Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we make the top 6?

Assuming no loan activity, do you think we will finish in the top 6 this season?

• Yes, yes we will

Votes: 121 27.9%
  • No, no we won't

Votes: 312 72.1%

• Total voters

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
If we have some loan activity then I think 'Yes' we could sneak 6th ... sadly if no activity then 'No'

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
14/1 on BHAFC to get promoted would suggest the chances are slim.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If we got Messi, Ronaldo and Suarez on load we wouldn't make the play offs this year. Far to much missing from the organizational side. I expect a midtable finish, and let's regroup, look at whats working and what isn't and look to improve the squad for next year. For me, it's not personnel we're missing (although that obviously helps a lot) but basic footballing philosophy - we're all over the place and simply don't look like scoring. We really need to go back to basics. It's disappointing as, I believe, when this season finishes our squad on paper will be better than our league position demonstrates. We're a shadow of the team that finished last season.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Looks like Tony tight has taken us as far as he can???

God you're tedious.

I said at the start of the season and i stand by it - top 10 would be acceptable for me this season. We know we're not strong enough and our injuries have hit us. It's not an excuse as the other players should be good enough and some really need to look at themselves. If we get a couple of quality loans in then we can push on towards the top 6 but this was always a transitional season.
I still trust Oscar though, his close/pre-season will be vital.

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
No chance. No depth in the squad, letting players leave still and not fully replacing, some clubs pushing the boat out and taking a gamble to get there and ironically our gambler of a chairman not wanting to have a punt, says to me he don't fancy his chances of winning. Missed our best chance last season because of Poyet's negativity in not wanting to see the job through. I'm afraid in crowds and the income may well drop off now, momentum is lost at the moment. They may be trying to cut back in order to save money but in the long term it'll just mean they will lose even more

Jul 20, 2003
before opening this thread the phrase 'yes, yes we will' came to mind

no chance :shrug:

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
I think it's unlikely, but this isn't really a massive surprise. I was erring on the side of caution after the Summer anyway; Give Oscar a season to get to grips, go for it next season. That we've done as well as we have so far is a minor miracle.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Not a Cat in Hell's chance - given our 'performance' in the final third'.

Mid-table obscurity beckons. :annoyed:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Even my most optimistic prediction has us in 7th. Other teams will drop points vs this but so will we so whilst 74 or 75 will make play offs I can't see us making it

140203Footie_zpsc3bf6084.png

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
We have a good chance. Every team has bad spells, but that has to end. A win on Saturday against Doncaster and win our game in hand and we are right back in contention. Don't right us off to early. Didn't we go through a similar patch at the end of last season, which even had somebody booking their holiday on the play off final dates as they were adamant we wouldn't be near the near play offs? And correct me if I'm wrong, we weren't even in the play off zone till after the Palace game, which was after March. Plenty of time to make it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We have a good chance. Every team has bad spells, but that has to end. A win on Saturday against Doncaster and win our game in hand and we are right back in contention. Don't right us off to early. Didn't we go through a similar patch at the end of last season, which even had somebody booking their holiday on the play off final dates as they were adamant we wouldn't be near the near play offs? And correct me if I'm wrong, we weren't even in the play off zone till after the Palace game, which was after March. Plenty of time to make it.

We made it last year because Boro, Leicester and Palace went on the most ridiculously bad runs combined with our excellent run. Whilst we "might" string a good run together between now and end of season it will still rely on at least 2 (more likely 3 or 4) of those above us hitting a brick wall now. Will take a freak of epic proportions imo

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Very true! They were always going to be 3 tough away games in quick succession. I think Watford are on a definite upturn, so their recent results and league position belie where they actually are right now. We're not clicking away from home, so it is a problem, especially with 3 matches on the spin.

3 on the bounce at home now plus the cup tie. Could all swing around yet again by the end of Feb.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Too right ! Still to play Reading at the Amex and that match could be key.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We made it last year because Boro, Leicester and Palace went on the most ridiculously bad runs combined with our excellent run. Whilst we "might" string a good run together between now and end of season it will still rely on at least 2 (more likely 3 or 4) of those above us hitting a brick wall now. Will take a freak of epic proportions imo

Really? Reading lost 3 on the bounce only 3 weeks ago. Likewise Ipswich lost 2 and drew 2 at the turn of the year. Wigan have played less away games than most and with 2 games in hand will still fancy their chances. I'd say 6th is still wide open, and not requiring a freak of epic proportions at all. Reading go away to QPR next week, then home to Blackburn, by the time they visit us on March 8th, things could look very different.

I'll grant you the top 5 are looking solid, but 6th could come from anywhere from 5 or 6 teams.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do this poll again after our next load of home games.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
We have a big period of home games coming up and the teams occupying the playoff places have a few tough games especially Forest, Derby and Reading. When we have the 2 home games in March v QPR an Reading we will know then whether we are still in with a shout of whether we are not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here