Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we make the top 6?

Assuming no loan activity, do you think we will finish in the top 6 this season?

• Yes, yes we will

Votes: 121 27.9%
  • No, no we won't

Votes: 312 72.1%

• Total voters

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Albion beat Reading at home ?

Albion beat Ipswich at home ?

The table looks a lot better.

I'd be amazed that if at the end of February - if we are still in touch - we don't make 1-2 quality 93 day loan signings from the PL.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
We still have to play Reading and Ipswich at home, and looking at the rest of the fixtures then I'd say we have a chance. A very slim chance at that.

our home form is not that great. don't rely on that, winning at home is actually rare.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Not this season.

Hopefully with the management team in place for a full pre season & some good quality signings we will really push on & go for it next season.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
I'd have to say No, but....
This time last season we were 7th on 42 points, 5 points behind 6th place
We had great form in the last 18 games, W-9 D-6 L-3, and finished 4th, 9 points ahead of 6th place!

So to me it doesn't look quite so bad on paper, it's just where other teams have strengthened we have gone the other way, or at best stood still so realistically we simply aren't good enough to challenge for top 6.

As has been said I expect a clear out in the summer of some dead wood (Greer & Spanish David esp) and then another season of consolidation as the new squad & Oscar's 'style' finally beds in.

Last edited:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
After the summer we had, a new manager to bed in and the relative financial clout we seem to have vs the likes of Leicester, qpr, forest, reading etc I thought "par" for us would be 10th this year. I still think this now, if anything we look a bit weaker with bridders and Barnes gone and crofts out for the season. My main hope is that we finish the season well with buckers and CmS fit and firing (and keep them over the summer) so we go in to next season with a bit of momentum this time...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
No we wont...Loan players are such a gamble unless they are season long loans...They are not commit to the cause. We've missed the boat I'm afraid....But we got a prem stadium and will have a prem training ground, so its alright really.Keep coughing up top whack.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
The odds are that we will not. However we can and there is a realistic chance because there are so many points to play for. We now need to hit a run of good home results with wins and the odd draw. The table will look a little different then for we are not that far behind. OK home form is patchy this year but that is past and margins are small. There is no reason why with luck we cannot achieve.

If Orlandi had slotted home in the last few minutes against Burnley things would be looking a little different now. We are not that far away.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I doubt we'll even finish in the top half of the table let alone the top six.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
no chance unless we start goals , we have only scored 3 goals in the last 6 league games , wont go anywhere until this is sorted

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think all this "no chance" stuff is nonsense, personally. Sure, it's unlikely but we were 6th only a month ago. Four straight wins might seem unlikely but it is do-able, and if we did that we'd be right back in the frame. The good news is that generally, we don't concede many. He might just make one or two tweaks to the side and find goals start to flow.

But nevertheless, I'll go for "highly unlikely".

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I think we'll make the top ten, I just don't think we're enough of the finished article to make the top six... but miracles happen, as was proved by some other team...

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I'd have to say No, but....
This time last season we were 7th on 42 points, 5 points behind 6th place
We had great form in the last 18 games, W-9 D-6 L-3, and finished 4th, 9 points ahead of 6th place!

So to me it doesn't look quite so bad on paper, it's just where other teams have strengthened we have gone the other way, or at best stood still so realistically we simply aren't good enough to challenge for top 6.

As has been said I expect a clear out in the summer of some dead wood (Greer & Spanish David esp) and then another season of consolidation as the new squad & Oscar's 'style' finally beds in.

Incredibly harsh about Greer who' s been brilliant for us ever since he signed. Now how long he and Upson can go on as a central pairing is another matter but to called him " dead wood" is totally unfair and just wrong.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Incredibly harsh about Greer who' s been brilliant for us ever since he signed. Now how long he and Upson can go on as a central pairing is another matter but to called him " dead wood" is totally unfair and just wrong.

Fair enough....

I'll take that. He has not been on his best form of late shall we say? Confidence has visibly drained from him and those around him of late but a good performance and win on Saturday might do everyone wonders. My posts do reflect frustration with our Captain but I will be 100% behind him and the team no question as I have no doubt he at least is doing his best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here