimist before 48 knows too much; if he is an optimist after it he knows too little.” - Mark Twain

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
No chance, and I'm not sure it's worth the expense of bringing in any loan signings, might as well save the cash and put it towards the summer transfer window.
The deals need to done before the start of the new season and not at the last minute or we will always be playing catch up.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think we can forget making the top five, that's for sure - we are ten points adrift now. Sixth place is between us and seven other teams. It's going to be a mini-league for that last spot between now and the end of the season. Personally I doubt if we can make it - the squad is weaker with the loss of Crofts, Bridcutt, Barnes and El Abd (the latter given Greer's poor recent form - and the fact we have not bought a replacement). Yet to see how Rodriguez and Stephens will shape up. One bright spot - CMS should be back soon. We really need him. Overall, it's not impossible but the odds are stacked against us.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Quite simply NO. You don't sell your best players and improve the team. We have sold Bridcutt and become a worse team for it.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Simple question:

Assuming no loan activity, do you think we will finish in the top 6 this season?

Currently 21 Yes / 107 No.

Try doing the same poll after a win next Saturday, see what the result is then.

I'm a Yes.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm always optimistic, but after watching today's game, my optimism has taken a battering.
My opinion, and we all have them, coupled with what iv'e seen, is that we are lacking in a few areas.
If our passing is spot on, then the lack of PACE is not so much an issue. Today our passing was woeful and we had no PACE to get us out of trouble.
I also notice that the sides that do well against us have big handy defenders, Derby for example, and if Leo is marked by a couple (which he seems to be) then with just him up front, no penetration.
Watford had done their homework, they knew that Dave on the wing had no pace, attacked down that side, and doubled/trebled up on KLL on the left, until he was forced to come inside....equaling no width.
PACE is needed......seems only KLL and Will (when fit) can provide this.....oh and Solly.
The new chap looked quite sharp, perhaps giving Leo a hand might help.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Any team capable of sweeping aside the runnaway leaders as we did has to have the ability to win more matches than they lose , i think we will just scrape in by the skin of our teeth , we have a fine squad , we really need to start showing how fine it is on the pitch now , these next 2 home games v Doncaster and Leeds are must wins if my skin of our teeth prediction is to come true .

I think we have a chance but beating the runner away leaders was before the spine of the team was ripped out bridcutt croft and barnes. But still plenty of twist yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here